Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy Salvia Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz_hmmmm said:
DXM, Ketamine and PCP are all kappa opioid antagonists.:)

May I ask where you read this? Can you post any information about this, I have never read anything that suggests DXM or Ketamine are Kappa antagonists (not sure about PCP).

AlphaOdure said:
I heard somewhere, and now i can't find the god damn link, that the kappa opioid system was shown to be active during near death experiences.

Anyone have any links for this or info? I'll post if i find anything, interesting hm?

that'll be my therie of what happens when you die proven then.

Piper methysticum said:
I separate hallucinogens in these basic catagories and sub-catagories. To me, psychedelics are drugs that induce kaleidoscopic visuals, though the term actually means "mind manifesting." This could put many things into this catagory, but in order for me to organize things into my own mind and describe them to others, I use the term psychedelic as I have described.

True psychedelics:

-Phenethylamines:
Mescaline
2C-i
2C-E
2C-B
etc...

-Ergot type alkaloids
LSD-25
ALD-52
LSA compounds
etc...

-Tryptamines (some have little psychedelic effect)
Psilocybin/Psilocin
DMT
5-MeO-DMT
etc...

Psychedelic Amphetamines:
MDMA
MDA
MDE
etc...

Dissociatives:
DXM
Ketamine
PCP
etc...

There are more catagories that I could venture but my point is that Salvia does not seem to fit into any of those catagories, nor is it a compound similar to any other known hallucinogen.

what about weed? that's certainly a psychedelic. but is it similar to any other known hallucinogen?

what about weed? that's certainly a psychedelic. but is it similar to any other known hallucinogen?

No, weed is a pretty much unique drug. It has properties of many different 'classes.'

These include depressant effects, stimulant effects, and psychedelic effects.

It's pretty much in a lonely class of its own. :(;)

The word psychedelic, as it actually means, would include Salvia, Ketamine, DXM, and any other "mind" drug. However, I have my own dictionary when it comes to "true" psychedelics. I do not believe that Salvia is a true psychedelic. This is because I believe that the true psychedelics are the drugs that provide kaleidoscopic visuals. Salvia is a powerful drug, and definitely has given me more powerful experiences than any true psychedelic drug that I've taken as of yet, but I just think it is different from the others. True psychedelics, to me, are Cannabis, Psilocybin/Psilocin, LSD, LSA, Mescaline, 2C-Xs, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and other Tryptamines and Phenethylamines.

As for Cannabis being a "multi-class" drug, it does seem to do so. However, so do the stronger psychedelics. They can also be stimulants and depressants. Cannabis is a truely unique drug though. Above, I didn't mean that just because Salvia was in a class by itself, that I didn't consider it a true psychedelic. I have definitely discovered that Cannabis is a true psychedelic quite a while ago. I just have my own definition for the term "psychedelic."

Last edited:
Piper methysticum said:
I do not believe that Salvia is a true psychedelic. This is because I believe that the true psychedelics are the drugs that provide kaleidoscopic visuals.

Are you serious?

Piper methysticum said:
I separate hallucinogens in these basic catagories and sub-catagories. To me, psychedelics are drugs that induce kaleidoscopic visuals, though the term actually means "mind manifesting." This could put many things into this catagory, but in order for me to organize things into my own mind and describe them to others, I use the term psychedelic as I have described.

True psychedelics:

-Phenethylamines:
Mescaline
2C-i
2C-E
2C-B
etc...

-Ergot type alkaloids
LSD-25
ALD-52
LSA compounds
etc...

-Tryptamines (some have little psychedelic effect)
Psilocybin/Psilocin
DMT
5-MeO-DMT
etc...

Psychedelic Amphetamines:
MDMA
MDA
MDE
etc...

Dissociatives:
DXM
Ketamine
PCP
etc...

There are more catagories that I could venture but my point is that Salvia does not seem to fit into any of those catagories, nor is it a compound similar to any other known hallucinogen.

hahaha...

sorry, kava kava...but I don't think you've hit 5th level with miss pastora.

and MDMA and the other methoxylated amps don't really belong in the same category.

and I wouldn't call dissociatives psychedelics either.

try smoking some 10X (I just got some :) ) , and hit it hard. then tell me you don't see thing that aren't really there. (not to mention the insight that follows)

there aren't many drugs I know of that having a "sitter" is really recommended/necessary.

DMT and salvia are a couple.

quote: DXM, Ketamine and PCP are all kappa opioid antagonists.

Dissociatiives act primarily by NMDA receptor blockade.

Update: Ketamine is active at the mu opioid receptor, where it can act as either an agonist or an antagonist. I can't see any mention of k opioid activity though.....

Last edited:
Piper methysticum said:
I do not believe that Salvia is a true psychedelic. This is because I believe that the true psychedelics are the drugs that provide kaleidoscopic visuals.

Salvia as wel as Dxm have both given me kaleidoscopic visuals.

The thing with salvia is you gotta give it time.
You gotta make sure youre using a hot flame too..
It's a drug that seems to give you a reduced tolerance the more you use it.
I remember when I first had it I would smoke about 6 cones in a row. You really gotta hold that foul tasting smoke in as long as you can. And then it was just 'ok'.
But then later on, it really started working for me. I would be sitting down and smoke 1 cone, while holding it I would pack the next one as fast as I could. By the time I smoked the 2nd I am barely able to sit up, and unable to even pick up the bong again:)
Salvia definately takes you on an intense journey. I loved to just lie out on the grass at night in summer and look up at the sky. The world completely transforms into something else.
I also manage to retain quite a good memory of the experiences too which I can't do with other things so well. I still don't know exactly what those green and yellow alphabet triangle men from the sky were trying to tell me, but I sure did like them:)
Salvia always made my sense of touch really trip out too. Especially my mouth and tounge, it's unique:)

They made it illegal in Australia last year so haven't had any in a while. I gotta get me some more:)

salvia for me was a drug like no other. i liked the intense effects and how long they lasted.

but i would rather get my hands on some real opium

I loved to just lie out on the grass at night in summer and look up at the sky.
Hell yea! I think that is the best thing anyone can do on salvia. Oh the memory that triggered, wow.

I definately think salvia is a true psychedelic. I can get some ego loss, strange visuals, etc.

If I had to put salvia in a class I would put it in the dissociative class without hesitation. I think dissociatives are psychedelic (ketamine and N2O at least). Its that feeling of spacing out I get on salvia and a similar feeling to K (am I the only one that thinks this?) that makes me think this. I am not saying K and salvia feel alike, I mean there is something similar that I can't really put my finger on.

Anyone that doesn't think salvia is psychedelic hasn't done enough or hasn't done it properly.

^
Fully agree with that paragraphed comment. Dont know how to detail it into words either.

And yeah it def. is. Like I said before, Salvia has put some of my strongest shroom trips to shame. I have literally 'freaked' out interally... haha

Blowmonkey said:
okay, according to your findings maybe not, but i'm saying salvinorin a is a psychedelic, or actually, to be more specific, it causes psychotomimetic effects. salvinorin a is a potent kappa opioid receptor agonist, thus, acting on the kappa opiod receptor causing "strange" psychoactive effects, considerd as psychedelic. it does not act on the 5-ht-2a receptors as most psychedelics you described above but a whole different receptor, this does not mean it isn't psychedelic. [/B]

No matter how you put it, Salvia Divinorum is a true psychedelic, just like mescaline, mushrooms, DMT, LSA, LSD etc.
Salvia changed my life, it made my body dissolve, a true experience of ecstasy (my report is on his way).

I'd hate to see what some of you would say if I told you I have had psychedelic experiences on alcohol.

Woops...

Anything that can induce so much fear in me, and convince me I had gone completely insane at the time counts as a psychedelic in my book...

Actually, I have had three break through experiences with Salvia, and many lighter ones. I have never used anything but the 10x extracts. Salvia just doesn't remind me of the other psychedelics I have used. It is very intriguing and insightful, and it also creates stronger hallucinations than anything I have ever experienced, but it is of a completely different nature than anything I have ever tried. I was never trying to say that my opinion was "right" and that is the way things are. I just have things organized in my head the way I believe they are. Phenethylamines/Tryptamines/Ergoline alkaloids/Cannabis belong to my "true" psychedelic list, DXM/Ketamine/PCP belong to my dissociative list, MDMA, MDA, etc, belong to my psychedelic Amphetamine list, and Salvia is sort of by itself. I separate them by the experience they produce.

For anyone that doesn't believe I have had a "break through" experience with Salvia, here is something I wrote after my first one:

Somewhere I lost myself,
Traveling a land of pristine beauty.
The sky was shades of purple and blue.
Fantasy took over me.
My body melted apart into a mist.
I was as an airborne cell,
Exploring a land of crystal water.
Whales leaped from the purity,
Into the vast environment of alieness.
Had I entered the heavenly realms?
Was I seeking the Goddess of time?
Rain fell in drops and crystallized,
And they shattered against the smooth surface.
What is this land?
All I felt were tears of peacefulness.
The clearness of crystal remains,
Broken apart into an endless space.
I found myself traveling fast,
Over mountains of rock.
A lifeless environment was torn from me,
As everything turned to green.
Life as on earth grew from the ground.
People formed,
Within seconds their lives past,
And they shriveled with age.
I suddenly had a godly understanding of life.
Something my mind could never grasp.
It seemed as if someone was leading me.
Showing me things of the unknown.
Soon I was to return and my reality
would reveal itself.
Then I will be left wondering,
Until the next time I enter my ecstasy.

both times i did salvia were so incredibly different.

(both times were 15X extract.)

the first time, it was like a mushroom trip, only condensed entirely into about a half hour. i had tracers, kaleidoscope visuals, an intense mushroom-like mind fuck, and even a peak and come down.

the second time, however, reminded me more of 5-MeO-DMT than mushrooms.
i was thrown into an intense flurry of chaos, my mind not able to distinguish what around me was real. i forgot who my friends were, where i was, and, due to the spins it gave me from the head-rush, i somehow managed to convince myself that each plane of existence was the affect of a different drug. i likened it to frames on a movie reel, each frame being a different dimension, a different drug's affect on you. then, i looked over and saw two strangers walking by. i said "trip" to them, not able to get anything else.
i thought they were omnipotent gods sent from heaven to free me from where i was trapped, between the frame of sobriety and that of salvia.

needless to say, these were both very unique but eye-opening experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.