⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: most "disturbed/ing" movies

Japanese Cinema, not just Takashi Miike:

Some films to keep an eye out for if you are into disturbing stuff in the extreme: the "Guinea Pig Series", "All night long" trilogy and the famous "Man behind the Sun" series from the seventies. Anyone that has seen any of these movies let me know or if you have you have heard anything about them i'm interested in finding out more about them. Come on people let me know if there is anyone out there that enjoys this sort of stuff as well. 8(

funny games

is SERIOUSLY disturbing. dont be fooled by the title, for most it is far from being remotley funny, it is however an experience.

[fixed broken link]

Last edited by a moderator:
"28 days later" End of the world type shit

"Thirteen" Makes me worry about my early teen sisters

"The Basketball Diarys" w/ leo dicaprio - I think Requiem for a dream was a cop off of this........I saw this movie when i was 10 or 11 yrs old......It fucked w/ me for a long time esp about doin drugs....

I think none of these have bee named yet

Daimo said:
I just had a look on IMDB - it seems Salo - 120 Days of Sodom - seems to be rated the most disturbing movie that most people have seen... I haven't seen it, but a friend did about 10 years ago... he said the same as all the IMDB comments.... sick & distubing... but they still call it ART....

i know its a late response, but since when can disturbing movies not be art? i thought salo was quite disturbing, but then again, it wasn't written by pasolini. he just turned it into a movie--and yes, i do think it was artistically done well. as far as camera angles and lighting and editing is concerned, it was one of the most well done movies ive seen for its time period.

i am also a fan of solondz and clark. still havent seen gummo though.

takashi mike is dope... ichi the killer is SICKENING. but so good. its like a car wreck, you cant look away. or at least i cant. ha.

little known trivia fact... pasolini was murdered by a male prostitute he was trying to pick up. sad.

House on Haunted Hill distrubed me a little and Texas Chainsaw Massacre was horrible. I love movies that give you nightmares. ;)

Pounding_Grooves said:
funny games

is SERIOUSLY disturbing. dont be fooled by the title, for most it is far from being remotley funny, it is however an experience.

[fixed broken link]
Funny Games is a brilliant film. It's an Italian film I believe. Pounding_grooves I found it extremely amusing film. The woman off the boat, the kid running for safety.8(

Oh and I forgot to mention "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" and "Save the Green Planet"... Both these would fit in nicely with this topic. 8o

I don't think these have been mentioned yet. But any of Neil LaBute's movies.

I didn't think anything was odd having no prior knowledge of it before watching but "The Shape of Things" is quite disturbing in what it has to say about human nature.

Well fuck - all his films do that. I should have known.

Requiem for a Dream...nough said. But have you seen Party Monster??? Godamm creepy to see Maulaky Culkin (sp.?) like that!

xena said:
pink flamingos definitely towards to top of my list of fucked up movies. fucking chickens, shit eating, weird egg habbits... yeah.

one of my favooooritte moooovies! I would so love to bond with JOn waters im sure we would have lots of stuff in common :) 8)

I haven't even seen any of these, but I heard these were disturbing

Salo
Cannibal Holocaust
Pink Flamingos
Baraka (a part with chickens)
Guinea Pig
Traces of Death
Faces of Death
Bumfights
Caligula
Irreversible
Kids
Bully
Gummo
I Stand Alone
GG Allin videos
Steve-O videos The Career Ender
Cannibal Ferox
Emanuelle In America
Jungle Holocaust

There is no doubt about it. the most Desturbing movie out there is IRREVERSIBLE. Check it out, if you can find it. running a distant second is VULGAR.

im amazed that nobody has mentioned swimming with sharks yet, yes i know its satire, but there is something about this movie that goes past that, a lot of people who work in the film industry feel it hits too close to home. and it is genuinly very disturbing when you look past its surface.