• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Overdose

I once overdosed to a point I got into such a deep nod I totally lost contact with the world. It doesn't hurt. It actually felt like nothing. I don't know exactly how much time passed until my girlfriend saw me in this state. Nonetheless, I felt no pain at all, I remember blackness, i.e. nothing. The overdose was caused by 3 shots of morphine spaced in time. There was no naloxone at hand. Nobody but her actually knew what to do. I got an i.m. shot of ephedrine and that got me out of this deep nod. I was still spaced out but I heard what was going on around me and when morphine wore off I was fine.

The other time I combined codeine and morphine (God knows for what reason). I injected codeine i.m. and I got a feeling the dose was too low and I didn't feel it. Then I shot morphine i.v. and it hit me right away. A moment later I heard knocking on the door and it was my girlfriend. We were to go for a walk to the woods at the artificial lake in my city. I had just enough time to open the door and then I blacked out. The next thing I remember was seeing my girlfriend trying to give me coffee to drink. I didn't feel if it was hot. She phoned for a friend of ours and we left. Then she gave me a shot of naloxone when we got her apartment in the near estate.

You don't feel you overdosed. It's actually indistinguishable for a person who OD'ed if it's a very deep nod or it's an actual overdose. That's unless you shot a much higher dose than usually and it hit strong you instantly, then there's that feeling it's too much but then you go into a state when you nod out and amnesia also kicks in. There were times I nodded out so hard I fell on the floor hitting my head and I felt absolutely no pain, I opened my eyes just for a moment when I got into a horizontal position from a vertical position. But for people around it's easily seen if one is dealing with an overdose or a deep nod. You're cold, you stop sweating, your heart rate drops dramatically, your pupils are literally of a pin-head size, and as your blood pressure also decreases, one can notice blood circulation in the body of a person who OD'ed is slower so your nails start to be blue and your face turns pale.

Heroin OD

When i overdosed i was blacked out drunk, probably around a .35 bac, shot two bags, or so i was told. They said i collapased in about 45 sec. Face turned blue, then my heart stopped. My brother slapped me and gave me CPR for around 2-3 minutes, but it was the icewater down my pants that finally brought me back. Saw my brother fall out too once, took about a min. Most od's occur very soon after the shot.

My ex used to work with a animal tech at a vet's office back in the 70's who OD'ed at the office one morning. She was laid out with the plunger in her arm and all of the drug had yet to be injected. It turns out she was one of 10 - 20 in the area back then who died due to some incredibly pure H that hit the town. None of them knew and like her, most died with the needle in with some of the drug still in it. Very sad situation!

I have no real recollection of what happened when i overdosed. i remember pushing in the plunger and exhaling then waking up in the shower with my friends slapping and yelling at me. Good times.

thread is a bit old...

but i'm reading around, and trying to get a good consensus on exact differences between just nodding off and a real overdose. I fall asleep (nod off) frequently on Dilaudid...but I sometimes figure maybe it's just from the allergic effect. I get skin itching with it. (like a lot of people do with opiates)

Every single time, that's ALL it feels like...is like I wanna fall asleep. Never any breathing issues or chest pain before that. Would be great if there were more telltale symptoms / signs to distinguish between falling asleep and OD.

anymore input?

Every single time, that's ALL it feels like...is like I wanna fall asleep. Never any breathing issues or chest pain before that. Would be great if there were more telltale symptoms / signs to distinguish between falling asleep and OD.

anymore input?

Well that's the reason why opiates are so dangerous and so many people OD on them, The difference between heavy nod and the morgue is about half a cunt hair's width. In another person it's easy to tell because of the loud gasping,8o blue lips/face/extremities:(, et cetera but in ones self by the time any of these symptoms appear you're already unconscious.

I've od'd probably about 10 or so times in which I had to go to the hospital. In the times it's been from poly-drug use (main benzos) I passed out before I even felt high at all, I just passed right out, and woke up hours later in the hospital. From just heroin, you feel really high and sometimes if it's just under an od you have time to lie down and be like "stay up, stay up, I'm way to high to pass out" and hopefully not pass out and choke to death on your own vomit or something. If you do enough heroin to od you usually just pass out about 30 seconds after doing the dope and hopefully you wake up after x amount of minutes if you're injected with narcan (assuming someone calls the paramedics). And finally if you have a seizure from oding, you get high and then you black out and wake up after you stop spazzing out (this happened to me once at insite, I have no memory of what happened after I threw my gear away till about five minutes after when I stop spaziming).

I have another question to add to this discussion - on movies and stuff, I always see people taking a shot and passing out w needle in the arm. Supposedly philip seymor hoffman died like that. HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN? When I take a shot, I usually do not get hit by it until I pull the needle out, usually takes 5-10 sec for the rush. DO people just sit there and leave it in?

It can hit as the plunger is being depressed if you're slow and by the time you've done all of it, it's to much and you pass out. Ive never passed out with the needle in my arm but the times I have od'd I've never made it more than a few steps from where I injected.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread also this my first post ever iv O'D twice (well first one 100% OD but 2nd blacked out but no paramedics needed or narcan) first time i drunk hell of alot also this was my first time iv heroin and i went under at someones house who i didnt really know, well they really helped me... they took me outside and left me for dead basically. all i remember is him pushing down on the plunger going to sit down then waking up in a hospital with some stranger and told me where they found me. VERY VERY grateful for him. but i felt no pain or anything. if your going to do it always do it with someone! well someone you trust, who wont just leave you.

I've overdosed 6 times where I've needed medical assistance. 2 of those times I didn't even get the needle out of my arm. Those 2 times I remember I'd been awake on speed for about 48 hrs and was coming down. It was always painless. You can OD half an hour to an hour after you've been given narcain too. Narcain has a very short half life and wears off within a few minutes. Once I overdosed I was given narcain and immediately left the hospital as soon as I could walk, I got on a bus to go home 10 minutes down the road. I woke up with the driver shaking me yelling that it was the end of the line and I had to get off. There's lots of cases of people overdosing within a couple of hours of being given narcain. Be careful and don't use alone.

I overdosed in my car once and just woke up 8 hours later, not knowing what had happened. Like falling asleep, I guess. One time my ex husband went in the bathroom for a shot, came back out, sat down in an armchair, picked up his guitar, and started to lose consciousness, slowing slipping down to the floor. He turned blue, the color of my bluejeans. I yelled to my friend to call 911 and gave him CPR until they came. His eyes flickered and opened just as they came in the door. So, IME no pain, just like a seizure -- if you live, you just wake up kind of out of it, wondering what the hell happened and why people are standing around you all freaked out.

I just od 2 days ago. Scariest shit I've been through. And narcan sucks. The nurses at er told me it was medicine to help. They put it in my iv. Sat straight up and puked.

Only time I've OD'd - Heroin & Xanax, summer of 2010, came to in a city hospital, apparently I was found in my car after rolling into the back of a taxi with my head on the wheel unconscious and the horn going beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I remember demanding my drugs be returned to me when I was in fact lucky to be alive and not under arrest for anything. If I had gone out for good that night it would have been blissfully painless.

Oh yeah, Do what works for you, never believe anyone who tells you that their way is the only way.

sorry I accidentally replied to wrong post. In regards to you, I am so happy you are alive!!!!!!!!!!! Your in my thoughts, always now!!

It is a Blissful peace but not the kind you want. Since almost dying Friday, I have a new outlook on life. And anytime your doing anything make sure you plz have someone with u. I didn't iv. I snorted and still almost died. I'm gna live life to the fullest now. I messed up. I have a handsome 7 year old who needs his mommy. It was so selfish of me. God bless everyone