• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Drinking? V2. Frosty Jacks - For The Discerning Pisshead

And don’t be making fun of my delicious pear cider!! Hahaha!! Hmph..... might have a third... that’s it though! No more...
I miss Cider. I really really really miss Cider. We do not have it here,
and since my visit to London I've been trying to reproduce it with what I can buy here.

Mixing light beer and apple juice comes close, sort of, but it's still not the same :(

and since my visit to London I've been trying to reproduce it with what I can buy here.

Mixing light beer and apple juice comes close, sort of, but it's still not the same :(
How come you don’t have it there? I don’t think I’d manage to go out if there was no cider. It’s my main drink when out usually.

How come you don’t have it there? I don’t think I’d manage to go out if there was no cider. It’s my main drink when out usually.
Living in the midst of Bavaria. Drinking anything but light beer or wheat beer here is frowned upon. So our stores don't have it (only the massively huge ones, and I live in a small village in the mountains :/ so no big stores)

I wish I could just buy a shitload of pear cider and drink myself silly.

where you thats there's no cider?

Living in the midst of Bavaria. Drinking anything but light beer or wheat beer here is frowned upon. So our stores don't have it (only the massively huge ones, and I live in a small village in the mountains :/ so no big stores)

I wish I could just buy a shitload of pear cider and drink myself silly.
That’s awful, get a pile of apples! Apple cider is my favourite.

I thought about making my own :unsure:
I would laugh at all those Lederhos'n-wearing simpletons drinking their beer.

edit: Is it easy to make your own?
Yeah it’s not hard like, I googled it once and made it. Wasn’t as nice as the bar but it was what I was happy to get at the time.

Yeah it’s not hard like, I googled it once and made it. Wasn’t as nice as the bar but it was what I was happy to get at the time.
I will trust you, because you are Irish.

I will always trust the Irish with alcohol-related matters.
Will return with updates of my failure/wasp nest.

Die verkaufen selbts hier sommersby appfeln cider und die andere heimatlosen specialen saft strongbow.....

You can mix about 100g of suger to 1l of appfelnsaft and du last das ein paar wochen 'fermentieren'...

HTH

Last edited:
Die verkaufen selbts hier sommersby appfeln cider und die andere hiematlose specialen saft strongbow.....

You can mix about 100g of suger to 1l of appfelnsaft and du last das ein paar wochen 'fermentieren'...

HTH
But you're in Russia, correct? That's because Russia is awesome, and Bavaria is very fascistoid when it comes to alcohol.

Can only get it at one place I know, and it's a huge mega-market for companies, called "Metro", if that is a term to you. Also that market is about a two-hour-drive from here.

Imagine the most hillbilly settlement you could possibly imagine, in the mountains with more cows than inhabitants, and more horses than cars - that's where I live :/

edit: But thanks for your tip, I might try that :)

Buy 5 litres of apple juice (not from concentrate, fresh - usually in the chiller aisle in most supermarkets) a kilo of sugar (brewing sugar if you can get it, if not just plain ol' sugar) some bread yeast from any supermarket (or high abv wine yeast if you have a homebrew shop) heat sugar up in water until dissolved, wait for it to cool, add apple juice and yeast, shake it all up, cover container with cloth with an elastic band over it to stop anything going into it, leave somewhere warm and dry for about two/three weeks, decant off and try not to disturb all the crud at the bottom, hey presto, you have ~ 8-12% "cider" / alcohol.

You can buy some finings to clear it up and get rid of all the dead yeast if you want a more polished final product. But if you want quick and easy, follow the above!

Buy 5 litres of apple juice (not from concentrate, fresh - usually in the chiller aisle in most supermarkets) a kilo of sugar (brewing sugar if you can get it, if not just plain ol' sugar) some bread yeast from any supermarket (or high abv wine yeast if you have a homebrew shop) heat sugar up in water until dissolved, wait for it to cool, add apple juice and yeast, shake it all up, cover container with cloth with an elastic band over it to stop anything going into it, leave somewhere warm and dry for about two/three weeks, decant off and try not to disturb all the crud at the bottom, hey presto, you have ~ 8-12% "cider" / alcohol.

You can buy some finings to clear it up and get rid of all the dead yeast if you want a more polished final product. But if you want quick and easy, follow the above!

Just nipping down Sainsburys...

I reckon I would quite happily swap my life in a shitty English town for a village in the Bavarian hills full of beer...
haha @ hills
dc15e1c9ec50105f_9cc6ae6268857c16@2x.jpg

but it is very pretty, here. I just miss drinking Cider :D