• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

Many years ago I had one good DXM trip where I got a deep understanding of how everything in life is connected in a symbiotic way. For instance, we breathe in oxygen, exhale carbon dioxide, which the plants absorb and then release oxygen for us to breathe, etc.

Then I had a few terrifying trips on it, so I gave it up a long time ago.

Stay Safe!!!
Dreamflyer

I note that many of my insights or knowledge gained during heavier trips is largely accessible only in that state.
It’s like a normal human mind not being capable of picturing infinity.
I certainly perceive it on high dose trips, but can’t take that back to my normative state.
Maybe i can call it psychedelic memory?
I just can’t hang up that phone, thinking that thru enough repeat calls, I’ll be able to conceive the message in the sober state - hehe!

Biggest insight... hmmm I don't know

The main one would be that psychedelics are generally far and away the best drugs there are lol, approached from pretty much all relevant criteria.
One thing that would be most valuable to me, would maybe be the fact that they helped me being more aware of things I do or think when sober. The human brain is tricky :)

That there are 3 things, your mind, your body and the world.
And we often think of "me" as my mind + my body, and the world is apart.
But in reality, "me" is my mind, and my body + the world are the "other thing" that are in fact the same thing.
It doesn't mean that you don't have to take care of your body, but its just a thing that alow you to live like food, water, etc ...

@dalpat077

I think that if you have ever had a great dream and you wake up thrilled or just keep trying to get back to that dream then you have some sense of psychedelia; now consider that exciting feeling while you are awake and enjoying both the world around and reverberations of it in your mind and imagination. The crescendos of every sense and joy and freshness.

Well it's obviously not always like that but a person who has not tripped awake on a drug has tripped in their dreams and has many of the same feelings while in ordinary situations.

Probably we think our realizations were so grand is because at the same time that we were thinking them we were feeling ecstatic and maybe the world was lit from within like christmas lights.

I realised I am the centre of the universe.

I realised the wind of time is blowing through me.

I realised it's all moving relative to me.

I realised it's all a figment of my mind.

Hello.

Thanks for this. It's an explanation in layman's terms that somebody like me can understand.

Believe it or not: I've been silent on the forums (which I'm sure has made more than a few happy campers) since yesterday because I've now spent a lot of hours looking into all of this. I'll post my opinions a little later of tomorrow (need to just think them out nicely). Hope it will be alright on this thread (as opposed to starting another one) (but then I'm sure somebody will advise on this). At this point in time though: I'm not "buying". Not that I'm questioning anybody's experiences or life altering trips for the better. I certainly am not (or will not) be doing that.

I would be careful.
My Near Death Experience changed me for the better but it has a price.
It has made it harder for me to live in this world in ways.
easier in other ways.
It is like I have one foot in another reality and one foot here.
It has made mundane tasks really hard.

These are life altering experiences.

Some people are left very handicapped.

I would be scared to induce this kind of experience if I was not pretty much a Shaman now, after my NDE.
I have much experience with the spiritual world and it’s dimensions.
If you are going to induce this kind of experience with drugs, I would have a “guide”.

I would be careful.
My Near Death Experience changed me for the better but it has a price.
It has made it harder for me to live in this world in ways.
easier in other ways.
It is like I have one foot in another reality and one foot here.
It has made mundane tasks really hard.

Yes I can see that and I never had an NDE. I have read people that had them going through a depression of having seen higher life of the mind beyond the physical. Then they come back to this molasses world of physical doing and it is mundane and exhausting. Just from seeing beyond the veil I get cranky with normal life and wonder how isn't everyone sad they have to go through this?

I certainly have become more crankier but I can't tell if it is because I am over 55 or just saw too much and peaked beyhond this focus and now I am impatient. The sum total of all my trips have shown me a lot. And I can not imagine being the person that has an NDE, feels Love, belonging and purpose only to come back to Earth and watch what we watch everyday. Separated from all that in a physical body. So for a time being it is up to us to make people feel that from within. We have to "bring it".
I have come to forgive the elderly for being cranky. I learned being cranky has nothing to do with personality, just tired from doing doing doing. Doing everything to house the body, feed the body, feed other bodies, clean up, make a mess, clean up, clothe it, make money to clothe it, etc........I understand the term Rest In Peace. No more doing hence no more crankiness. LOL :) We all go above the physical everyday. LIke even this post, has more meaning than just physical hands typing on a keyboard. We type to understand and we all live in the non physical realm everyday without realizing. Watching a movie is a good example of going beyond the physical and using the mind for thoughts and activity. (I guess at somepoint someone has to carry the TV in though lol)

Hey Painful One, if you have a write up on your NDE let me know. I read all of them I can. Stay well, stay content, remember life really is only 5 minutes long even though it feels like a lifetime.

Edit: Case in point. Just had the TV remote in my hand and I just spend 12 minutes looking to see if I threw it a mile away since I could not imagine where I layed it down. Sick of that doing. :D Not finding the the TV remote I just had wears me down. Mundane for sure but the tiredness is real.

Last edited:
I read this and couldn't help but to comment; my brother n i used to have 3 4 day binges n over the years we started to see shit n things n beings that i wont even go into.. most weren't good. Anyways, as yrs went by my brother started to have these experiences while he was sober n it got a lot worst the older he got. People n things would visit him n he started t have communication with the other side .. I know most will think im crazy for my comment but here it goes; my "h"habit got really bad n i had 3 overdoses.. I have a daughter that was the apple of his eye!💔 one day on a friday night he comes over n tells me that he was told that i was going t have my final od & i wasnt gona make it this time n he was shown that my daughter would b the one to find me & it would change her forever. His life had bcome really hard as a result of these experiences n he was just done so he told me that he chose to go in my place due t his love for my kid..now i know this may sound insane to most but let me explain that he was gifted since he was about 5 yrs old n how we found out is when he was about 4 or 5 our neighbor had died n the next day my lil brother came inside the house n told mom that the old man who has just died the day before was standing in the backyard(we lived in a duplex then) so it began early for him. SO where im going with this is that his gift turned into something negative once the drugs came in the picture as an adult because i believe that in life the energy you surround yourself with DOES AFFECT YOU, some just have abilities to see what others dont. Anyways he said this to me on a friday night i freaked out broke into tears n he even said his goodbyes that night to both my daughter n me (my daughter was a teenager at the time) but i never really thought this would actually happen. He spent the night at my house that night n we hung out got fkd up as we usually did back then n by Saturday night the next day around 830pm my brother passed away from a $10 bag of dope. Mind you we did dope all the time back then n a LOT MORE THAN what actually killed him. I have to live with that for the rest of my days n im a very sad human as a result of this. How this applies to ur comment? Drugs r a portal & if ur someone who's open to that type of thing by all means you will open yourself to negativity. We had experiences that i wont even discuss while on our binges so YES BY ALL MEANS B CAREFUL if you're this type of person. I read your post n it immediately reminded me of so many experiences that my brother n i experienced n that i will forever regret not taking them seriously then. I lost a piece of my heart when he died n there isnt a day that goes by that i dont think about what happened. We are energy n the choices we make have consequences.

Oh sweetheart.
Your story made me cry.

Yes, your brother was one who could see those “ wandering souls” I talked about in my post.
Those are people who still roam this Earth due to not letting go of negativity.
Some are much worse than that.
They lie and would feed off another sensitive human being who could see them, acknowledged them, and did not shut them right down immediately by telling them THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!

I question whether they deceived your brother into believing he would loose you and so agreed to go in your place.
Either way, he did an act of unconditional love and by this he freed himself from the cycle of Samsara.
so, don’t you worry about him.
He is home in The Kingdom of God.
Don’t you fret about this anymore. Please.
I can certainly see why you would feel the way you do but you need to shut that down.
You are giving those negative (I say people lightly because they are human but they are disgusting, gross, human and their owners are not human) ones food and they like to keep you locked into guilt, shame, depression, etc. because they feed Upon it.
Misery truly loves company.

Listen to me, this life is so short when seen from a true perspective and it is so much less real, like a dream, once we are freed from it.
It fades away quickly and is soon forgotten like a dream and we are home.
We are loved more than you could ever imagine.
Let love rule your life and surround yourself with love and nothing can penetrate that, nothing can touch that.

Be happy for your brother.
He has obtained the ultimate goal that all of us must get to.
No more sadness over this.
Be well.

Yes I can see that and I never had an NDE. I have read people that had them going through a depression of having seen higher life of the mind beyond the physical. Then they come back to this molasses world of physical doing and it is mundane and exhausting. Just from seeing beyond the veil I get cranky with normal life and wonder how isn't everyone sad they have to go through this?

I certainly have become more crankier but I can't tell if it is because I am over 55 or just saw too much and peaked beyhond this focus and now I am impatient. The sum total of all my trips have shown me a lot. And I can not imagine being the person that has an NDE, feels Love, belonging and purpose only to come back to Earth and watch what we watch everyday. Separated from all that in a physical body. So for a time being it is up to us to make people feel that from within. We have to "bring it".
I have come to forgive the elderly for being cranky. I learned being cranky has nothing to do with personality, just tired from doing doing doing. Doing everything to house the body, feed the body, feed other bodies, clean up, make a mess, clean up, clothe it, make money to clothe it, etc........I understand the term Rest In Peace. No more doing hence no more crankiness. LOL :) We all go above the physical everyday. LIke even this post, has more meaning than just physical hands typing on a keyboard. We type to understand and we all live in the non physical realm everyday without realizing. Watching a movie is a good example of going beyond the physical and using the mind for thoughts and activity. (I guess at somepoint someone has to carry the TV in though lol)

Hey Painful One, if you have a write up on your NDE let me know. I read all of them I can. Stay well, stay content, remember life really is only 5 minutes long even though it feels like a lifetime.

Edit: Case in point. Just had the TV remote in my hand and I just spend 12 minutes looking to see if I threw it a mile away since I could not imagine where I layed it down. Sick of that doing. :D Not finding the the TV remote I just had wears me down. Mundane for sure but the tiredness is real.

Thank you so much for this! 😁😘
yes! Exactly!!

I do have a write up of my NDE.
I have even been on several radio shows where I talk about it.
I did this out of Love for everyone else.
I did not want to talk about it with others due to some looking upon me as crazy etc.
But, I saw the TRUTH and this Near Death Experience was so wonderful and many need to hear and to understand how loved we truly are and the hope .
I feel like it was kinda for ALL of us.
We are so much more connected than it seems.
We truly are all ONE in a larger body and when one is hurt, we are all hurt.
The human body is a microcosm of the Universe.
If your liver is hurt, the entire body is hurt, if your heart is hurt, the entire body is hurt.
The entire body suffers from one of it’s members being hurt.

I hesitate to share a link to my NDE on this particular forum due to it having some content that may sound and appear “religious” but it was so NOT religious.
Also, the radio show one would out my identity and name and I want to remain anonymous on here due to obvious reasons.
I will try to private message you with a link since you are truly interested and open and long to hear of these experiences.
The write up one is the best because others could ask me questions and it just goes far deeper into it.
Like a book compared to a 2 hour movie where much Is left out.
I looked for a website where people would read and be open to strange things so I write of this NDE on a conspiracy website.
Don‘t 😂 laugh.

BTW elderly people (at what age do you say we start calling 'em/us elderly) often wake up cranky because they are in pain. then stay cranky all day.
each change in the weather starts a new cycle of joint pain and muscle pain, and a raft of other discomforts as the body declines starting at 25 (average peak age) and then shuts down before you reach 110.

really helps to have an exercise habit. aim for high nineties.

That our entire universe is inside the nucleus of a cell inside the body of a man whose entire universe is inside the nucleus of man and so on forever ♾🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍🌍

Sorry to butt in on THIS thread (having never used a psychedelic in my life) but it comes up from time to time (the thread) and I've watched (or tried to watch anyway) some of these videos on YouTube (including "research" where some or the other academic has gotten loaded).

My question really is:

Why do people think that there's more to what they see other than simply the fact that they're on a drug and having a trip and the brain is simply just firing off in an abnormal fashion?

I'm not trying to be facetious here at all i.e. I'm really curious. Matter of fact and one that threw me a curve ball: Sam Harris, an atheist, and a Neuroscience Professor, and somebody for whom I have the greatest admiration and respect for, tested this out. And to this day: I cannot make sense of exactly what it is that he found or understood (not that he had some religious epiphany or anything like that).

Not to be coy here: but why is a trip experience perceived to be different from hallucinations (or maybe an even dumber example e.g. my having been paranoid after overdoing the crack and actually being worried the the DEA is abseiling down the walls outside) (and I'm really not trying to be funny here). Very curious.
Words cannot describe it. Some things need to be experienced on their own. If you are mentally and physically stable, try taking 250-350ug of LSD, or 2.0-3.5 grams of dried Psilocybin mushrooms when you have a large block of time, are in an excellent mood, do not have to drive anywhere, go to work, etc.