• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

The mathematics and eternal inflation theory all point towards a pretty much infinite multiverse now. M-string theory infact once the LHC gets powerful enough it will be able to prove extra large dimensions that exist this still decades off the required techongoly. Physicsts have also proposed a way to detect parallel universes and the ability to communicate with them but the techongoly for that expertiment is probably 100 years away. Simulation theory is flawed but it can feel like a simulation. Elon musk was taking shit loads of LSD and going on twitter while peaking balls so he was enteraining trippy thoughts. I have left the simulated reality and became god on ego death. But its still not a simulation by a computer. More like a simulation inside the mind of god.
Also the structure of human DNA was discovered while Crick was on a micro, or low dose of LSD, however biographers want to claim this did not happen.

I ran out of words to describe what was going on after eating acid on the second day/morning. I'd eaten an unknown amount of a half-sheet (50 hits) and by the morning after I was just smelling things I'd never smelled or noticed smelling before. It was very uplifting, I guess. I can't describe it but it helped me to figure out what I was doing

My two most significant ones were probably one I had around 19 when I was eating some chicken as I was coming coming down. And I just really couldn't get over the similarity of the drumstick and my arm. That thought began a journey that has led to me being vegan or vegetarian for 30+ years.
A while later I had an experience at a camping trip with friends. I realized that I was a self destructive person. And beyond my own lack of care for myself, this was a mean thing to do to anyone who gave a damn about me or people in general. Nobody wants to be around self destructive people, except other self destructive people.
So I quit drinking and putting things up my nose and so forth. Shortly afterwards I stopped hanging around people who have a high mortality rate because of drugs, alcohol and poor choices.
A lot of people think you need a 12 step program to get away from such behavior.
It's counter intuitive that psychedelics/entheogens can have a constructive benefit like this.
To this day I only use entheogens as therapy. 1 or 2 times a year. Though it has been a couple years now since I've felt the need to check in.

@calaverasgrande it's interesting that Bill W., the founder of AA and the original 12-step program, experimented with LSD in the 50s. I think there is a relationship between psychedelics and making these kinds of positive life choices.

Honestly the most important and insightful trip I ever had was the very first time I tripped on anything which was LSD with a close friend of mine. We had spoken about doing it for a long time but could never seem to get hold of any (before the says of the DNM, at least as I was aware) and then, one day while walking in a local park we found this little velvet pouch. We picked it up and looked inside and there they were, four little tabs of LSD. We went home and took them later that night (maybe reckless but we were young and knew no better) and to say it opened my mind! I think I had always felt these feelings on connection to each and everyone, that we are all involved in the same struggles and joys, at essence we are all one and the same, but this trip exaggerated them beyond anything I could have expect.

We sat and shared what we were experiencing, the beauty and the patterns, the joys in music we never knew we could find (despite loving these bands our entire lives), sat in the garden and stared at the clear night sky and felt that amazing oneness with the universe and all that is in it. Pure love and joy and happiness, everything felt like it made sense. We were coming down and were both wondering how we ever go back to the way we were and since then, neither of us have. It really changed me on a fundamental level.

It will always be the most special of my trips even if not the most awe inspiring or mind blowing, I never lost who I was for example. It just showed me another way.

One other time I was tripping in a park with a different friend around 200ug each. It was the most glorious English summers day in a beautiful park full of little hidden spots and wildlife, once again we had this affirmation of the beauty in the world. Then as we were coming down, still suitably gone but not peaking any longer, we set off to walk back to his house. It had turned to night now and out of the comfort of the park (where we had spent around ten hours) and the chill on the night time and back in the urban city, everything seemed chaotic. Bright neon lights and cars whizzing around, drunk people spilling onto the streets. It was quite the jarring change. The we were walking home and this car pulled up and came to a screeching stop in front of us and these two people high on crack jumped out and demanded money and lighters from us, we were still tripping but we didn't react, it got a bit physical and we had to defend ourselves and run out of there. Still tripping quite a lot.

That was quite a nice reminder the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns.

I've had those heavy trips on shrooms and LSD, once a breakthrough on DMT, where you lose yourself and the ego dissolves and they were more profound in a 'religious' sense but the two above are for some reason, just special and stay with me on a more regular basis. Probably because they were easier to integrate the trips into everyday life than those 'showing you the universe' type trips. I never quite know how to use those in waking life.

Last edited:
First trips are the best, imo. I’ve never, even with larger doses, found that same novelty or magic as my first time. My first time was alsotwo hits of WoW, before I’d even drank alcohol or smoked weed - major shift in my world model!

First trips are the best, imo. I’ve never, even with larger doses, found that same novelty or magic as my first time. My first time was alsotwo hits of WoW, before I’d even drank alcohol or smoked weed - major shift in my world model!

My first LSD experience was nice, but nothing too special, the blotter was a bit too weak to get deep. But man, I remember my first time with XTC. My first pill at my first rave. In the main room, when my pill kicked in, I started to dance, and I felt so much at my place at that moment with those people. All those colors, the music, the friendly people. It was the first time I felt so at my place with a group. I'll always remember my second time with XTC too. I was at a small party with an hippie chick I met at my first rave a bit over a month before. I started to feel an energy rising inside me, the way i was breathing changed, waves of bliss coming up one after the other. I started taking yoga postures even if I didn't know a thing about yoga. It took me years to understand that what happened that ght was an episode of Kundalini awakening. That energy came again a few years ago without drugs, and is still with me, but at a much more manageable level.

My first time with salvia was so special too. The night before, I smoked weed without much tolerance. Then, on the saturday morning, I took a bit of speed to make a road-trip. In the afternoon, I got initiated with ketamine, but only a little bit, it felt so euphoric with the speed. A few hours later, I took two caps of MDMA. While deep in it, someone asked me if I wanted to smoke salvia, and without thinking much, I said yes. One big hit, and I remember my ears starting to ring. And then, I felt a feminine presence close to me, taking care of me. I felt so good and secure. And, then, I had that experience of being everything and nothing at the same moment, very hard to put into words. Blacking out for a moment of pure joy and love.

Unfortunately, the biggest ones I dont get to take with me

The one that sticks with me is "none of it really matters" but not in a nihilistic way. More of a "try to be less inhibited and enjoy it" way

Friggin covid wrecked psych supply in my area. THANKS OBAMA