• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What is there to do during lockdown apart from drink?

Yep I'm due a walk to city centre. Down the canal. With a can. Still drinking with the dog. Shame I can't pop any where for a half of ale.
Just imagine how aa are getting their branding right for when people can meet again and have to stop drinking

i usually wouldn't. i did almost 2 years of, apart from a couple of lapses, being completely substance free, and was busy as fuck the entire time. got through summer part of lockdown fine cos at least we could go outside in the evenings. but when the days started getting shorter and all the things i enjoy at home started getting monotonous, i picked up a bad habit.

if you have got through lockdown without seeking a substance as a crutch and getting mind numbingly bored then i am very happy for you and somewhat jealous!

ok, sounds good. i mean my major sticking point is actually doing it lol. like, i have 40 minutes til work, i could easily sit for 15 mins of that. will i? i dunno, now i've thought of it as an actual option maybe i will.
I have trouble motivating to do healthy things when I am the sole beneficiary, I can be very ambivalent about my own well being. From my perspective, I am looking forward to your check-in next Monday* as my practice lacks ANY perspective except my own anymore. That is something I miss about having a sangha and a roshi (Zen priest) involved in my practice. Maybe knowing that it will benefit me if you have something to say, or maybe you would hate having to write the same report each week, will be motivating? Maybe not, just a thought.

*I think fixing a day if the week is helpful for me. To dissuade procrastination. But any day of the week WFM, it doesn’t have to be Monday

Yeah but I can't smoke if I don't eat well I can but I get horrible stomach ache and heart burn and then I can't enjoy my wank because I feel bad that's me and my weird genetically interior aspergers mind anyway:p
Hey didn’t you just publically denounce yourself and promise to leave? Yesterday? Not trying to be unfriendly but you gotta stick to your guns better than that bub, you aren’t going to get the kind of attention you crave being a ninny... just sayin’. Try to be real for at least a few days.

To dissuade procrastination. But any day of the week WFM, it doesn’t have to be Monday
makes sense, i'm happy with monday.
Yeah hadn't really planned on it at all, feel like I payed for it in terms of lethargy today though.
true story about my evening: boyfriend buys beer before 4pm, i hold out til after i've been food shopping, make dinner while drinking, be drunk and eat dinner late, boyfriend is currently out getting us takeout.

i have restisted asking him to get me a felafel wrap but he is getting a large chips so i can have some. hopefully won't be too lethargic tomorrow.

Lebanese wraps and beer for me...I can see already see a noticeable increase in gut size :|

*dislocates hips swinging kettle bell around*

I can't drink much any more because I damaged my liver years ago from drinking too much combined with taking SSRI antidepressants. Stupid I know, but I was young and foolish. It permanently, physically ruined me and I'm still living with the effects to this day. So I have a kind of aversion to alcohol, but I still drink on occasion because it's the only psychoactive substance that is easily available, until they legalise cannabis I guess......

@chinup could always try making your own ale or wines. Soon be budding season for lots of fruits and flowers, elderflower cordial and champagne easy as f to make.

Do you have any local fruit tree nurseries? Lots of the fruit usually goes to waste, but there’s also wild blackberries, plums, pears, apples etc.

Wines are easy as pie to make and you can use an old 5L water bottle as a brewing vessel so your outlay is minimal at best. Then in a few weeks/months/years. You’ll have something quaffable that you’ve made yourself!

Keeps me busy when I have some down time.

@LoginNotSecure i have actually tried elderflower champagne and it was really nice.

i have no idea about local tree nurseries, i'm in a bit of a concrete jungle. can try and find out where i could find elderflower though, ideally not off the side of a road!! do you need loads? i don't drive so would be limited by what i can carry.

i do really like cooking so can see me liking making beverages. not sure about ales though every home brew i've ever tried has been awful.

have family members who i've never met but my dad goes to see sometimes who make this stuff called wisniowka, he always brings a bottle back. its like 100% proof but tastes pretty good.

Elderflower (and their berries) are all over the place, the council plant a lot of it. Chances are you’ve seen it without even knowing about it (or maybe you do!)

Don’t need a lot, 20/25 heads for a 10/15L brew. (That amount will take up less than half a Tesco carrier bag).

Loads and loads of recipes on the web!

390565-DC-FF8-E-4570-B968-BFE467053-A95.jpg

Last edited:
Hey didn’t you just publically denounce yourself and promise to leave? Yesterday? Not trying to be unfriendly but you gotta stick to your guns better than that bub, you aren’t going to get the kind of attention you crave being a ninny... just sayin’. Try to be real for at least a few days.
this is the internet and a drug website it isn't real life I was just high and blowing some silent steam all the ogs here know not to take me seriously I just need attenion and misery to live off and leech

Elderflower (and their berries) are all over the place, the council plant a lot of it. Chances are you’ve seen it without even knowing about it (or maybe you do!)

Don’t need a lot, 20/25 heads for a 10/15L brew. (That amount will take up less than half a Tesco carrier bag).

Loads and loads of recipes on the web!

390565-DC-FF8-E-4570-B968-BFE467053-A95.jpg

Elderberry and banana wine is fuckin awesome shit. I really need to get back in the saddle...

Elderberry and banana wine is fuckin awesome shit. I really need to get back in the saddle...
You and this banana monstrosity! I do however like elderberry and elderflower! Make wine for me! Pwetty pwease!