• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

My most recent psychedelic "aha" moment was more of a change in self perception than an insight into the world as a whole. I was on an allylescaline fueled hike that got surprisingly introspective for that particular substance. Basically, instead of simply intellectualizing that I was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and not a victim. I didn't let it define me or destroy me. I SURVIVED. If you've ever been through something similar, you'll understand that massive chasm between cognition of something and actually believing it on a gut level. Years of psychotherapy couldn't accomplish what a single, relatively low dose (32mg) allylescaline trip did in minutes.

I had a deep experience of emotional healing on a hike on 20mg of allylescaline. It was about a strange relation I had with someone that left me with trauma. Suddenly, I had a lot of empathy and love for that person, totally understanding how that person got into the relation with me with her own deep trauma. Before that night, I never accepted that I was damaged by that relation, I went into 2 years of heavy drug use and workholidsm instead of accepting and healing the trauma.
I remember from that trip also a very long come-up, and around the 2 hours mark, I had to lay on my back and breathe. Deep waves of bliss, I was very surprised by how it was intense. Usually on 20mg from that batch, I just wanted to add some 4-aco-dmt a couple of hours in, but that day, ally was already enough.

Last edited:
I never get big specific insights but I get this really great feeling that whatever I was not understanding about the world has suddenly clicked into place and I can see everything more clearly. It makes me feel really calm and serene for days afterwards.

Sorry to butt in on THIS thread (having never used a psychedelic in my life) but it comes up from time to time (the thread) and I've watched (or tried to watch anyway) some of these videos on YouTube (including "research" where some or the other academic has gotten loaded).

My question really is:

Why do people think that there's more to what they see other than simply the fact that they're on a drug and having a trip and the brain is simply just firing off in an abnormal fashion?

I'm not trying to be facetious here at all i.e. I'm really curious. Matter of fact and one that threw me a curve ball: Sam Harris, an atheist, and a Neuroscience Professor, and somebody for whom I have the greatest admiration and respect for, tested this out. And to this day: I cannot make sense of exactly what it is that he found or understood (not that he had some religious epiphany or anything like that).

Not to be coy here: but why is a trip experience perceived to be different from hallucinations (or maybe an even dumber example e.g. my having been paranoid after overdoing the crack and actually being worried the the DEA is abseiling down the walls outside) (and I'm really not trying to be funny here). Very curious.

This is so painfully apparent immediately upon having the first 'psychedelic' experience because it's NOT simply the brain firing off in an abnormal fashion. This gross oversimplification is inappropriate for any description of consciousness. The brain's activity affected by caffeine and a smartphone screen are akin to a good meal and a cigarette, but the two share nothing in my mind that makes one activity reminiscent of the other.

The brain, once affected by some flavor of psychedelic, is all of a sudden having an experience that human beings refer to as the 'spiritual awakening,' 'opening of the third-eye,' etc. and is (in my mind) without question the origin of all spiritual and religious practice.

I'm 24. I tried LSD for the first time when I was 20. The first two hours of that experience I was pretty much immobilized, laying sideways on a big ottoman, laughing a lot, finding myself looking at my buddy in sheer awe as this was 10 p.m. and he took the two tabs I did after having been tripping all day, and he seemed way more together than I could imagine myself ever being again.

Last winter, after being up a couple days on meth and taking some Lyrica, I was walking home. I had a long walk ahead of me and was really thankful I at least was still under the influence of meth, although the Lyrica just had me asleep riding around the city for a couple hours (passed my stop twice, shrugged off the suggestion by my friend it might be necessary to transfer to the bus that actually takes me where I'm going, got off where I got on and resigned to the walk.) I was high, my peripheral vision was as flooded as ever with movements of people, lights, shit that wasn't there. I had a persistent static kind of noise like putting your ear to a shell. I could feel and see people along every block I walked looking at me from their porches, shouting at me, arguing, all who weren't actually there, which I knew the entire time and was fairly comfortable with. Not 3/4-1.5 miles into this little hour and a half 5-mile hike I notice my friend standing at the corner ahead. I stop, we talk for a couple minutes, I'm laughing about something she said when she offers to give me her new number, I go to reach for my phone. I'm searching coat pockets, I finally look back over my shoulder and pull it out of the back pants pocket, but as I swung back around, she had gone. I was immediately crushed. I've just been standing on a street corner for some time talking to someone who was actually in prison. This ended up happening 4 more times with various people I dreamt or imagined along the way home.

I won't begin to describe a psychedelic experience, but it's NOT EVER this.
EDIT: P.S. I actually will be happy to try and shed some light on what the trip experience is in contrast to a traditional hallucination but in short, "tripping" is NOT hallucinating. You aren't having hallucinations and nothing has ever confronted one so intensely sincerely, genuinely, or with as much honesty or 'truth' as that of one's first "psychedelic trip."

Last edited:
You can never know what a psychedelic trip is unless you have taken them you can read listen to every story but that literally paints zero of the picture. The experince should be impossible if our universe was only science based. Im a chemist and the first time i took LSD was fucking crazy. What happens is that LSD sends you to a alternative reality for 12 hours. Their more than just this one reality there is infinite realities out there and LSD removes the filter allowing a person to experince the deepest spiritual reality. What is happening is way beyond a psychotic or stim induced halluncation. Reality literally shatters before your eyes and pretty much literal magic happens that is so beyond the human comphresion.

You wake up for the first time in your life to the fact that everything up til this point was fucking bullshit and a illusion to what is really going in behind the scenes of the physical reality. You will experince things way beyond science fiction. You can literally die and live your life millions of times tap into true future events and have deja vu the rest of your life. mental time travel. paradoxs time loops. You will dissolve into the energy shown many things you will be reborn and everything will never ever be the same again as you now everything those mystics had known for thousands of years they were speaking literal truths about consciousness the soul the afterlife.

Psychedelics are like no other drug out there infact i wouldn't even call them getting high its removes all the filters and activates your consciousness to infinity you become awareness and tuned into a highly medative state where everything makes more sense and is more clearer than anything in your entire life. Your senses are super human you can hear things miles away tune into every sound. Your vision becomes super vivid and sharp while reality bends and morphs and reveals its true nature. You discover what you really are. Dying without having the psychedelic experince is worse than dying a virgin you will have slept through life never realizing the true magic behind it all.

Not to be coy here: but why is a trip experience perceived to be different from hallucinations (or maybe an even dumber example.

Most drugs intensify experiences that we undergo normally. Our dopamine, serotonin, opiate and other receptors are activated as a matter of course by lots of different things. The drugs just push the limits of what is already within the bounds of our experience.,

LSD and other psychedelics however do something entirely novel. They activate and connect parts of the brain that are never otherwise activated together or in communication. They therefore offer forms of experience outside the normal parameters of human reception.

there are infinite dimensions reality is endless is this just a small locked universe we are living in. The infinite multiverse extends on forever and is eternal. Afterlife is also 100% sure and i also believe that everything has already happened and is predetermined we are just moving through awareness like a film reel.

Well some people might still deny the afterlife because they never took a large enough dose. But in my furthest travels i have lived many lives in one night full on human experinces and died in them on the most extreme like 5meo dmt and 500-1000 ug + of lsd and my first ever trip. Past lives i believe in. The ultimate answer that transcends everything is though is that the source of all of reality is a divine love a immense light. I have been backwards in time and seen the big bang for myself millions of times over seen the entire evolution of human kind the end of time. Every single major event of my life laid out before my eyes and still to this day it all comes true its kind of freaky but i have faith in the greater divine plan that everything happened for a divine reason and there was never anyway around it it had be. I have seen and lived out alternative timelines of my own life. Seen how every choice branches like a fractal this is a beautiful power of dmt breakthroughs and can free addicts from their meth addictions by showing them the future which for some people will led to them getting clean.

I have seen the most horrible things aswell and went to hell a few times and spent eons in hellfire for my sins years later i realized it was acutally not a bad trip and infact one of the best things to ever happen to me leading me back to god eventually and becoming a better person. Without LSD i would of 100% gone to jail for eventually murdering somebody but instead i took acid died went to hell for eons and was tortured by the devil and realized i never want to go to hell again and will live a better life

So let me ask you all this then: based on these experiences do YOU believe then that there parallel universes or other dimensions in which we exist (but under normal circumstances are unable to see or be a part of) or in an afterlife (or am I still just not understanding the concept and would have to go down this rabbit hole before I could make sense of it)?

No. Not as a consequence of taking psychedelics. However, common sense should indicate that one should have an open mind about the possibility of parallel universes and other dimensions. It’s very difficult to prove a negative (no one can prove that they don’t exist) and we know things about space and time now that would have seemed like science fiction 100 years ago. I’m no expert on relativity and quantum mechanics but my understanding is that there are ‘missing’ pieces in both theories that can not yet be explained empirically and are therefore worked around by making some crude assumptions in the mathematics (e.g the assumption of dark matter).

The afterlife I wouldn’t rule out due to the same logic, but my gut feeling is a parallel universe is more likely than an afterlife in which my consciousness is intact.

The mathematics and eternal inflation theory all point towards a pretty much infinite multiverse now. M-string theory infact once the LHC gets powerful enough it will be able to prove extra large dimensions that exist this still decades off the required techongoly. Physicsts have also proposed a way to detect parallel universes and the ability to communicate with them but the techongoly for that expertiment is probably 100 years away. Simulation theory is flawed but it can feel like a simulation. Elon musk was taking shit loads of LSD and going on twitter while peaking balls so he was enteraining trippy thoughts. I have left the simulated reality and became god on ego death. But its still not a simulation by a computer. More like a simulation inside the mind of god.

This:

ozsnqxvxrds51.jpg

Why do people think that there's more to what they see other than simply the fact that they're on a drug and having a trip and the brain is simply just firing off in an abnormal fashion?
Being curious about it and stuff is great, but drawing conclusions without having stepped into psychedelic waters oneself is a waste of time, imo. That's what most politicians do. This seems to be a subject matter where inference doesn't work well. It's like speculating about sex, without ever having done it. E.g. people telling that it's as real as anything else in life while simultaneously knowing you are "on" something does mean nothing, unless you were actually in this situation at one point and now have to deal with it ever after.

In general: What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

I don't think these compounds, the classic psychedelics, impart wisdom at all! Not any more than a telescope or microscope alone gives knowledge. They are tools for probing and experiencing life/reality/existence/awareness (whatever you want to call it) in a sometimes radical different ways, beyond or other than ordinary everyday consciousness, which seems to be quite restrictive for different reasons. They can provide the raw material for wisdom or insight to occur and are useful to the extend that the individual can integrate what they reveal.

If you are a truly stupid person, you might have fun and a pleasant time, or unpleasant, stressful, etc., but it probably won't present a challenge for you other than that. If you are mentally active but a bit loose (without logic), you might come to the opinion that you know everything, and chances are that you proceed to tell everyone 'how it really is' (and make a fool of yourself). However, in many people, they effectively challenge held believe structures which usually takes place afterwards, and so invite, catalyze or sometimes force to look and behave differently at/in the world. Hopefully more careful and intelligent. Isn't that what we call insight/wisdom does or effectively is? So it depends on what you make of it, it seems.

Just very curious (something along the lines of that type of "an itch you cannot scratch" type of thing).
Be careful what you wish for. Habits of looking down or making an enemy of people that happen to have a certain skin color or come from a different country etc. can be absolutely demolished or made impossible by certain types of psychedelic experiences. Where would you project and direct your anger/frustration/fears, or attach/assert your identiy without that sort of ideological believes, which you like to display here so avidly? There is a chance, that you (in such a case) would have to do some major restructuring in your mental department.

Being curious about it and stuff is great, but drawing conclusions without having stepped into psychedelic waters oneself is a waste of time, imo. That's what most politicians do. This seems to be a subject matter where inference doesn't work well. It's like speculating about sex, without ever having done it. E.g. people telling that it's as real as anything else in life while simultaneously knowing you are "on" something does mean nothing, unless you were actually in this situation at one point and now have to deal with it ever after.

A person can not write an accurate impression of Italy unless they have been there, traveled, ate etc.

Also I know the analogy has been used and I don't think it completely fits this scenario but it is something like this. If a person is interested in astronomy he will use a tool for a closer look. The telescope helps him focus in more. Same thing with a microbiologist, the microscope is the tool. How would we know if the telescope or microscope is scrambling the light data and all we are seeing are misfirings of light? If a person is sincere about spiritual things it is ok to use some of the tools Nature gave us for a closer look.

Till this day I still do not know what awakening is. The only conclusion I can come to is to be kind to each other and follow the Golden Rule. We are all One in some fashion, even if it is just the same planet we live on. We all have commonality. :)

Last edited:
Well. Would that be a bad thing?
No, not at all! 💚 Some folks actually seek this kind of experience or use these compounds as an aid for exactly this. But there is a chance, especially when it gets to ones identity, that there will be a lot of resistance, cognitive dissonance and confusion at first, until things settle down in a new way which is compatible with the experience made.

In general: What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

I don't think these compounds, the classic psychedelics, impart wisdom at all! Not any more than a telescope or microscope alone gives knowledge. They are tools for probing and experiencing life/reality/existence/awareness (whatever you want to call it) in a sometimes radical different ways, beyond or other than ordinary everyday consciousness, which seems to be quite restrictive for different reasons. They can provide the raw material for wisdom or insight to occur and are useful to the extend that the individual can integrate what they reveal.

If you are a truly stupid person, you might have fun and a pleasant time, or unpleasant, stressful, etc., but it probably won't present a challenge for you other than that. If you are mentally active but a bit loose (without logic), you might come to the opinion that you know everything, and chances are that you proceed to tell everyone 'how it really is' (and make a fool of yourself). However, in many people, they effectively challenge held believe structures which usually takes place afterwards, and so invite, catalyze or sometimes force to look and behave differently at/in the world. Hopefully more careful and intelligent. Isn't that what we call insight/wisdom does or effectively is? So it depends on what you make of it, it seems.
In my own experience the true benefits of using psychedelics appropriately is that they can effectively snap you out of your (non)senses into your true higher self where you can actually remain indefinitely or for prolonged periods.

Our higher self does not need teaching anything because it automatically knows to begin with but by taking the psychedelics and he leaving desired results and influences I feel we can remain more closely in touch with our higher self and therefore access the knowledge within us more frequently and easily.

You can never know what a psychedelic trip is unless you have taken them you can read listen to every story but that literally paints zero of the picture. The experince should be impossible if our universe was only science based. Im a chemist and the first time i took LSD was fucking crazy. What happens is that LSD sends you to a alternative reality for 12 hours. Their more than just this one reality there is infinite realities out there and LSD removes the filter allowing a person to experince the deepest spiritual reality. What is happening is way beyond a psychotic or stim induced halluncation. Reality literally shatters before your eyes and pretty much literal magic happens that is so beyond the human comphresion.

You wake up for the first time in your life to the fact that everything up til this point was fucking bullshit and a illusion to what is really going in behind the scenes of the physical reality. You will experince things way beyond science fiction. You can literally die and live your life millions of times tap into true future events and have deja vu the rest of your life. mental time travel. paradoxs time loops. You will dissolve into the energy shown many things you will be reborn and everything will never ever be the same again as you now everything those mystics had known for thousands of years they were speaking literal truths about consciousness the soul the afterlife.

Psychedelics are like no other drug out there infact i wouldn't even call them getting high its removes all the filters and activates your consciousness to infinity you become awareness and tuned into a highly medative state where everything makes more sense and is more clearer than anything in your entire life. Your senses are super human you can hear things miles away tune into every sound. Your vision becomes super vivid and sharp while reality bends and morphs and reveals its true nature. You discover what you really are. Dying without having the psychedelic experince is worse than dying a virgin you will have slept through life never realizing the true magic behind it all.
You can also move with the greatest speed, stealth and ease, not maing a sound or exerting a single pressure somehow as if your feet are made of toilet paper lol.

Just a different energetic state altogether.

Well I'm curious to say the least. What type of substance are we talking about here (given that it's obvious that I know nothing about any of this)? Any DANGERS involved here? Would using alone be an issue? What period of time are we talking about here (before things return to "normal" for want of a better word)?

If this is something you are curious about, there are ample resources on the web, and I encourage you to do some research. But perhaps a quick primer to get you pointed in the right direction:

People typically start out with the classic psychedelics, such as Magic Mushrooms or LSD. These are very well tested over time, and are extremely safe for people who of sufficient age, and do not suffer from any mental disorders like schizophrenia or psychosis. For safety you definitely do not operate a motor vehicle or anything like that.

It is generally recommended for a person to take their first trip in the company of someone who is experienced, but if that is not possible, it is possible to have the company of someone who is very caring and open minded, and able to *not* micro-manage you. If it's necessary to be solo, it's recommended to start with a very small dose, and work your way up over a series of trials.

Magic mushrooms last around 6h, LSD lasts much longer, more like 9-12h. For either one you would want to prepare yourself to be able to have a day/evening/night free, where you won't be interrupted or have any responsibilities or distractions. You want to have a clean space, some good music ready, and perhaps some simple snacks like fruit ready. Read up on Set and Setting.

Feel free to hit us up with any questions.

My biggest insight was really the realization of void, the ground-state of existence, the thing that's left when everything is taken away. It was basically realizing the bedrock of mind, or at least my deeply convincing interpretation thereof. This one's funny because it doesn't really affect my day-to-day life in any way, just this thing at the bottom of everything that I know is there. It's also really hard to articulate.

I've had a lot of smaller insights that have really shaped my life in different ways, or shaped my understanding of the physical, biological, and social worlds, and art/music.

When I was much younger, I had a very Freudian insight about how much our actions, impulses, and decisions are propelled by the drive to attract and/or maintain a mate. So much of human behaviour boils down to maximizing our mating odds, but of course we put layer upon layer of abstraction on top of this and hardly notice that we're doing it.

I've had plenty of insights just around recognizing love for family and friends. Hallmark card type of stuff that doesn't make great prose, but becomes deeply tangible and experienced. It can be such a good reminder of priorities.

Another big insight was just about attention. When I first took LSD I became so aware of where my attention was going, and how generally unfocused it was. It really helped my studies at the time to realize that I could simply put my attention on my priorities. Again, one of those pithy things that is easy to talk about, but harder to actually take action on. Somehow, tripping gave the the levers (post-trip) to be able to take control of this.

I could go on and on with small-to-medium sized insights I've gained over the years.

My biggest insight was that we all have God in us.
Treat one another as such because it is true.
Love truly conquers ALL.
You can become a Free Creator!
we are creators!
Mind your thoughts.

I learned that I myself have lived thousands of lives.
Reincarnation is true.
We come back here over and over again until we learn true unconditional love.
It takes major pain and rivers of tears to overcome the cycle of samsara.
This is my last life here.

I had a Near Death Experience.
I left my body and travelled to The Kingdom of God.
We do not really die.

However, I saw different “layers” or dimensions and there is a lower level where I saw what I call “wandering souls”.
They are people who won’t let go of anger, hate, wanting revenge, material possessions, etc.
I saw the “owners” of those souls.
Their names are literally Greed, Hate, Vengeance, Anger, etc...
They are not human.
They are “demons”.
Even holding on to the love for a mate or a child will hold you like a snare.
You must let go of everything and everyone to enter The Kingdom of God.
There is nothing that is negative allowed to enter there.
All those souls had to do was let go and they would have rose above that hellish layer.

Jesus is real.
Love one another!
Forgive.
Do not judge another, ever!
you have not walked in their shoes and there is much that we misinterpret or do not have experience with.

Last edited:
I would imagine that your bodies own DMT would be what is used during death or Near Death Experience.