View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy Salvia Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought 15 grams of salvia and i tried it by my self in a dark room , with thiever corporation playing as a back ground after the 20x buff while i was holding it i started to feel the music going through my body and playing with my mind like if ur body turns into a big old wave then it started to play with my head in a very psychedelic way , actually i have made a few decisions about my future that day , and what i didnt like about it , i felt depressed for the next two days , i had a few acid trips before ( 100 + acid member ) and i never had 1 single bad trip with acid but with salvia it was more deep less visuals almsot none , but more ummmm i dont know how to describe it's like something that put you to the bottom of reality
and self awareness , i dont think that i am going to repeat it again any time soon
hope my exp could help you with ur research .
acidz :)

I've done salvia twice, both times it was 5x extract smoked out of a dry bong, the first time I believe it was 1/15 g leaves, the second time was 1/10 g.
The first time I did not get a breakthrough, just a feeling that lasted about 30 seconds. I was laying on a bed but it felt like I was laying on a wooden picnic table and getting sucked down through the cracks. Then I got the impression that I was being swept up in a bag of dry leaves or something, swinging back and forth on some journey to an unknown destination...but all dark, no visuals at all, and it went away after a few seconds. Salvia users tend to scale things as follows:
S --slight to no effect
A --altered perceptions (maybe closed eye visuals, but mostly just weird impressions of things)
L --light visionary (CEVs, definite altered perceptions and hallucinations)
V --Visionary (CEVs, OEVs, complex hallucinations)
I --intense visionary experience (i.e., visiting another planet)
A --amnesia, don't remember shit
This first trip I ranked as an S-A.
The second time was more intense and took effect almost immediately after I took my second and final hit (I was already tripping by the time I changed from a sitting to a lying position). Someone in the room made some comment (don't remember what he said), but the words started to echo as the trip started, like a broken record almost (ever been caught in a loop? You know what I mean), and the room started to spin in a jerky sort of manner, like a washing machine almost, back and forth, in exactly the same rhythm as the sound echoing. Synsethesia started right in...the sound echo *became* part of the room.
By the time my head hit the pillow, my body and everything around it felt like it was being flattened, folded at a right angle, and then flattened again. My body got flattened into the bed, folded into a right angle, and then flattened into the wall, which got folded and flattened into a copy of Van Gogh's "Starry Night" on the wall. It kept folding and flattening until I found myself somewhere else--the only way I could describe it as a dimension that exists at a right angle to ours.
I wasn't human anymore; I was a tile floor. At least my body was. For some reason during this entire trip my head stayed round and not flattened or folded into anything. Go figure. But anyway, I was a white tile floor in a grocery store--it was a grocery store near my house that my mother used to take me to when I was very little.
I was nervous at first--my first acid trip was a bad one and I've always been super-alert since then for possible weirdities that could spin me into another one. But then things started to make sense, and I started to speak...jerkily, because everything was still moving at that annoying broken-record pace:
"Oh--I--see--everything--is--connected--to--everything--else...that's--all, really--there's--nothing--else--here...it's--not--bad, just--strange..."
...or something like that. That was when I felt the presence...lady Salvia, I'm sure of it, although she wasn't nearly the entity I expected she would be. I still don't remember if I ever saw her face, whether she was someone in the store I was the tile floor for, or if she was just in my head...but I got the impression that there was a female presence near me. She felt distinctly like someone who might have been a friend of my mother's when I was about six years old, some figure of authority who I didn't really know but may have babysat me a few times...not unpleasant, just not particularly familiar either. I also am not certain, but I believe she was the presence that set my fears at ease, because she seemed to be smiling as I began my journey back to the real world (tm), folding and flattening in reverse until I was back on the bed again. The entire experience lasted about 5 minutes.
I ranked it later as a V--I'm told that my eyes were open the entire time, so they must have been open-eye visuals, but like some others I didn't get any spiritual benefit out of the trip (and this coming from someone who gets religious experiences off of a gram of shrooms every time). The whole thing just seemed absurd, weird, and just a little boring and devoid of real meaning. Yeah, I guess some people would be pretty excited about being turned into a tile floor, but it wasn't all that great, trust me. Turned me off of salvia for the time being. I'll try it again one day, of course, but the message I seemed to receive from the grocery-store-floor episode just seemed to be lady Salvia telling me that although I didn't do anything wrong, that I didn't need to be delving into this drug just yet.

yeah don't go there it's just boring and waste of time and money ! , i reckon shrooms or LSD are much better than this crap ,

Originally posted by acidz:
it started to play with my head in a very psychedelic way , actually i have made a few decisions about my future that day , and what i didnt like about it...i had a few acid trips before ( 100 + acid member )...but with salvia it was more deep
yeah don't go there it's just boring and waste of time and money ! , i reckon shrooms or LSD are much better than this crap ,
Now that is kinda inconsistant. How could valuable insights be a waste of time?

Sorry, you may not advertise here.
[ 26 January 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

When will this bullshit about the SALVIA GODDESS! and "prepare to enter her presence!" bullshit STOP? I swear its just story thats being perpetuated by the internet and trippers reading other trippers post that have been reading about the oaxacans and what they saw, so now its like a done deal " oh im tripping on salvia here comes the lady!" BELIEF AFFECTS BEHAVIOUR. unfotunately alot of your minds have been tainted by this bullshit so my advice to the untripped would be salviate : go in with no expectation, NONE.

You could have just deleted the 'advertising portion' and left the rest of the post. That was a rather long post that took me at least an hour to write. Just a thought.....

Ok well I was under the assumption that you work for the company. Your entire post seemed like the same testimonial adds you see for the product you described in newsgroups and such. To me, you were trying to sucker people in to buying your Salvia divinorum product. Personally I find the practice disgusting. I have no objection to people marketing the herb or an extracted form, but when you go and commercialize it, market it in colorful packages, and plaster testimonials praising the trip as "a legal mushroom-like substance" with the intention of making a profit that I develop my objection to it. If I am wrong about you I am sorry but I do not think I am.

Salvia Disassociative?

Is Salvia purely classed as a psychadelic? Or can it be a disassociative...which I understand is when your mind and body seperate..ie your brain is disassociated from your body?
The reason I ask is that I read this description of being in a k-hole on another site just now, and I know that Ketamine is a disassociative..
"I experienced my first hole on Sunday...
The only way to describe it, is that I couldn't remember there being anything but what was happening at that point. The universe was just the room I was sitting in, and the people in the room were all one entity (including myself). An everytime I thought I figured it out, it flipped and changed again, leaving me very bewildered. And the room kept flipping and twisting at impossible angles and shapes.
Most strange.."
Now to me that would be the simplest way of describing the effects Salvia has on me, but this bloke is talking about ket.
And when I have been f*cked on Salvia I must admit that I lose all understanding of what my body is, that I am anything but what I am thinking, and also that there never was anything before except the state that I am in.
Like the body thing.....when I did Salvia at the weekend I was sort of sitting / lying on my bed with my legs straight out in front of me and when the effects were coming on I forgot that they were my legs. I could see them but I didn't know what they were..I thought they were some kind of tunnell and if I got to the end of them I would find out where I really was.
Or is this just completely different and if I ever did ket then I would know what a bloody disassociative was and I would not be asking the question about Salvia?

I happen to agree salvia can be pretty dissociative..
I think Salvia is a very interesting drug.. which likes to mimic a lot of other drugs.

I think salvia is more in a class of its own. To compare it to another substance is unfair to the wise sage goddess. It definitely transports you to another world, and it dissassociates you from reality. But I don't know about it being classed as a dissassociative.

My wierdest Salvia trip involved me morphing into a chair but having no recollection of having done any drugs or of ever being a human. As far as I was concerned at the time I'd always been a chair.......I'd say that's pretty disassociative.
Craig

I feel that Salvia would be accurately classified as a dissociative. The effects are something like that of a cross between ether and ketamine.
I have absolutely no idea who thought of calling it a "psychedelic", but I was unpleasantly suprised the first time I used it and experienced more of a k-hole than a trip.

I concur wholeheartedly. Salvia is nothing like any other psychedelic. Granted, it's not exactly like the other dissociatives, but it's a lot more like them than it's like psychedelics. But PARADIGM is right; it's not enough like the others to be classed with any other drug. Since it's condemned to a misnomer, we might as well opt for the status quo and call it a psychedelic.

^^^
Yeah, I guess may as well.
I was thinking it was cool to have a disassociative found in nature. From trip reports (mind you I've never done it) it seems like people almost experience like a cross disassociative/deleriant effect with combined psychedlia. Sort of explains why it is a "world shattering" drug.

^^^ I do when everything starts to click back into place when I start to remember reality and the fact that my universe is not purely made of salvia induced visions I get very excited sort of like I have rediscovered reality as if I had been away for many years and reality is just a distant memory that I am pleased to return to.

posted by base 615- " My wierdest Salvia trip involved me morphing into a chair but having no recollection of having done any drugs or of ever being a human. As far as I was concerned at the time I'd always been a chair......."
Ah, that really is some funny shit. I've only experimented once with salvia, had a small amount, and by the time I put the bong back down, I was staring at my hand wandering what it was. when my gf asked if i was ok, I sat there wandering who she was and who she was talking to. That wore off about 30 seconds later, and left me with a paranoid confused headbuzz similar to DXM. It scared me quite a bit, I ended up hiding under the covers away from the bright lights, dissassociatives aren't really my thing(except for nitrous, that baby is AMAZING!!!). Am keen to experiment with sally when I'm in a nice happy mood, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.