• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Overdose

When I OD'ED on painkillers May 2015, I woke up in intensive care with them pulling tubes out of my mouth.
I blacked out in my chemist of all places, all I took was 7 Palexia painkillers, but I broke them to bypass the extended release. Very dangerous thing to do & I still do it with Tramadol, but I would never do it again with anything stronger. I got a terrible fright.
This is a very morbid thread. I hate it but it's the reality of drug users.
Stay safe everyone :)

Morrisoninmono

I have had one very scary overdose. I was sitting in my car alone. I did my shot and as soon as i did it i knew that the overdose was coming. I could feel it getting ready to hit me and there was no stopping it. It was somewhat like just falling asleep but slightly more scary. There wasn't any pain at all. Just the feeling of impending doom. I came to in the back of an ambulance. Apparently a policeman saw me and had to bust my window and pull me out of the car to save my life. I owe my life to that cop.

Just curious did they arrest you? What state?

So the second time I actually felt like I really got high on heroin (I did shotty tar for about a month before I came to that town so maybe I got high then idk I didn't really feel it.) I got so high I was stumbling out of the bathroom, like I couldn't hardly even walk. Then when we got to the bus stop across the street I started nodding out so bad, and this was the same heroin everyone in town had and the same heroin I did every day the whole 2 weeks I was in town, and I didn't feel this strange no matter how hard I nodded but this time, my 2nd time getting high, I'm sitting there nodding and I feel like really uncomfortable the whole time I'm nodding I'm also having some cev's of passing through ivy covered brick allyways, that's normal for me, that usually happens when I nod on heroin and this uncomfortable feeling it's like my body's to heavy for me and I'm in an awkward position, but even for particularly mind numbing heroin, and high grade shift the uncomfortable feeling was a bit to much for me, so irk but I think I consider that a low scale overdose, but if that's the case you don't have to much to worry about baby ;)
Dose safe, smart, and nod in peace knowing an o.d isn't the worst thing in the world.

Shooting it scares me. I've been on benzos and opiates daily for 5 years, mostly heroin and klonopin, and never OD'd or came close. I feel like if I started shooting it I would very quickly overdose. I base this off the one time I shot, got high in 10 seconds and it scared me... and also tempted me to do it again. I know I'd overdose for sure in a matter of time if I was shooting my dope instead of sniffing measured out doses. That is dangerous enough!
I think this is the deciding factor in my decision not to switch to shooting it. I've been back and forth for a long time, but the overdose stories are really scared and I'd be fucked if that happened to me since my habit is a secret and well, I could die as well. So this is a good thread to discourage IV drug use.

How do I find herion

not here. bluelight is a harm reduction website and is not here to facilitate your poor choices.
also kinda fucked up to ask that here considering the nature of this thread

It all depends. In my experience the junkies OD when the bags have fentanyl in them. I never do a bag before having testers, but i'm not a baser and have plenty of people to test them before I do one on occasion. The only time I have done fent, it made me puke and I could easily see how people die. I've seen someone fall out within 15 minuets of sniffing a "king of death" stamped bag (they became rather popular in the news in other states for causing ODs.) The only time a bag I think that was pure H killed someone , they shot it and were unconscious in 15 minuets. Both were revived by Narcan.

@Angel1987 if there is anyway you could maybe contact me I had a couple questions. My family member is currently using heroin, snorting it. She is also 5 months pregnant. In the mornings she flies around the house looking exaughsted but doing housework etc. at night it's a different story. She must do a lot more. She becomes more lathargic, face turns red, voice changes, eyes stay basically closed and she nods out. I'm very scared of her over dosing as she ALWAYS uses alone and she is pregnant. I don't know what to look for. I typically try and stay awake for a few hours once I see her really high to make sure she's ok. I check multiple times at night to make sure she is breathing. Will I know when it's too much? She always says she knows what she's doing and how much she can do. Truth being, she doesn't. When she gets high, even when she is super high she keeps going, even with weed. I ask why because to me it's just wasting it. My fear is, she is super high but doesn't believe so even though she's nodding while talking and typing and does more and OD's. I don't know how long to watch her or what to look for. Her eyes are always pinned. So small I'm surprised any light actually enters them so using that as a sign won't help me.

Your friend should really get on methadone or buprenorphine so there isn't any issues with the baby.

I doubt you're going to get a reply in this thread btw, it's quite old. There is a specific section of the site that is directed towards issues related to what you posted about, would you like me to move your post(s) there?

And welcome to BL!