Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: most "disturbed/ing" movies

LapDawg said:
Salo anyone?

easily the winner of winners.

Correct again lapdawg :D Actuallly i lump this pasollini opus with Pink Flamingos on the favorite disgusting movies list =D
I actually have the VHS copy.

^^^as if I didn't already think you were twisted...now there is no doubt. ;)

I'd have to agree, Pink Flamingos is the most disgusting movie I've ever seen, although Waters came close with Female Trouble and Desperate Living.

One time in college we rented all three and watched them as a John Waters Film Festival trilogy in our dorm suite. We had invited some females over on the bogus premise that we were hosting an artsy film screening and 3 had shown up...unfortunately, by the time we got halfway through Pink Flamingos they had all left in disgust.

Apparently they just had no sense of humor.

And I wonder why I rarely got laid in college.

I read the review for irreversible, whats so gory about it? Or is the rape scene just too disgusting?

Distortion said:
I read the review for irreversible, whats so gory about it? Or is the rape scene just too disgusting?

not gory, just incredibly violent, in 2 scenes. It has well hidden cgi which makes the rape scene and a scene where this guy gets his face caved in look so very real. Actually, while I watched it, I really had no idea how they did some of what they did.

i agree with most of the suggestions here (at least from the movies i saw)...but i would like to add that "crash" was pretty hard to watch...i guess any of croanenbergs movies should be difficult to watch...

^^^
yes - cronenberg is a master at the uncomfortable and queezy. Simple things like the sound fx in existenz (the squishy sounds of the controls and the sound of the device being plugged into the spine) gives me shivers. But most of his films certainly strive to make you uncomfortable....

Well the rape scene is horribly real in terms of minimal hollywood style exaggeration and its in real time. As for the dude getting his head caved in,put it this way he starts the film wiv a fully functioning head and by the end he is reduced to a man wiv a jawbone

Pounding_Grooves said:

i didn't find ichi to be all that gruesom, but probably the worst i've seen.
Some of the worse i've heard about are:

men behind the sun
the untold story
Ebola Syndrome
and guenia pig

I haven't seen this yet on account they are rare and i can't find somwhere to download them. They are supposivly sicker than cannibal holocaust.

Bloodsucking freaks
Cannibal holocaust I hired this from my local video store when i was about 14?
I spit on your grave This was one of the first horror/ultraviolent films i ever saw,so maybe it's not so disturbing now.
Dawn of the dead Not very disturbing(i actually laugh through alot of this movie),but it's so gory!!

Dammit,theres more!!!I just can't remember at the moment:X

I agree with Pink Flamingos... In my fraternity days, we used to make all the pledges watch it first night of initiation week.. Numerous people puked or nearly passed out... I know I felt a little queasy...

rollmodel36 said:
The Doom Generation warped my fragile little mind. A very fucked up movie.

Weird, weird movie.

Watching it while stoned was a head fuck (I don't smoke ganj very often).