• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MEGAMIX-Intro to Shrooms

Frump said:
I don't feel right. I don't know if its just the trip or what, but everything kinda lost meaning. I'm seeing some crazy stuff, don't feel very secure. Need to smoke some weed and calm down and blink but its hard.

What the hell are you still doing inside man..? Go outside, play with nature, that's the way to shroom..

Blowmonkey said:
What the hell are you still doing inside man..? Go outside, play with nature, that's the way to shroom..
Very true, very true indeed. I'm always the one that wanders outside first, only to come back a half hour later and try to convince everyone else how much greater outside is than inside. Which usually ends up taking a good half hour in itself. Then they get outside and go "WOW. Calvin you're a fucking genius."

Only to try giving me the same damn trouble getting them back outside the next time we use mushrooms. 8)

Although sometimes, like in the middle of the night, in the pouring rain, being outside on mushrooms is more confusing than it is fun. Thoughts like, "What the hell am I doing outside in the rain?! I'm stupid as hell, it's pitch black out here. *russel* Oh shit, what's that in the bushes?! *russel* AHHHH!!!"

this is the best. i feel so great. i know what life is now, go worry about someone else now.

I shouldn't have eaten the whole bag. I tripped much too hard after that last post. Full blowl visuals, I was going insane. My dad had to sit by my bed for hours, I took some flexeril and then eventually fell asleep. I could make myself see whatever I wanted, and I could almost travel outside of my body, but I had too much control, I felt like I was unstable with feelings.

Those things are powerful. It is so much harder to remember it's all just a trip when you can control the world. I had a universal feeling, that was constantly changing (basically I was living out childhood memories) so I would go from insanely happy to screaming and shaking in a matter of seconds. I hope this experience hasn't soured psychedelics for me...

I guess I didn't come on to the first half 8th until about 3am, and by then I had just drank a 2.5g cup of tea... 4.5g of cubenisis is way too much for someone my age with my experience. Suicide was not far from my mind at some points.
My brain is still racing, I won't be able to properly explain myself for a few more hours, at which time I'll probably post something in trip reports.

Last edited:
Maybe that'll teach ya. Don't play around with psychedelics, they'll kick your ass and take you on a trip anyways.

Think about it, you could of had two more nice trips out of that bag. But you decided to push it and it knocked your ass down and took over.

How did your dad take this? If I went nuts and had hallucinations all night, I think my parents might have freaked pretty badly!

--- G.

Haze - I can't fully explain it yet, but it was definately overall one of the best experiences of my life, and I don't regret what I did. I don't mind using the whole bag, it was only 20 bucks and there are much more where that came from. It was just very easy to slip from euphoria to terror.

And morrisons lament - my parents are hippies, they were the ones who gave me the shrooms. My dad has always had an extremely low tolerance (1/4 hit of acid would send him into space, or one small mushroom) so he knew alot of what I was feeling.

Yeah, Mushrooms are one of the most powerful psychedelics *when it comes to* their control factor over you. A high dose will have you doing things you dont understand, unless you're very experienced. I've had to hold on for dear life on a few high dose trips (hold on to trees as well, hoping they'd save me). Confusion happens when you attempt to control your thoughts in a rational manner and try to place meanings on everything. Once you learn to go with the flow of a mushroom trip, you will find their true power...

Yeah, getting your ass kicked is pretty fun sometimes.

But sitting next to your bed watching you scream and shake probably wasn't too fun for your dad.

Shrooms - Potentiality of a Bad Trip, Where to Trip

I live with my parents and if I'm out of the house for 6 hours I'll need a reason. I do have some fields out in the woods near my area to trip, but I dont know what I'd do there. What should I bring with me?

Also, I was wondering what I should start with. I was thinking half an eigth but I have a friend who tripped (saw things change colors) on 1 gram of shrooms. I've done 25 mg of 2C-I before and was nowhere near a bad trip. Would half an eigth probably be fine? I was thinking of 1 gram my first time but its not too important.

What would I probably feel on 1 gram?

First of all, forests can be excellent places to trip out. You just have to get yourself into the natural mindset and go in there. Can make you feel incredibly close to the earth. Make sure to go with a friend though, don't wanna risk flipping out in the woods alone. Bring a comfy bag filled with water, some portable music if possible, marijuana, some good thought provoking literature. Oh yeah, and grab a nice big nature staff to walk with :) As for the dose, it really varies so much with shrooms. I'd say mow about 2 grams of mushrooms. That should set you on a fairly strong trip if they are decent shrooms, and a nuts trip if they are really good shrooms. 1 gram can be a nice dose, but often 1 gram of mushrooms just gives you energy and elevated mood but with far less altered though paths and no visuals . Almost a whole differant drug at 1 gram, but a great experience none the less.

yea i agree if its your first time u definatly need a friend.i did 6 grams alone and never been so fucked up in my lifetime,i think a friend who was trippin with me woulda made things go way smoother.and yes forests are really good for mushrooms although u might get lost which has happened to my buddy.bring som herbs some music and if u wanna actually tripp out buy an eigth then eat 2 grams smoke some weed and see how u feel after an hour and half and if u think u can handle it which u prolly will eat the remaining 1.5 grams to kick it up a notch.half an eigth will give u energy and prolly not much more than smoking a joints worth of effects if not less.but it all depends on the shrooms,i ate a gram of the most insane shroom iv ever seen and was out of my tree like id be on a regular 4 gram dose(i got a report in the experience forum)

dont expect the actually visuals and tripping to last more than 5-6 hours depending on your dose but the come down will last a couple hours longer,so im saying give yourself at least 6 hours to be away from home and free of stressfull duties.basically just relax and chill with a buddy,nature and forests are a great spot to find shit to do if your mind is open to it.

Eat 2 grams for first time. 2.25 if you handled 25mg of 2C-I easily.
6 Hour trip.
Woods = perfect, WITH a friend or small group, no more than 4 or 5 people.
Bring weed, music, comfortable clothes, but not too many extra items.

those are my suggestions, opinions

Unfortunately I'm getting drug tested so I wont have marijuana. I suppose it should be okay without it however. By the way, I have schizophrenia in my family (my aunt has it), and I am definitely somewhat delusional and I think I may have it, just that it hasnt come out yet. However, I think I'm better with psychedelics than normal people because I'm kind of used to a somewhat psychotic state. I think people who are psychotic but their psychosis greatly affects their actions have negative reactions to psychedelics. However, I can keep my psychosis from affecting my actions for the most part so I dont think psychedelics will do any harm. Actually, they seem to often soothe my psychosis, I think happy and spiritually.

By the way, it will be with 1 friend in the woods. I doubt I'll get lost because the woods arent THAT big and I know my way around them well. There's a nice stream out there too. There's also a big construction site on the side of the woods that I never checked out, maybe I can while trippin. I have alot of memories of those woods, there's quicksand back there and I fell in once and my friend miles had to pull me out.

What I'm gonna bring:
1) boombox (discman if too big)
2) firelog (for fire)
3) flammable material (like gasoline but weaker, something flammable)
4) mirror (to look at our faces)
5) picnic blanket
6) water and juice, some money for food since we'll be out a while
7) interesting literature (mostly philosophical and buddhist stuff)
8) paper and pencils and colored pencils for psychedelic art

yea, it's alot, but we'll both have backpacks

I hope it turns out good. It will probably be within a few weeks.

4) mirror (to look at our faces)
I don't know about this one. i personally can't look at myself when tripping. anyways, have fun!:) :)

the blanket is a good idea. i love to cuddle with things when im tripping, humans are perferable, but soft things work too!

just relax and enjoy the trip, its a blast

"the blanket is a good idea. i love to cuddle with things when im tripping, humans are perferable, but soft things work too!"

Yea, I was wondering if a sleeping bag was a better idea. Cuddling with things is tripping is good? If so I'll probably bring some pillows too. I wont be cuddling with the other human because its a guy. And I'm not gay. I remember cuddling with my dog when I was morning glory trippin and it was a total blast. Haha I wanna camp outside one night and just trip on acid.

Hey people. I was just pointed to this page a few hours ago and it has helped me alot. I have a few specific ?s that i would like to ask, but i will explain my situation first.

1. I am looking to do some shrooms some time in the near future (in about a month as i have a drug test for an offshore job). I need to know how do measure how many g's the shrooms weigh. I have heard people talking bout only taking like 3.5g's, but dont know how to find out the weight.

2. I love the "exploration factor" that weed gives to me (i.e. music is soooooo damn bad ass on weed, and i have heard the same goes for shrooms). I want to know some good activities to do on shrooms (going into the woods, eating or drinking anything specific, of looking at shit).

3. I LOVE electronica music in general. Trance, goa/psy(some of it, not the really crazy shit), hardhouse(maybe too extreme on shrooms) etc... I was wondering if anyone has any tracks to recommend to me. One of my fav goa tracks is Hallucinogen - The Herb Garden. something mellow like that and not all hard and crazy like astral projection or infected mushroom.

Thanks alot for the help in advance, and any other advice u can give will be well appreciated.

ps.... i Live in south Mississippi(yes a redneck who likes trance) so an outside activity will certainly be possible, so any recommendation dealing with that will be great.