• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Overdose

That's awesome for you. I'm glad u survived. For me they put it straight in my blood. I was in full withdrawal for about 40 Mins. After I woke up and chilled for a little I still felt like I was high. I asked about it and they said it was the narcan. I beg to differ. I know how I feel when I'm high as fuck. Lol

They gave it to me in IV too, that's how they always give it to people who've od'd. It only last a few minutes, that's why you could still feel high. Glad you're ok.

No honest to God it was like 40 minutes. Lol thank u so much. Def a scare. But that is what happens with u fuck with Devils stash

Well if it was just a few minutes it felt like forever...... P. S. Narcan sucks. Haha

My 20 year old son overdosed on heroin last night. He had been off heroin for several months and had just finished up a stint in rehab, but something was funny about him the last few days. We were pretty sure he was taking benzos because of the way he was acting. We searched him when he came home, found a small package of something (it wasn't heroin), and we had a big fight. He almost left home, but instead decided to stick around and went upstairs.

About 15 minutes later is when we heard the noises - gutteral and gasping. I told my wife either the dog was puking or something was wrong with our Icarus. We rushed upstairs to the source of the noise - a locked bathroom door. After 2 calls to him, I broke the door down. We found him in the fetal position, blue lips and face, with a belt around his arm and a needle besides him. I never want to see that image again. Unfortunately, now it is burned into my mind.

My wife called 911, and I started CPR. I had not done CPR in 25 years and never on a live person before . . . and most definitely not on my son. I have seen some scary shit before in my life, but this was the most terrifying, emotional roller coaster imaginable. After about 5-10 mins, his color slowly started to come back, but he still didn't have a pulse. I thought I had lost him; he was going to die right there on the bathroom floor, with my own breath literally being one of his last. The ambulance finally arrived. He still had no pulse and they hooked up the defib. I lay there drenched in sweat and tears as they carted him away It was the most horrifying night of my life (so far).

He is back home today, still nodding off from the huge heroin dose he took, but recovering. I have no idea what is in store for us. We have all been fighting this battle for 2 years, and I thought we lost the war tonight. But we (and he) still live to fight another day.

For anyone reading this addicted to heroin, please know that there is someone out there who loves you. You have worth. Your life matters. Don't throw it away on an overdose. Don't ever give up and say that it doesn't matter what happens to you. It does. You could end up hurting yourself seriously or crushing those that care about you. And people do care about you. They really do.

- Daedalus

Daedalus,
I'm so sorry you had to witness your son in such a horrible situation! Thank god you made it to him in time to administer CPR!! I just lost my fiancé to a heroin OD. He too, had been clean for sometime and his tolerance was much lower than the shot that was administered. Your son probably overestimated his dose thinking he was able to use the same amount he used prior to being in rehab!! Unfortunately, the person my love was with left him to die. Your son is lucky to have you. Keep supporting him and loving him. He IS worth it and other people like him need to know that they are worth it too!! I too am a heroin addict clean 12 years. If it wasn't for my parents support, I too would be dead!! Keep supporting him!! You are an amazing dad!!

aedalus,
I'm so sorry you had to witness your son in such a horrible situation! Thank god you made it to him in time to administer CPR!! I just lost my fiancé to a heroin OD. He too, had been clean for sometime and his tolerance was much lower than the shot that was administered. Your son probably overestimated his dose thinking he was able to use the same amount he used prior to being in rehab!! Unfortunately, the person my love was with left him to die. Your son is lucky to have you. Keep supporting him and loving him. He IS worth it and other people like him need to know that they are worth it too!! I too am a heroin addict clean 12 years. If it wasn't for my parents support, I too would be dead!! Keep supporting him!! You are an amazing dad!!

had my first near OD today (5 year total IVing NJ dope, just had a year+ clean and now relapsed for about 2 months :( )..I got 6 bags total, did 3 of them to start but one of them wouldnt empty all the way out and i was in a rush so it was 2.5 bags and i saved the rest for later....did the 2.5 and was fine....about 1-2 hours later I decided to do the other 3.5 bags thinking I would be ok. I guess since I had just dosed an hour before my concentrations were higher than normal and as soon as i hit that shot i knew it was gonna be bad. I got the pins and needles burning rush that you get with a good shot, but multiplied by 10, and then I could barely stand up, vision was blurry, hearing was muffled, sweating bullets, and massive headache. I had a friend with me thank god bc he kept me from going out all the way but it was def closer than I ever wanted to be.

Had 2 ODs. Due to one of them I was sent unconsciously to the hospital where I was on coma for 2 days. Almost died.

The second one was a little bit like yours. I shoot up at night and my wife found me in the bathroom in the morning. Terrible memories until this date, years + years later.

When I travel, my wife is always nervous despite of the fact I have been living totally normal for almost 8 years.

I just overdosed recently for my first time
Me and a friend had 200 dollars and went to get some dope, but when it came down to it non of her dealers were answering or were holding. She had the number of one dealer who she had never gone through before, so she didn't know the quality of the heroin. It was our only option so we went and bought from this guy.

We started preparing our shots, she went first to test it out. She said it was decent, so I thought I'd prepare a shot with my usual dose... BIG MISTAKE. Within 10 minutes of my shot she went into a gas station to get cigarettes and, according to her, when she got back in the car I was pale, had blue lips, and was unresponsive. She also said I seized out. All I remember is darkness. Felt like I was sleeping although I swear I was dreaming about something because it felt like I was in a whole other universe.

Magically I slowly opened my eyes a bit to see light. I couldn't move and as I laid there, I knew I was dying. I got scared, but I still couldn't move. My friend was screaming "where's the narcan?" "honey wake up!" finally she started driving super fast and repeating "I'm taking you to the hospital now." for some reason this awoke me and I sat up and started flinging shit all over my car to find the narcan. My heart was beating super fast and I could barely see but I managed to find it, somehow fill an intramuscular syringe with narcan, and she stuck me in the thigh with it. I filled up a needle with some narcan an tried hitting my vein but was too fucked to see it was empty. So got some narcan in it and she shot me up with the narcan. I immediately vomited but was fine. I stayed the night at her house in case anything were to go wrong again and I DID NOT do another shot that night. Just slept if off.

Always have someone there when you do drugs, and if you absolutely can't, use a small amount to test the waters. You can always do more, but never less.

Perfect example of proper HR practices! Glad you're ok. Probably should have gone ER anyway, but if only dope was aboard and you had more Narcan around, I can see skipping hospital as reasonable. You've got a very good friend there.

Keep in mind folks, Narcan had a very short half-life, about like fentanyl, so it'll wear off as a big enough OD can swing back up at you after two hours,, maybe less. Dose size varies a lot, so one person's vial may be three doses, and yours only one. Know what you have b/fv you need to use it.

I LOVE to hear these outcomes!

Next time, maybe do your own test shot. Mix the bags good to even out hot spots (unless it was bth). Continue to be safe!

Edit: absolutely no need to hit a vein. Sterile rig, sterile solution IM is just as good. I've always IM'd Narcan doses. Watch clock to two minutes, no response or incomplete give more and get to ER, you may not have enough or there's more involved (benzo, alcohol, who knows...)

Last edited:
Ive had two ods. Both because i IV'd after going thru my own detoxes. The only thing that hurt was waking up after the firemen were beating on my chest. Yes I agree those are interesting questions.

It has almost happened to me twice, fell out kinda hard the second time and roommate called EMTs. I was awake when they got to the house but they insisted on giving me narcan anyway or they'd call the cops.

After experiencing the narcan, jail suddenly seemed more appealing.

Ya, my scary story was of taking a shot standing up at 6 pm on a Friday night. Waking up Saturday night at like 8 pm crumpled on the floor with the rig sticking out of my arm, that would mean that I passed out during the shot, hit the ground, and once I hit the ground I was so gone that I didn't even move in my sleep otherwise the needle surely would have fallen out. When I finally came to I was still quite messed up looking around and thought I had only been out for two hours 6 to 8. Then I saw 42 missed phone calls and I was like wtf? So I realized I had been out for over 24 hours.

I was pretty scared and I know that dope had to be cut I have no idea with what because I would imagine fent wouldn't put me out for that amount of time nor would H right? Some kind of tranq or something it was very scary to just lose 27 hours like that. Wish I could say that stopped me. Stopped me all the way up until I started getting WDs. Then I had to buy again but this time I just bought oxy IR 30s.

1st od

I have been using on and off for 5 years. This time I was hitting the red river and hard. I was chilling for the evening on my regular dose when I decide to shoot some more of this good quality I just got. I tested the stuff at first and it was just alright. I have heard of hot spots in the bag and I think I ran into one! I took a little more than my first shot. I remember telling myself "fuck it, what's the worst that can happen." I had no respect for the game until the last thing I saw was me pulling out the pencil, perfect shot too no bruising or miss. As soon as I let that turnicut loose, it was lights out. I dont remember anything. I gasp for air and wake up 2 hours later missing 2 teeth and my head is severely banged up, I can barely get off the floor. I had passed out and smashed my face on the tub. At this point I am cold and I cannot breathe or move and I am dragging myself through the bathroom to unlock the door. Idk why because all the paraphernalia was still all over, I guess it was an instinctive call for help that my body was making. My girl wakes up and runs in and I say I fainted. I am shaking like a maniac and wheezing. She runs out and I spot the syringe. I pocket that shit right away and nobody ever knows that I even did heroin. I was high for 24 hours straight and I could not sleep because of the concussion. This was gods way of telling me to stop, and that I did.

I OD'd the first time I used h(a very small amount nasally). I knew it was coming because I was struggling to breath and I passed out for a few hours. I remember hearing the people I was with laughing at me as it was happening and they made no effort to try to help me at all.

There is NO WAY a DRUGDEALER called the COPS to HIS HOUSE. And the cops would certainly show up along with the ambulance. Nice try mr. Dopesick but if you're going to make up a story put a little thought into it.

I know this is an old thread but I am desperate for answers. My dad passed away last year due to a drug overdose. My family and friend of my dad DO NOT believe this is was an accidental overdose or a suicide. Here's the story.

My dad and this bitch he was "dating" had broken up multiple times. She was a complete drug addict and had gotten my dad to do heroin a few times. He didn't like needles so whenever they did it, she always shot him up. 3 days before his "overdose", he got a ticket for speeding away from the scene of a possible OD. He was going 62mph on a 40mph road WITH an open can of alcohol. He was also driving on a SUSPENDED licence. He had multiple DUIs on his record. The officer that pulled him over DID NOT arrest him. The just gave him a ticket. Had the officer done his job right, me and my family believe he would still be alive. The day he died he was with that stupid bitch and her "friend". They were all having a few beers and my dad had taken some valium. He texted my mom and said he'd be by in a few hours to come see the kids. was supposed to come see my brothers and sister in a few hours. Well he never showed up. My mom called me at 11:34pm when I was getting ready for bed. I ignored the call thinking I'd just call her tmrw. Well then my friend calls. I ignore her too. When my mom calls me again, I figured it was an emergency so I answered. My dad is dead and he died of an overdose. What I had found out was that they did heroin and he died of an overdose. Autumn, the bitch, was the one who called the cops. When the cops arrived FIVE MINUTES after she called, he was pronounced DOA. When the cops questioned her, she used Autumn Smith, not Autumn Stacy. Smith was her married name. She hadn't been married in years. She told the cops that she used some heroin and went and passed out on the couch leaving my dad with her friend. He told the cops that tony had fallen off the dining room chair and that tried performing CPR on him and then called the cops. When the cops arrived, they gave him a shot to stop the overdose process but it was too late. He was dead at least 10 minutes before the cops got there. There were no drugs, no paraphernalia and all of my dads money (he had just cashed a 500$ check earlier that day) and cards were gone. So what happened to everything? How can they just close a case and say oh well, another junkie? Oh and I forgot to mention this part, my dad had 3 FULL prescription bottles of percocets, klonopins, and vikadins. WITH REFILLS. He had picked them up TWO WEEKS AGO. Now tell me, does that sound like a fucking "junkie" or an "accidental overdose" to you? I want to bring my dad justice because this bitch killed him and got away with it. I need help. Can anyone tell me what to do to get the cops and lawyers to open this case back up? Anyone with ANY information please email me [email protected]

Thank you all so much

I'm very sorry to read this, it breaks my heart as I've lost people very close to me as well.

There's the law, and then there's how it is enforced. You're caught b/w the two. Consult an attorney, in the US a half hour consult should be free. Be aware of statute of limitations for the minor financial crimes and they'd be difficult to prove at this point, perhaps.

Thats what they do. They dont care about people who od. Same thing happened with my brother. All his stuff was cleaned out too, down to his clothing. Long story and i wont get into it but justice was never served and ODs I guess are a dime a dozen these days and the police just dont care. No matter how shady the circumstances are. Its sad. I know my family and I will never know the real story and just have to live with that. So do the two scumbags that he was with. I hope the truth haunts them and tgey never find peace.