Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD What Are You Munching on? V. Fray Bentos Injury Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Continued from here

I haven't had a FB pie for years but you usually get a bit of your own blood with those don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
An M&S Milk, Dark and White chocolate selection box. Starting to feel a bit nauseous; some diphenhydramine should help me get through layer 2 :)

Sounds good Shambles. Loads better than my Fray Bentos car crash anyhow.

Was good and got enough for the next couple days or so easy. I must admit I am very partial to a Fray Bentos pie now and then though :eek:

I know what you mean about the lids (they really need to sort those out) but the actual pie ain't bad. As far as shop-bought pies go anyway. A long way from being the worst... but they are damnably tricky (not to mentioned downright dangerous 8o) to get into :!

My tin opener is shite too so I tend to have to open 'em in stages which makes edge even jaggier. Last one I had definitely came with red sauce as a result. Still buy 'em sometimes cos I do quite like 'em. Only when they're on offer though. Have noticed there seems to be a lotta new types of pie around the shops here. Couple I have my eye on being a bit of a piefan. Pricey though :!

An M&S Milk, Dark and White chocolate selection box. Starting to feel a bit nauseous; some diphenhydramine should help me get through layer 2 :)

Haha :D

Never had any Fray Bentos pies but do have several scars and non-feely bits on the tips of my fingers from run ins with jagged tin lids/beer cans. Urghh. Eating nowt, had debate over what sort of eggs I wanted and decided on nothing because effort.

^ lol

My ancient neighbour buys Fray Bentos pies when they're on offer over the shop and then has to do a ring around of neighbours for someone to go round and open it for her. I think we've all shed blood over Nancys love of a fray Bentos

Just noticed the new thread subtitle. Thanks ladies and gentlemen, I'm honoured.

With Fray Bentos, it's like the entire pie-making budget went on the pastry, cos that is delicious. The filling is average at best, but the membrane of gloop that separates the pastry from the filling is fucking horrible.

are you on about the FB pies with the puff pastry that rises, or the pudding pies with the soft pastry ? With the flatter puff pastry ones theres no way of getting the pie out without scalding yourself or shoving a towel or oven glove into the pie but they are very good value for £1 and go great with oven fries and peas. I halve the pie after its cooked and eat one half one night and microwave the other half the next, it makes 2 satisfying evening meals at 50p a go.

Fray Bentos ftw !!

Ooh I want one of them pudding-y ones now. Got jam doughnuts as it is.

What kind of fucking name is Fray Bentos anyway.

edit:

Fray Bentos, the capital of the Río Negro Department of western Uruguay, is a port on the Uruguay River.

Well I never knew that. That would make a good pub quiz question.

For completeness I should report I did in fact puke up the top layer of chocolates :| I didn't try and get layer 2 down me. I hate the chocolate sickness, and I hate the fact I love chocolates :!

Went out for lunch today - was supposed to be something light. Ended up at a going for a Chinese meal, ate way too much and now feeling so stuffed :D

Me and the other half were lured by the promised delights of the £! on offer at Asda (other Supermarkets are available :\) new 'Boozy' Fray Bentos pie tuther week.

All I can say is don't do it kids!

Utterly vile-both felt sick for several hours later despite "proper" cooking and proper realeasement? of said pie from it's nuclear power explosion safety case. 19p Lidl noodles are a far superior and far friendlier food substitute than this and are certainly I feel the way forward! ;)

Last edited:
Warning well heeded! I was just about to book it down to Asda to get one the second I read 'boozy'.

I've got a Saino's steak pie on the go, having just experienced the elation of 'What do you want for dinner tonight? I fancy a takeaway' and then, not even a minute later, the misery of 'I can't find the menu for the specific takeaway I want to go to online so you can have those pies you bought and I'll have a sandwich' :|

It's even worse because the takeaway in question is literally round the corner, but it's not my money and she's in a bad mood so PIE, Y'ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.