• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's the biggest insight you ever got during a trip?

The world is mere appearance. What is real is not readily accessible. Appearance of the world is not real.

i once had a very vivid experience while smoking 5meodmt. i was in france during the french revolution. i was being led up the steps to the guillotine, about to be executed. it was extremely real - the sounds and the smells. i was there.

i was strapped on to the gurney and the blade was released. the moment stretched out forever and i had an epiphany. i recalled somebody a long time ago telling me that "at the moment of death all life's questions are answered" and, in that moment, peace descended over me.

the whole thing could have been terrifying but it was enlightening.

alasdair

30mg O-PCE had me thinking about my life during the entire trip...everything circulating in my brain....covid, mask wearing, how I need to be more organized , get in better shape physically, mentally and emotionally...
As soon as I was clear headed enough to get out of bed...I organized and cleaned the entire house...had a 45 min workout and then snuggled my cat and bathed in the comfort of organization and revelry of getting my shit more together after letting things slip quite a bit due to the work schedule being so hectic since covid (I make hospital equipment). And have had 50-60 hour work weeks!!

I only know the civil war part of Thucydides never studied the Melian Debate, just a lazy boy, me.

Similar experience dying in a dream.
I'm pretty sure I've done it cognitively while completely awake and lucid. Its quantum physics. I really can't describe it any other way other than using terms like holographic, or God is the ultimate algorithm through which we as individuals exist and learn.

Edit, human life seems like we are a working life algorithm, that has some pretty good attributes to it, like learning, creativity, astrophysics and quantum physics, in little individual computer like bodies, propagating here on planet earth among the other species, non-species, whatever else blah blah blah. Still, pretty cool, tripping or not. We get a little spoiled on the Left Coast, lots and lots of diversity and public wealth on display out here, just like everywhere else in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whose Thrasymachus?
A well-known Greek sophist and a contemporary of Plato's whose main argument is central to the unfolding of the Republic ... "Justice is the interest of the stronger."

I only know the civil war part of Thucydides never studied the Melian Debate, just a lazy boy, me.

Thucydides and Socrates were contemporaries and have served Athens in the Peloponnesian war.

I'm pretty sure I've done it cognitively while completely awake and lucid. Its quantum physics. I really can't describe it any other way other than using terms like holographic, or God is the ultimate algorithm through which we as individuals exist and learn.

Whatever such a hologram or algorithm be, the work is entirely self-sustenance, in spite of mounting oppositions to the contrary of natures, and lacking a rational basis, which to those like us who can live, is just reason to be kind and compassionate.

I was a generalist in my history, they pointed me to Claude DeBussy and I studied American legal and evangelical history; the change in common law in the Colonies, the US Constitution and Amendments, the Great Awakenings, and legal economic theory. So I didn't get the classics other than horsing around with the Greek History prof, because, well, duh.

I will add that another very dear 'Greek' freind, after many years of friendship, did entertain me with war stories and trophies captured. I will always love him forever for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

I too have had shit like this happen and same, i cant explain it any other way except the basic concept you laid out.

For me one of my most profound trips was an empathogenic experience that seemed to expand my love to the entire universe. Months after that experience I was emotionally moved at the slightest things and I’m sure that has lasted with me to some extent ever since.

One instance after the experience, weeks after. I walked past a grandfather in a wheelchair holding his grandson while his son/father of the child played little hand games to entertain the child. In that moment I saw 3 generations with love pouring out of each one, the child laughing in play, the father enjoying entertaining his son, and the grandfather proudly watching his blood and the future of “him.”

I nearly burst into tears at the sight of it, the beauty of moments like these no longer went unnoticed, my appreciation for life and the world around me was at all time high.

If I have even one more experience of that magnitude before I die I’ll be forever grateful but even if I don’t, I’ll be forever grateful...

-GC

My most recent psychedelic "aha" moment was more of a change in self perception than an insight into the world as a whole. I was on an allylescaline fueled hike that got surprisingly introspective for that particular substance. Basically, instead of simply intellectualizing that I was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and not a victim. I didn't let it define me or destroy me. I SURVIVED. If you've ever been through something similar, you'll understand that massive chasm between cognition of something and actually believing it on a gut level. Years of psychotherapy couldn't accomplish what a single, relatively low dose (32mg) allylescaline trip did in minutes.

I've realized at this point that trying to explain the things that I have realized or seen throughout my trips is really difficult too near impossible. I feel like the real meat of the psychedelic experience that area around the peak of say; a high dose of the acid goes beyond what language is able to communicate. So too the trippy insight. Many things in this world have a meaning that must be witnessed yourself to fully understand it. If any of you have read into 20th-century philosophy you will probably realize that this is not an original thought. Reading through the thread after typing someone has already said this not even an original thought in the thread darn.
I also feel like a lot of people feel almost like a lot of people might develop god complexes or something of the like following trips and this is totally understandable from my point of view. They show you how you really are a sort of god or worldbuilder constantly constructing an understanding built entirely within your brain. The philosophy of truth comes into play here. Everybody is right. Although there are greater truths and lesser truths keep in mind all of this is constructed in your head from some sort of outside world even if we may all be brains hooked into simulations for the amusement of aliens aboard a trillion-year-old mothership hurtling across the galaxy.

My very first trip, I realized that, rather than spirituality being a lie and nothing having any value or meaning, in fact we are all the same awareness, the universe experiencing itself, and that the universe is one giant fractal on the macro and micro scale, and that life is indeed very precious and majestic. It totally altered the course of my life and entire foundational belief system, for the better.

My experience has been similar to yours. I really liked how you have summarized it.

I would add that one of the great lessons of my life was to understand that taking the drug again could not teach me anything else. There are many people who experience a genuine and momentous moment with a drug (whatever kind it may be) and take it again shortly after (myself) thinking that this is the key that should open "the door" every time.

I think the real journey comes later, when you have to make your own way to experience all that excitement and transcendence again from a sober state.
Drugs have taught me to see life from a perspective that I really love, and I have learned that to keep that awareness alive the way is to love who I am and stay curious and awake.

We are a beautiful experiment in the laboratory of the Universe, let's not waste this miraculous opportunity. :)

Last edited: