• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

So, God had absolutely nothing to say to you and gave you a "talk to the hand" - does that mean you really met him? If you gaze upon someone and therein see yourself reflected but no meaningful communication ensued - did you really actually meet as so little exchange took place.

"Largely inert"? you mean like Bill Clinton that he didn't inhale? My experience of God is to the contrary, my cup runneth over with His forthcomingness whenever I as much as gla
How did you meet God? What were the circumstances of your meeting? Did you conceive or perceive?

During dinnertime at the beach, on 200ug LSD-25, I witnessed the coming into existence of a wave, very close to the shore, and its inevitable crash and merging into all of the sea.

If by an aesthetic experience mean reading a book and through the gimped backward sister of understanding, words and language, conceive something, no that by no means measures up to actually experiencing it.

Drugs are not required, but one needs to actually live it to know it. Imagining to live it through a description does not measure up to the reality of it.

Well one thing to be said about books, and written idea, is that if the idea really speaks to you, it can create an actual experience within you.
I think both reading about others experience's and having our own are valuable

What does chasing the high mean? Ok ... one wants to experience that again. But what is happening? Willing recedes and conscious experience is at the zenith. 'I' stop thinking; 'me' exists.

If by an aesthetic experience mean reading a book and through the gimped backward sister of understanding, words and language, conceive something, no that by no means measures up to actually experiencing it.

Drugs are not required, but one needs to actually live it to know it. Imagining to live it through a description does not measure up to the reality of it.

Heard a song and then lost yourself in the music? You have experienced Schopenhauer without reading a written word. The point is drugs are a (very) efficient short-cut but raw experience of the sublime is one and the same.

But there's something to be said for viscerally experiencing something as real, rather than just reading what some guy wrote.

This.

There’s reading it, and then there’s LIVING it! One leaves a much more profound impact than the other.

-GC

The experience of reading through a philosophical tome or a treatise will not be the same as perusing through a casual fiction book. In the former the experience is, at the right times, fully META, whereas in the latter stepping beyond limited subjectivity is a success in itself.

^^^I get what you are trying to say, but still, I feel I could never articulate the feelings ive had during plus 4 psychedelic experiences to anyone but myself. at least not with the languages i can currently speak

There's a deeper point the periphery of which your post has captured; for without the intellect no understanding is possible. Books like psychedelics and psychedelics like books are no more than tools to dig into a possible realm of knowledge, but are not necessarily the source of that knowledge itself.

Realizing I don't need to be socially anxious anymore via discovering something amazing called Not Needing Other People's Approval (can't entirely attribute that to drugs, but they played a big part in it). I had severe social anxiety (like, I couldn't even talk to the teller in a store) and an SSRI helped a lot, but there was still moderate social anxiety there and basically through drugs I completely changed my outlook and now I absolutely don't care. Not needing other people's approval is one of the best things that have happened to me.

I've had two life changing trips, one on psilocybin and one on allylescaline of all things. Can I choose both or should I pick just one??

I think you make your own rules man. :) I have also had a handful of life-changing peak experience trips, each was influential and transformative in its own unique way. My first one, that I described briefly above, has got to be the most transformative though, as it really did dramatically alter the course of my life and my personality development as I transitioned into adulthood (I was 18 at the time, and just started college). The first time you have a psychedelic breakthrough is something you can't replicate, the utter magic and mind-blowing awareness (remembrance, really) that things are so much more than they seem on the surface. You can have peak experiences again but there is nothing like discovering a new frontier.

My very first trip, I realized that, rather than spirituality being a lie and nothing having any value or meaning, in fact we are all the same awareness, the universe experiencing itself, and that the universe is one giant fractal on the macro and micro scale, and that life is indeed very precious and majestic. It totally altered the course of my life and entire foundational belief system, for the better.
One viewing of Gaspar Noe's 'Enter The Void' with some good weed gave me a more profound, seemingly permanent change in my perception of death and reincarnation than any traditional psychedelic experience ever did. Highly recommended director and movie.

Phenomenology of Spirit!

Precisely -- I have been called mad only half-jokingly to have fully read it in about four months or so. As someone who was once an avowed devotee of complete Bacchanal excesses, I owe a great deal to that book for bringing out the latent bits of Dionysian revelry in me, at a time when I considered such a thing to be important and healthy. I have had my break with it, but the experience of the science of consciousness presented in that book is not very unlike that of a (bad) RC-chemical perhaps.

@Xorkoth, I have often used psychedelics to help me answer questions but my experience on them has always led to me ask more questions and dig deeper into more and more space. It can get quite tiring and very quickly. It is my experience that the experiences of psychedelics like LSD-25 (especially this) really heightens existential sensations than provide a kind of homely relief. The feeling of the latter is apparent using DMT but coming out of that headspace leaves one confounded for days if not weeks or months, or if the intensity of an experience was sufficiently...honourable...then a full year might go by but lingering questions can remain.

@tweakerguy, check out the films thread.