European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching on? V. Fray Bentos Injury Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time ive made a bit of effort for my evening meal for ages. Bacon and brocoli fried in garlic oil doesnt half transform Batchelors Pasta n Sauce.

Had a go at recreating that sort of thing from scratch for lunch today:

I used some half-fat Philadelphia but I think a little actual cheese would be good in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
cabb.gif

I'm eating a cream cracker 'sandwich'. Cream cheese on one side & peanut butter on the other.

Delish Snack :D

Just gone for a ronald's.

Still got loads of clams that need eating so I'm just going to have a big bowl of them with some jerk spice thrown in later.

Doner meat and chips (but proper doner - layered breast of lamb, as opposed to the minced stuff. I'm quite particular about my artery clogging delicacies)

Went out for a nice carvery for dinner earlier. Super noodle sandwiches coming up for tea!

I just made a massive stirfry with quorn chicken, spicy rice noodles, a tonne of veg and a soy and ginger sauce <3

That looks like a good effort Chatative. If i was going to make such a meal from scratch I'd definately make a flour/marge/milk/cheese sauce thingy rather than using philadeplhia. Bacon and mushrooms with garlic pasta and cheese sauce is one of my favourite meals but it needs at least 3 pans, and takes a whole lot more effort and washing up than i am usually prepared to deal with. Having said that i could really go for that meal right now, but alas i dont have any bacon or mushrooms. 8)

You can take a bit of a shortcut and just add the pasta to the bacon and mushrooms and garlic and then mix a couple of eggs into it for the sauce. That works OK sort of, but isnt half as good as a proper home made cheese sauce.

That green chicken curry. The chicken was only moderately green but I suspect that may have been marinade. Either that or I'm going to be very ill indeed soon. Tasty are those "ingredients inna box" things. Had it with coconut rice and a somewhat undercooked naan.

Talking of carveries, more often than not I go to my folks house for a Sunday Roast but they are away this weekend, so I decided have something along those lines:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah.

The Thighs & Drumsticks are very succulent... more so than with a whole bird, so didn't bother. There wasn't enough juices from them to make a gravy anyway & I didn't want to make one from stock cubes.

Nah.

The Thighs & Drumsticks are very succulent... more so than with a whole bird, so didn't bother. There wasn't enough juices from them to make a gravy anyway & I didn't want to make one from stock cubes.

What? no gravy, thats criminal. are you southern?

Status
Not open for further replies.