• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Overdose

I've been with people who OD'd and died, many years ago. It haunts me to this day that I wasn't in any case able to get through to the families to explain what I knew about their son/daughters death. I sure as hell wasn't going to "co-operate" with any investigation fearing being held inappropriately responsible for what I knew about, maybe saw, but was genuinely powerless to stop.

Some of us try, but finding the family isn't always possible.

Some of us wanted to do the right thing, but our addictions and the disordered lives of those who died made it practically impossible. I know I could have tried harder.

The guilt is heavy. Decade plus later. And then as if to get even with me I lost several friends.

Naloxone for EVERYONE!

To clarify: I never administered an OD dose, and I've never trafficked heroin. I would buy for friends, but none of them were ever harmed. I'm no angel, but pls don't vilify me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Today in Baltimore I OD'ed, I hadn't done any boy in about 34 days due to work outta state, So on my 15 hour bus ride back I was looking forward to the rush of the speedball. When I got to Baltimore I ran into some buddies who led me to the best shit, we walked to an abandon, and had to climb 2 flights of fire escape stairs, I only did half the pill, I remember feeling the rush and my buddy saying " do you taste the coke" then I woke up to 10 paramedics telling me to get up and pickup my shit, I was so outtve it I couldn't even put on my jacket/ sit up. Oh and they were laughing at me throughout the whole experience, they wouldn't help carry my shit down the fire escape stairs due to the risk of getting stuck by a needle. Seeing I just got home froma month of work I had to somehow pikup my 85 pound alice pack loaded down with tools and dirty clothes, a laptop and climb down 2 flights of what was essentially a latter while being laughed at consumed with guilt. I got into the ambulance refused hospital services, had to sign a waiver, bullshitted with them for a few minutes while I got my sea legs back, extreme headache, confusion, chest pain. also they said they had to hit me with four MG of narocaine (is that a lot)to bring me back. Got home, my dad asked me if I had done any dope lately, I said no and felt guilty. I am very lucky I am not dead, lucky I was with some friends, most scum in Baltimore would have just bounced, and I would've died. Not to mention Im lucky the paramedics found me. because all they were given was address and somehow found there way into the abando' through the fire escape and found me there. a perty blue corpse.

fucking fentadope is so dangerous, I don't even really like the high. Baltimore has got some fucked up dope

Just read the above post. I'm a paramedic in the UK and 4mg of narcan doesn't sound right as it comes in 400mcg (microgram) ampoules so 4mg is 10 shots. It's usual to give one or two shots but over here if 800mcg hasn't reversed the respiratory depression then nothing will. I've never herd of anyone been given 10 shots of narcan before.

Pretty shitty the paras laughed at you though I'd get fired for that.

Glad your OK...

Reading that you're a paramedic, what do YOU make of the post that I wrote? The police were 5 min away. If they called right away, could he have made it?

I OD'd the first time I used h(a very small amount nasally). I knew it was coming because I was struggling to breath and I passed out for a few hours. I remember hearing the people I was with laughing at me as it was happening and they made no effort to try to help me at all.

What the hell. I'm glad you made it... and hope even more you don't hang out with those people anymore

You are so lucky he is alive. I hope he gets the help. Addiction isn't necessarily about feeling alone or like nobody cares, though that feeling does fuel addiction sometimes. It's complicated. I could feel the palpable sense of humiliation in my friend who had started using again after quitting. He couldn't even face anybody even though he knew we all cared about him.

Don't give up on your son and remember that if something even worse happens, it doesn't mean that you could have saved him

I OD'ed about 2 months after first IVing heroin, back in 2007. I was also taking Rx dosage of clonazepam at the time, and was stupid enough to not know the danger of mixing the two. I was doing a speedball (yes, another great idea from yours truly), and I think that I did a second shot of heroin while still feeling the coke rush. I was in the basement, and had the time to get upstairs to my bedroom. I turned on the television and laid down, and the next thing I remember a paramedic was standing over me. Luckily for me, my wife found me before I was completely brain dead and have no long term damage from the lack of oxygen. Ever since then I have been VERY conservative when doing opiates, always taking less than I think I need.

Reading that you're a paramedic, what do YOU make of the post that I wrote? The police were 5 min away. If they called right away, could he have made it?

Jenna, deepest sympathy.

Didn't you mention your father took diaza, drank alcohol and IV H that day? All CNS depressants, which the combo could have contributed to his death. Did you have an autopsy performed? Toxicology? If this Autumn person administered the IV she could face criminal charges. If she did, I hope she does.

My own father passed 12 years ago. I was very angry at the doctor who prescribed the oxycontin (thought 80mg was too much for someone with zero tolerance) to the point I cursed him out and called him a killer in front of a packed office. The oxycontin elevated his blood pressure, contributing to a massive heart attack in his sleep. His toxicology showed normal ng levels of oxy, so relief to know it wasn't an overdose, but contributing factor in his death.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Was the dose 80 mg a day (2x 40 mg dose) or 80 mg a dose (160 mg daily)?

Either wait yea those doses are high for someone non tolerant possibly opiate naïve especially for pain relief and not at all for general opiate effect.

Was the dose 80 mg a day (2x 40 mg dose) or 80 mg a dose (160 mg daily)?

Either wait yea those doses are high for someone non tolerant possibly opiate naïve especially for pain relief and not at all for general opiate effect.

Were you refering to me, Taco?

If so, it was an 80mg dosage. He should have never been on this drug, period. Yes, very high dose for someone with zero tolerance. My father wasn't abusing it. Toxicology and pill count after his death proved that, but I believe the med contributed to his death. He had normal blood pressure prior to oxycontin. After being on it a month, he was prescribed blood pressure meds. Three months after starting oxycontin he was dead. There was no other drugs in his system at toxicology except for nicotine.

If you are refering to me then yes i think he could have made it even without the narcan being given straight sway.

Correct CPR would bave kept blood flow to hjm brain until an ambulance got there (provided hes only just stopped breathing......if he was not t breathing for any lengtg of time then it would be a different story as tbe brain would be starved of oxygen.)

To summarise if you g t to him AS SOON AS TG OD HAPPENS then with cpr and naloxone (or even just cpr) you should be able to keep him alive until help arrives.

I can already tell you by reading this you will think I am a stupid bloke.

And getting some superb your H, and I've been in and out of hospitals as of late, as some of you might remember about my post with the heart condition. Well turns out I broke my ankle as a work-related incident around the same time, so they have been pumping me full of the lauded, morphine, OxyContin, and every other -morphine, –opioid derivative. When I got out I figured my tolerance was pretty high considering I was I being 8 mg of the lauded every four hours, so I said screw it and it each of my shots of been a Maggie each. Basically it goes like this: bettey Crocker my shot, red light, greenlight! Pull it out, rinse with water, cotton on pin the mall, lay the pin down, ahhhh the rush, that's pretty good....I'm tired; out. In my defense, I do sample the bags to make stuff.

Bad habits lately are creeping in left and right. Between my mom getting older and dereariorating more and more, with plenty of unresolved issues between her and I (like every good blue lighter on here), finding out I have an HCM on the left ventricle of my heart, that surprisingly was not caused by drugs go figure, And now getting my ankle hurt at work and broken in several spots having to really relearn walking… It has not been an easy go I had it. Bad company and bad habits seem to pray on that don't they..

Then again my mom could've passed away, I could've lost my foot, and I could have had congestive heart failure already. Maybe I should start counting my blessings

-bark bark

Does blue lips mean NO oxygen is going to the body? OD'd last night they said I had no oxygen for 3 mins I think. I just hope I didn't get damaged from oxygen deprivation...apparently my lips were blue for longer than that and I was nodded out/passed out for 25 mins before being narcaned/oxygen masked.

Just stumbled onto thread

Apologies first off. I am trying to learn navigating this site and to me tis no easy feat. But I digress. When I was wounded and this nightmare started 12 years ago. I was initially put on Duragesic 100 mcg and Dilaudid 8 mg q 6h prn for BT, what relates to your post is 3 months later I got DX'd with HBP. I've never had that especially then I was 43 peak physical condition less than 8% BF. This was right before I was wounded in October '04. So I don't know if this relates at all. But if I can help another person I will, for I feel like there's no hope for achieving any quality of life for myself. I hate even saying those words out loud I don't want pity from anyone. My wife, is so positive thigh, assuring me it's gonna get fixed. I'm tired of the surgeries the drugs don't work right. I am so opioid tolerant it's funny. In extreme pain one day I took a total of 6 800 mcg Fentora I put one in each corner of my mouth initially. They fizzed away a felt a little buzzed but still hurt so f*****g bad like a knife in my back I waited about 45 mins then put 2 in lower right Buccal spot and used my fingers to push on outside of my cheek fizzing. Then boy I did get pickled and finally pain relief. I am not taking these things for a buzz though it is a welcome feeling I'm actually beginning to think to welcome for it also removes the psychological pain and let's me float on my own cloud. I was a crazy teenager and partied at the instant it was possible it was the 70's and i did everything under the sun. Then I got in trouble and offered a choice: go to jail or join the army. That was a no-brainer (I thought) I was wrong, it matched perfectly I stopped with the drugs and spent 33 years trying to protect our county, etc. <put patriotic thoughts here LOL> When , after 7 years I got to 18 series (SF) I was mature I saw and did things that once I would've thought wrong even sickening. I still achieved to go further as far as possible I eventually made it to Tier one the counter terrorism outfits. I did well I was an E7 when I got there SFC (SGT first class) another 5 years and I was an E8 MSG (master SGT/1st SGT). That usually at that time in the 90's took 20-30 years to get to. In 2000 I was promoted to basically as high as you could go as an NCO E-9 SGM (SGT MAJOR) a short 3 and 1/2 years later I couldn't walk anymore so drugged up and still hurting....
Anyway sorry for the digression and I don't usually do that apologies and again if you have any advice please fwd it or post or pm gotta go now before I erase this
Rob

I know this is an older thread but after reading the last few pages i just need to write something. Ive been doing snort for a little while never tried IV now and after reading stories contained within the last 4 pages it seams apparent no less than 95% of Ods reported were directly connected to Iv injection. I know what it's like to be an addict over the last 20 + years weather its weed x coke methadone on and on.I get high. Though i fail to understand how after experiencing on OD or just knowing the inherit possibilty of an over dose how anyone in their right mind would ever inject themselves with H. It just blows my mind.
I mean after reading these stories. One i know 100,000 % i will NEVER NEVER shoot up.And at this point from this moment on i'm even done snorting. I dont care how much i "waste" as i have heard from thers or if i never get as buzzed again as from going nasal.i'm switching to moderatley smoking from time to time from hear out. It certainly seams to be the least desired method of consumption from just about every user ive heard from however if it will even marginally decrease my chances of ending up lying knocked out on the floor turning blue? Then thats the route im destined to go. Thank all for sharing their stories.Bless you all and be safe.

Over doses can happen with oral use and since the onset is not immediate like iv it is more likely to go unnoticed and be discovered when it is too late, which is probably why there are not reports like that... It also happens after a drink and/or benzo with the dose.

IV also is more likely due to fentanyl than ultra pure dope or using after a break without reducing the dose. It happens because people are careless and they continue as they think now they know how to be careful.

There are many reasons to iv... While most aren't the best reasons they are still excuses people use.

No method is safe, don't think it can't happen because of a specific administration route.

Now maybe you could say that the risks are higher for one vs the other, BUT you can't let that make you think something is safe, because it most definitely is anything but....

Fent just makes things worse, I know I've od off snorting about 10 years ago, no idea if it was fent or not, but lots were dying from it then too...

However you Wana look at it, Od is about the amount of drug in system and how your body reacts, how they got there is kinda irrelevant at that point, your still Overdosing