• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using recreationaly again after detoxing?

That's the worst part of it for me too, that hyper-stimulated burning feeling. It's a result of a lot of excess adrenaline. Clonidine gets rid of it completely for me.
Such a strange feeling... I had no idea adrenaline had anything to do with all this crap, I thought it was just the lack of endorphins causing pain instead of pain relief

It is possible to only use recreationally but one thing you have to keep in mind is that you are not stronger than the drug.

Such a strange feeling... I had no idea adrenaline had anything to do with all this crap, I thought it was just the lack of endorphins causing pain instead of pain relief

It's that too, but all this pain you never noticed because it was blocked by opiates. I'm glad you have decided against the recreational use for now... it is playing with fire like someone else said, but I believe they said like once or twice a year from oxymorphone (super powerful) and heroin to hydro... that is a huge difference. I am taking my own advise for sure... like they say take the advise you would give your best friend... of course that is always easier than done, but we are still doing great and were just reveling in how good we feel today (day two with no subs)... things are going really well. You are so close to feeling better it's not even funny, you will be to your goal in no time... and there are so many things out there to help ease all these withdraw pains... clonidine works wonders! And of course subs, sleep aids, simple ibuprofen, BC powders, muscle relaxers, etc. I'm surprised you haven't tried all these. Oh and I know it's hard to believe, but people would be amazed to see what drinking a shit ton of water can do for you too!

i quit using oxymorphone and heroin 3 years ago and stopped the bupe 2 years ago. since then i have taken hydros maybe 4 times (20-30mg) which was probably playing with fire but it seems to be something i can do now and then (and by now and then i mean maybe twice a year and probably shouldn't even be risking it). i don't advise it at all but i can't say i haven't had a blast those several times. brings back memories of the early days of opiate use, before it became a chore, i had pawned all my shit, and lost all of my real friends. haha

Man can I just say oxymorphone is one of a kind... I really used to love that shit... I'm tempted to say it's better than heroin. But what I wanted to say is, damn good for you!! Congrats, I did the week long bupe taper and am on day two of none of that either and I'm doing great as of now, still too early to tell especially since I've quit like ten times but I've only gotten this far twice... so I'm excited... :) I agree with you 100% on your MUCH later recreational use... that's not to bad of an idea at all, and hell it seems to work for you. I hope I can one day feel the memories of back before it was a chore (great reference btw) lol. Been there too, pawned all my shit, lost all real friends... so depressing... I'm actually waiting for this Friday to get my engagement ring out of pawn!!! :-( See this is all still fresh for me.

It's that too, but all this pain you never noticed because it was blocked by opiates. I'm glad you have decided against the recreational use for now... it is playing with fire like someone else said, but I believe they said like once or twice a year from oxymorphone (super powerful) and heroin to hydro... that is a huge difference. I am taking my own advise for sure... like they say take the advise you would give your best friend... of course that is always easier than done, but we are still doing great and were just reveling in how good we feel today (day two with no subs)... things are going really well. You are so close to feeling better it's not even funny, you will be to your goal in no time... and there are so many things out there to help ease all these withdraw pains... clonidine works wonders! And of course subs, sleep aids, simple ibuprofen, BC powders, muscle relaxers, etc. I'm surprised you haven't tried all these. Oh and I know it's hard to believe, but people would be amazed to see what drinking a shit ton of water can do for you too!

I haven't tried all those because I don't have any of them... Only Ambien and it isn't mine, so every time I take it I feel guilty..

Oh no, you can get all of that over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy, you just buy it. Except benzos of course. Vitamins and drinking tons of water (nobody believes me or thinks that's worth it) help a great deal too. Clonodine is a blood pressure med, I had a friend go to the ER for something totally undrug related, and the doc saw his arms and wrote him a script for it and said it was for detox! You can usually get subs from any dealer that deals in opiates.

Oh no, you can get all of that over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy, you just buy it. Except benzos of course. Vitamins and drinking tons of water (nobody believes me or thinks that's worth it) help a great deal too. Clonodine is a blood pressure med, I had a friend go to the ER for something totally undrug related, and the doc saw his arms and wrote him a script for it and said it was for detox! You can usually get subs from any dealer that deals in opiates.

I only knew one dealer and he sucked and he tried to raise the price 50% from one day to the next and I told him fuck you and haven't gotten hydro on 6 months.. I don't want subs or anything to substitute and clonodine is prescribed as well so I can't get that either... I'm not going to go to the ER... Also I don't want to take anything else, I just want to be clean.. I also stopped taking loperamide... only thing I'd still take is something for sleeping but that is only because I've been sleeping so little that I want to cry.. it's 9:14 am and I am fucking exhausted, but sleep is impossible... I took ambien last night but still slept like shit...

you are on day 2 right?

I only knew one dealer and he sucked and he tried to raise the price 50% from one day to the next and I told him fuck you and haven't gotten hydro on 6 months.. I don't want subs or anything to substitute and clonodine is prescribed as well so I can't get that either... I'm not going to go to the ER... Also I don't want to take anything else, I just want to be clean.. I also stopped taking loperamide... only thing I'd still take is something for sleeping but that is only because I've been sleeping so little that I want to cry.. it's 9:14 am and I am fucking exhausted, but sleep is impossible... I took ambien last night but still slept like shit...

you are on day 2 right?

I wasn't suggesting the ER or anything I just thought that was ironic... and I get you don't want anything else just to be clean. But theres nothing wrong with dayquil for pain and fever, or aleve. And you know hot baths for muscle and skin irritation... that shit really works. Try other things besides ambien, you can buy plenty of sleep aids at the grocery store, try melatonin but you might have to take a good bit, or Zzquil.

Yep, day 2 without subs and day 6 without H. :)

I wasn't suggesting the ER or anything I just thought that was ironic... and I get you don't want anything else just to be clean. But theres nothing wrong with dayquil for pain and fever, or aleve. And you know hot baths for muscle and skin irritation... that shit really works. Try other things besides ambien, you can buy plenty of sleep aids at the grocery store, try melatonin but you might have to take a good bit, or Zzquil.

Yep, day 2 without subs and day 6 without H. :)

Zzquil and all those OTC sleeping aids are like benadryl and they made the RLS worse, at least to me... I still took them a few days cause I needed to sleep at least a lil.... I'ts so weird but today I feel worse than yesterday, it's the fact that I am so fucking tired today...

again, itll only get better. even after the initial withdrawal, you're gonna feel a bit run down. when i stopped taking methadone there was no end in sight for me, i didn't sleep more than 45 mins per night for about 2 weeks. but i persevered and eventually got better. using even once would totally set back my recovery, not from the start, but definitely add to the long term misery of the whole affair.

again, itll only get better. even after the initial withdrawal, you're gonna feel a bit run down. when i stopped taking methadone there was no end in sight for me, i didn't sleep more than 45 mins per night for about 2 weeks. but i persevered and eventually got better. using even once would totally set back my recovery, not from the start, but definitely add to the long term misery of the whole affair.

Idk I'm about to buy one bag and get it tomorrow... I really don't think one day could throw me back into withdrawals, sure it risks addiction again... but if I'm strong enough to use only once, it is just fucking once

That's a big if, once u feel the way you will after that once dose man... and the withdrawal smackydowners is talking about it like 100x what you are goin through. Methadone is the worst possible withdrawal there is! Don't give up.

Well today I'm starting my quest to use responsibly... It's been 10 days exactly and I would say I was 99% normal already and since I don't trust myself yet I bought only 1lb of poppy seeds, which is much more expensive than buying in bulk... So anyway, after this I don't plan on using for at least 20 days... Hopefully I won't get any withdrawals from today, I do expect some discomfort though

YOU WERE ALL RIGHT, damn it.... It's now been 40 min since I started drinking my tea, haven't eve finished it and hasn't even peaked and I am in fucking heaven... Fuck the 20 days, fuck using again.. I have to completely stop, I feel too good to have self-control... I am so glad I only bought 1lb, If I had bought more I'd be using tomorrow and till I ran out... Well, now I see your point

Last edited:
How do you make the tea? I'm just curious.

I put the desired amount in a 2L bottle. Add water or lemonade. Shake for 1 minute, drain. Repeat process, the second strain is usually 30-40% strength of the first, which is worth it, imo.

I read in one of yours posts that you shake it for 3-5 minutes. Doesn't keeping it in that long turn the final result into a white-ish, nasty fluid?

How do you make the tea? I'm just curious.

I put the desired amount in a 2L bottle. Add water or lemonade. Shake for 1 minute, drain. Repeat process, the second strain is usually 30-40% strength of the first, which is worth it, imo.

I read in one of yours posts that you shake it for 3-5 minutes. Doesn't keeping it in that long turn the final result into a white-ish, nasty fluid?

I put a max of 10oz in a 1.89L Ocean Spray bottle because it is wider at the opening so it is easier to drain than let's say a Coke bottle, I just add enough water then to have the seeds suspended a few cms and then shake for 3 minutes and loosen the cap a bit and drain it that way.. so it is really simple

And no, the tea IME only turns into that white-ish nasty fluid once you let it sit there for a couple of hours, with 3 minutes that doesn't happen.. I've often wondered whether 3 minutes was overkill but I still do it that way.. For a while I mixed it with tang to drink but now I just drink it straight.. I only did the second wash the first few weeks and then I stopped

Today I used 16oz, a whole pound so I split it in 2, 8 oz and 8 oz so repeated the process twice.. I feel like when you put more than 10oz at a time it doesn't come as strong, so maybe that is where the second wash works best but I simply do it twice.. I usually just use 11 or 10oz to get high so this 16oz is a big dose for me but I feel great

Do you do all that adding lemon juice? I feel like it doesn't do anything.. Also don't you eventually end up with seeds everywhere, I do it in my bathroom and just have them freaking everywhere after a while, and then I step on them and just end up all over the room.. and they are so damn hard to clean

I was wondering too, doesn't it make you pee like a madman? This only happens to me when I use the first time after at least a day of being clean.. Like if I were to use tonight again I wouldn't pee that much, or tomorrow morning maybe, but if I wait a bit longer it's just nonstop peeing

Last edited:
And you get high as fuck with this tea?

Dude, you get high off morphine and codeine and other alkaloids present in the opium plant.. You get high off the residue surrounding the seeds... Idk why people don't believe in this... yes, it fucks me up bad... if you get the right seeds, meaning they haven't been treated to remove these alkaloids then you get high as fuck, at least when you don't have a tolerance like me

d1ahp has a lot of experience with this and he compared 1lb of good seeds with 40-50mg of oxy.. for someone who has only done hydro like me and has no tolrance, yes they fuck me up... In a way I might prefer this to hydro because of how long it lasts and for some reason it makes me nod more, with hdyro I almost never nod.. but this is more of a subtle high than hydro, this time it has hit me quite strong though

I put a max of 10oz in a 1.89L Ocean Spray bottle because it is wider at the opening so it is easier to drain than let's say a Coke bottle, I just add enough water then to have the seeds suspended a few cms and then shake for 3 minutes and loosen the cap a bit and drain it that way.. so it is really simple

And no, the tea IME only turns into that white-ish nasty fluid once you let it sit there for a couple of hours, with 3 minutes that doesn't happen.. I've often wondered whether 3 minutes was overkill but I still do it that way.. For a while I mixed it with tang to drink but now I just drink it straight.. I only did the second wash the first few weeks and then I stopped

Today I used 16oz, a whole pound so I split it in 2, 8 oz and 8 oz so repeated the process twice.. I feel like when you put more than 10oz at a time it doesn't come as strong, so maybe that is where the second wash works best but I simply do it twice.. I usually just use 11 or 10oz to get high so this 16oz is a big dose for me but I feel great

Do you do all that adding lemon juice? I feel like it doesn't do anything.. Also don't you eventually end up with seeds everywhere, I do it in my bathroom and just have them freaking everywhere after a while, and then I step on them and just end up all over the room.. and they are so damn hard to clean

I was wondering too, doesn't it make you pee like a madman? This only happens to me when I use the first time after at least a day of being clean.. Like if I were to use tonight again I wouldn't pee that much, or tomorrow morning maybe, but if I wait a bit longer it's just nonstop peeing

Yeah, I don't make as much of a mess as I used to...most of the time.

Citric acid(lemonade, lemon juice) does help extract a little more, but it's not a difference between a minivan and a Ferrari. A drop off coffee into the bottle before the shaking produces a slightly different high as well. I notice the contents of my stomach really make an impact on the high, I think it has to do with acidity. I put in enough fluid just to rise slightly above the seeds, it might extract less but I'm tired of drinking tons of liquid daily.

I usually use 14-17oz at a time, and I do find that putting a more than a pound in doesn't really equate to a better high.

I always use a 2L bottle with good results. Loosen the cap just enough to drain liquid without a ton of seeds.

Yeah, I don't make as much of a mess as I used to...most of the time.

Citric acid(lemonade, lemon juice) does help extract a little more, but it's not a difference between a minivan and a Ferrari. A drop off coffee into the bottle before the shaking produces a slightly different high as well. I notice the contents of my stomach really make an impact on the high, I think it has to do with acidity. I put in enough fluid just to rise slightly above the seeds, it might extract less but I'm tired of drinking tons of liquid daily.

I usually use 14-17oz at a time, and I do find that putting a more than a pound in doesn't really equate to a better high.

I always use a 2L bottle with good results. Loosen the cap just enough to drain liquid without a ton of seeds.

Yeah, I've always try to drink a monster after taking opiates since I feel it makes the high better, maybe it's placebo though... Does it make you pee more than usual or is it just me?.. I think I may have a small bladder or something because with beer it's the same thing, I pee WAY WAY more than almost everyone, same with caffeine, I just don't stop peeing with alcohol and caffeine... After the 3rd beer it's just non-stop.. I'm sure that the fact that I am always fully hydrated since I never stop drinking water throughout the day plays a role

caffeine and alcohol are both diuretics (they make you piss). so you gonna leave the opiates alone for a while?