View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy Salvia Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Also, we mods just wait til the bickering stops and then edit it out later!

Welcome, divinorum!

one quick Q: Do I need to use a butane lighter, or will a regular lighter work (I've heard mixed reactions on this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal lighters are fine. Water cooling pipes aren't necessary either if you are used to smoking pot.

I'm sure you guys have heard of Daniel Siebert. He was the first person to isolate and verify the active chemical in salvia, Salvinorin-A. [Source discussion removed]

[Sorry divinorum; we're not allowed to talk about sources here, even for legal substances. Since you're new, it's no big deal, but keep that in mind ;)]

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

It's just the rules of Bluelight and the PD forum. I didn't make 'em, I just enforce 'em. Basically, it's because this is a site dedicated to information and harm reduction, not sourcing.

I've done about every freaking psychedelic i can think of alone and combined and NOTHING prepared me for when i finally smoked Salvia the RIGHT way. It took me about a year before i finally smoked and got the 'desired' effect if you call it 'desired'.

Basically it hit me so fast i couldn't even prepare myself to 'trip' if thats what you want to call it. I say its more like being instantly raped of your mind, existence, family, friends, emotions, etc. I wasn't sure if i was alive, dead, or even actually ever existed at all. I had convinced myself that everything in my life up to that point was just an act and the salvia was making me move on to the next. This was all so real it was ridiculous, the room was no longer there.

The vertigo is hard to explain, it was like i was being pulled really hard downwards and to the right at an angle. Hard to explain but it was like i had to hold on to the ground or something to keep my self from being sucked into oblivion. It all came on so fast and ended so fast yet it felt like an eternity. I was never so happy to come back to earth in my life. My mind had a hard time even putting back together what happened to me.

A great experience? Yeah i wouldn't take it back for anything because it was the only time i've really experienced true FEAR of reality not existing, & my life being a simple illusion. Would i do it again? Not a chance. I still got some sitting around thats gonna continue that way until someone wants it. The sweating & skin crawling feeling come out of that experience was so uncomfortable i wouldn't wan tto go through that again either.

All i say is PLEASE respect salvia, it's not a recreational drug in ANY since. Anyone who's hit that break through point on salvia will surely agree with me. Sadly this drug will NOT remain in headshops around the US for much longer. There's just too much room for any person wanting to "See Colors" to do something very very stupid on the drug since your pretty much 'not there' when under the influence of it. My brother who was my sitter that day said i just had a deer in the headlights look on my face and responded to absolutely nothing but i was mumbling crap he coudln't understand. I didn't even kinow he was still there... ... ...

With that all said have fun and be safe. USE A SITTER. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work right away, it takes practice to smoke it right. Also if you gotta say "Well i think it worked" afterwards, then it didn't. You'll know when it works.

Don't just smoke a small dose all you'll get is the nasty effects like the edgy, sweaty, skin crawling sensation for 10 min. or so and it's done & you'll write the drug off. Thats exactly what i did the first few experiences. I found 'my' personal sweet spot to be in the 200mg range with 10x extract. Load up the bong, get a good sitter, & enjoy. Light it as long as you can, the more heat the better. Hold the toke in as long as possible and you won't even remember exhaling. A Bong is a must. Make sure nothing breakable is around and you have a comfy place to sit or lay. Tell your sitter not to let you run around like a fool, you will hurt yourself as you really don't realise what you are doing.

I just say have fun its an experience, just not a recreational one. I had written salvia off as 'not strong' enough. 'legal high' as usual. Then that one day good Ol' Sally bitch slapped me and i learned my lesson. You don't do salvia, salvia does you. I've never had an experience like this even on high dose LSD trips mixed with MDMA and Ketamine. Closest thing to it is smoked DMT, yet DMT didn't frighten me. Just be happy the true duration is short although it feels like its so long.

Report back and let us know how it goes. Be safe, be educated.

:p salvia sucked for me and my buddies. 10x i think it was. i fell through the concrete into a doll house, anbd then got real hot so i took my clothes off. it just made me mad and anxious.

i don't understand how anyone could possibly get up and run around like a fool while tripping salvia. I find hard to even move. The last time I tripped this entity in my head was telling me to lay down in between these logs (I was in the woods), and i definately couldnt.
Like dankaholic said, find somewhere that you can just sit and be comfortable. You'll want to be away from anyone who is not cool with drugs. The first time i tripped i was an idiot... i did it in my dorm room. it was just me and my roomate in there, but if anyone had walked in, they would've known instantly that i was not in this world. as i was coming up i explained to my roomate in this real giggly voice about how everything was yellow and i didnt know he was and there were dancing flowers. Thats not something a square would find too much amusement in.

I think I'm becoming somewhat dependant on salvia. Today I was reading a book for class on Falun Gong, a qiqong cultivation practice in China, and Master Li was talking about alternate universes and whatnot, and I couldnt help but think about how I've seen so much on salvia, and I'd rather be in that world than this one.

also, personally, 40X or bust.

Here is my experience on Salvia
I picked some 7x up from a vender at a dance party i went to with my friend and a girl(A) id been seeing for 2 weeks. A and I went to my parents house (i was home for the summer from college) and i packed a fat bong bowl of it in my room in the upstairs of the house. I hit it and burned the whole bowl-held it in til i felt like i was going to explode-and here is where the tale divides

from my perspective:
I suddenly became someone else. i had all that person's memories and values and everything. it was as if i had lived 20 something years as this other person in an alternate world. i was standing in the street of my (his) suburban neighborhood and 3 of my (his) friends were with us. I knew these people like longtime buddies, remembered times i spent with them, how i met them, etc, although in my real life i'd never seen them or anyone who looked like them. Then suddenly the friend who was farthest away from me was pulled through a vortex swirl thing which i immediately understood as going back to reality. i happened to the other friends in a row and then to me. i felt as if the gravity of jupiter was pulling on my body from every direction. suddenly i was on the floor of my bedroom, my vision was foggy and i was disoriented. i grabbed As legs whimpering pulling ,yself back to conciousness. I felt funky for 1 - 1/2 hours afterward.

From A's perspective:
I hit the bong, dropped the bong on the bed (spilling it), fell to the floor and started writhing around screaming at the top of my lungs, "What the fuck is happening to me?!?" I was unresponsive for a couple minutes and then grabbed her legs like a mountain climber holding on for dear life.

The experience scared the everliving shit out of me. I honestly did not enjoy it at all, and i felt awful afterwards. As days went on after the experience, i began to remember and piece together what happened. I am still intrigued to see what salvia could do now that i know how serious it is. I have plenty of experience with the traditional psychedelics but salvia threw me for a loop. I wasnt just put in someone else's body, i WAS them. I had all their memories and everything. It blew my mind, but humbled the shit out of me.

Needless to say, A and I's little relation-whatever didn't last must longer after that...haha oh well

There must be something wrong with me, because I broke through the first time I smoked, and almost enjoyed it. 2nd time I did it, I was completely gone. Literally out of my body, mind, this world... I told myself that day and a day after that that I would never do it again, but the next weekend I did it again with the same people. I stopped doing after my 3rd time, but I would do it again in a second. Even after being ripped from this universe and bitch slapped by the hand of Lady Salvia. call me crazy...

It matters to me because it's really annoying being that hot while you're that high.

yummy22 said:
It matters to me because it's really annoying being that hot while you're that high.

fair enough. is it hot where you live? maybe find a colder environment (a basement or something)

i smoked in friends dorm room yesterday and it was really hot in there, but it wasnt uncomfortable when i was tripping.

nuke said:
After the initial 15 minute warp I tend to feel very stoned for the next hour, in a more pleasant way than marijuana.

yeah... last time I smoked it I felt stoned, but without the lethargy and tiredness. Also, I felt as if I had figured everything out, or it had been shown to me. Very pleasant indeed. Then we smoked a bunch of weed and felt like going to sleep 8)

yeah, its def a very comfortable feeling after you come back from salvialand. everything is perfect. it's probably cuz you realize that you just had someone take a big shit on your brain and now you are back to what you are used to and feel safe again.

i always ramble when i come back. just talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.

divinorum said:
i always ramble when i come back. just talk and talk and talk and talk and talk.

Yeah... I'm usually pretty reserved, but after I come down I feel very social and generally in a perfect mood. Better make this stuff illegal! 8(

"i don't understand how anyone could possibly get up and run around like a fool while tripping salvia"

me neither but thats what everyone (including my dumbass self) did after we smoked it. running around was probly the most fun thing in the entire world at the time! & noone could stop laughing. weird drug man.. weirrrddd drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.