• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using recreationaly again after detoxing?

Honestly, I don't think I could use only twice a week for a long time, I know I would cheat but I am thinking of just using next week and then(for now at least) be off... But at the same time I really do want to exercise, go back to going on long runs and while on opiates I have zero desire to do so...

I'm still certain I will not withdraw again, I am now on day 6th and I woke up thinking it was all gone but the fever came back about 2 hours later... I had to work today too and it's torture being on my feet when I have a fever.. I'm writing this from my phone on my break

If I finally do decide to use next week the challenge is going to be to keep it to one day, wait one do it for the second time and stop.. I intend to buy only 2lbs and to take half each day and say my goodbye.. I don't crave this even a fraction of what I crave hydro so I think it might be doable.. If I were talking about hydro it's be impossible... God I miss that shit, been 6 months.... I used to think "why the fuck can't hydro be sold OTC" and now I am so glad it is not or I could not stop myself

I guess all I can suggest is to post back on this thread when you become dependent again, so maybe we can have a good example to show the next guy.

Recreational use.

That about sums it up...there is NO way for you to use opiates in moderation, all recreational users, for the most part, just CANNOT make themselves use opiates responsibly, hell even many pain patients can't do it....it takes moxy for sure, and if I was a gambling man, which I ain't, i'd bet you ain't got the moxy.

Actually I KNOW you ain't got the moxy, I mean shit OP, your on day 5 of PST withdrawal, that's not even technically "clean" you still have conjugated morphine in your piss, and I would gamble on that one...

If you made it THIS FAR....why give in now?
If you'll give in, you'll give up, if you'll give up, then there isn't anything left.

Agree with you 100%.

I guess all I can suggest is to post back on this thread when you become dependent again, so maybe we can have a good example to show the next guy.

Well I still haven't decided what I am going to do, If I want them Tuesday I need to order them tomorrow and since I am not 100% yet I will not do that, I still feel like shit so I guess I won'y be using so soon after all...

I think you may have misread, since it is SO easy to get it,(the click of a button) it is harder for me to stop because in my mind I know I can get it the next day... and it is legal, so don't have to worry about the cops

This sort of reasoning and justifying is the definition of addiction, just so you know. You're obviously addicted if you're finding it so hard to say no to buying more.

I understand what you and everyone is saying and how in my position no one listens and all but I just know I will not get physically dependent(note I don't use the word addicted) again, I just know that... I don't really see what happened to me as having become addicted but as having PLAYED with it longer than I really could, that is all... Now, I WILL admit that I was addicted 100% to Hydro, but not this, and maybe this is why I am not getting any of the mental aspects of quitting, depression and anxiety which I sure did with hydro....

4 months ago I started drinking Whiskey and coke and actually liked it and I would tell everyone, shit this is dangerous you can get drunk so fast it is ridiculous, I even did it a bunch of times during my break at work, I got crazy drunk in 20 min.... and everyone thought I had a problem till I realized I had PLAYED enough and I stopped.. I really did, I have no touch whiskey in maybe 2 and half months, I don't keep track, and I haven't even touched a beer in 5 weeks. Now I will admit that opiates have a lot more control over me while I simply hate alcohol, but I did enjoy my nights getting drunk a lot, it was a lot of fun and it would always give me something to do while now I just have to stay home...

I simply know I will not every become physically dependent to this crap, I simply refuse to go through this again.. If I do use next week which I am now thinking maybe the week after, I really haven't decided, whatever I will not become dependent on it again

You asked for our advice, but you're getting very angry and defensive when we give it. If you don't want advice, please don't use up space asking for it. It kind of sounds like you are only open to the answer that you want to hear, but notice that not a single person here has given you the answer you were looking for. Please listen, as many people here have some really really good advice stemming from years of personal experience.

Ive mentioned more than a few times that Im doing just that after years of being clean. I only use for two days and the rest Im clean for the week and Ive been doing this for over a year. Im in withdrawal every week before anyone says Im not using enough or my seeds were bunk I withdrew from years of a huge every day habit multiple times and still didn't think it was so bad and trust me these were not bunk seeds. But anyways In my case its a monetary thing that I dont use every day because of drug tests I dont give fuck all about withdrawal for me withdrawal is part of opiate addiction and I almost get a sick satisfaction in it. Personally I dont recommend it I think Im unique.

Once you have had a full proper habit and get clean you are left with 'kindling' which never goes and it does not take much to get that fire going again.

were you able to use it recreationally before? No, that's why you're now kicking the habit. You will get addicted again if you use that fast after detoxing

I dont give fuck all about withdrawal for me withdrawal is part of opiate addiction and I almost get a sick satisfaction in it. Personally I dont recommend it I think Im unique.

I think you are lying to yourself, trying to justify the pain you're putting yourself through apparently 5 days a week for the rest of your life... That is simply insane.. I think this has been hell and what you go through every week is a million times worse...

You asked for our advice, but you're getting very angry and defensive when we give it. If you don't want advice, please don't use up space asking for it. It kind of sounds like you are only open to the answer that you want to hear, but notice that not a single person here has given you the answer you were looking for. Please listen, as many people here have some really really good advice stemming from years of personal experience.

Well I already knew what the answers would be like, maybe I was trying to convince myself not do it... What people have said hasn't really changed my mind, but what has is the pain I'm still in after 7 days... Nights are the worst for some reason, I wake up a million times feeling like crap, idk what it is this feeling... I think benadryl makes it worse which I took tonight, slept 2 hours and won't sleep again... I seem to be over the fevers at least but still feel like shit, I think I have simply run out of patience for feeling sick

Well if you have run out of patience for being sick, I wouldn't reccomend trying to be a recreational user...like the guy somewhere in this thread mentioned about going from being an addict to only using two days of the week... he's sick through the week if I read that correctly! To each his own but that sounds like hell to me... I do have weekend warrior friends and it works fine for them, they stay fucked up all weekend and then are fine and normal Monday thru Friday. May have a little of a shitty Monday morning but that's all. The difference with them is they have never been an addict. I could never do that. I might try getting high like once a year on my birthday... haven't decided yet but that's as far as I'd go! Getting through the sickness and detox is supposed to be a lesson learned. Besides, spending that money on something else will make you feel way better in the long run. Take a pretty girl to dinner. Much more worth it. ;-)

Just to let you to know. A decent quality PST is more powerful than hydrocodone. If you enjoy the PST high, hydrocodone will feel incomplete. Since with PST you're getting high off of many different alkaloids, whereas hydrocodone is just that, hydrocodone. Even Oxy/Percs feel empty to me in comparison to some good quality seeds.

Ok so forgive me for sounding niave, but this PST, poppy seed tea yea? I've never really heard of this method... from the tiny bit of googling I just did seems like not only is it legal, but not even bad for you health wise? So why is it such an ordeal? So am I wrong... and what could it really do for an experienced opiate user?

Ok so forgive me for sounding niave, but this PST, poppy seed tea yea? I've never really heard of this method... from the tiny bit of googling I just did seems like not only is it legal, but not even bad for you health wise? So why is it such an ordeal? So am I wrong... and what could it really do for an experienced opiate user?

It's an opiate just like all other opiates. You produce a tolerance and you have withdrawals when you stop. If you have a massive heroin habit, it won't do much for you but maybe keep you out of withdrawals, unless you get poppy pods, which are stronger than seeds. My tolerance is around 200mg of Oxy/day, but I prefer the PST.

Hahah idk where you read they are not damaging to your health thing... Sure there is a lot of skepticism going around and that's because unless you get the right seeds you won't really feel a thing.. If you buy them in a store they won't do anything, because they are washed and processed, you need to buy them bulk in amazon and so far I have tried 2 brands, the 2 most popular ones and one of them was nasty and made me vomit and I woke up the next day with all me eyes red and swollen, they had some nasty chemical... Now the other brand, which is the most popular one in amazon, it's called Sincerely Nuts (idk if this is not allowed but I'll post it anyway), is the one I used and it worked perfectly....

You're basically getting high of the residue left around the seeds which contains morphine, codeine and apparently a lot of other alkaloids... and the high lasts over 12 hours if you take enough, some people say 24 hours but it's very subtle after 12 hours or so.... This proves the internet is fucking stupid, how can anyone write that they are not bad for your health?? whoever wrote that is either in denial with his addiction, like me haha, or is trying to hurt people...

And to d1ahp, I just posted which seeds I use, Sincerely Nuts and idk if you got a even stronger, better brand that I do but these don't really compare to hydro to me, sure it lasts waaay longer but the effects aren't quite as strong.. or maybe I just don't remember how hydro felt that well since it's been 6 months... All I know is that like I've said a million times already since I am not getting anxiety or depression from quitting I kind of assumed they weren't as strong, although the physical symptoms have been way worse.. in fucking day 7 and I still feel like shit, seriously considering calling in to work, idk if I can do another 8 hours on my feet feeling like this

Also I don't quite agree with this "washed" term simply because once you let the seeds soak in water they start giving out a smell that is nasty and if they were really washed then they'd smell like that.. but somehow they are processed

Ohh and btw Psych_major, an experienced user like you PM'd me a few weeks ago asking which brand I used and I told her and she liked them a lot, which I feel guilty about :(, so you asked what they could do for someone like you, and the answer is a lot so it seems

Last edited:
Hahah idk where you read they are not damaging to your health thing... Sure there is a lot of skepticism going around and that's because unless you get the right seeds you won't really feel a thing.. If you buy them in a store they won't do anything, because they are washed and processed, you need to buy them bulk in amazon and so far I have tried 2 brands, the 2 most popular ones and one of them was nasty and made me vomit and I woke up the next day with all me eyes red and swollen, they had some nasty chemical... Now the other brand, which is the most popular one in amazon, it's called Sincerely Nuts (idk if this is not allowed but I'll post it anyway), is the one I used and it worked perfectly....

You're basically getting high of the residue left around the seeds which contains morphine, codeine and apparently a lot of other alkaloids... and the high lasts over 12 hours if you take enough, some people say 24 hours but it's very subtle after 12 hours or so.... This proves the internet is fucking stupid, how can anyone write that they are not bad for your health?? whoever wrote that is either in denial with his addiction, like me haha, or is trying to hurt people...

And to d1ahp, I just posted which seeds I use, Sincerely Nuts and idk if you got a even stronger, better brand that I do but these don't really compare to hydro to me, sure it lasts waaay longer but the effects aren't quite as strong.. or maybe I just don't remember how hydro felt that well since it's been 6 months... All I know is that like I've said a million times already since I am not getting anxiety or depression from quitting I kind of assumed they weren't as strong, although the physical symptoms have been way worse.. in fucking day 7 and I still feel like shit, seriously considering calling in to work, idk if I can do another 8 hours on my feet feeling like this

Also I don't quite agree with this "washed" term simply because once you let the seeds soak in water they start giving out a smell that is nasty and if they were really washed then they'd smell like that.. but somehow they are processed

I've actually had those seeds, among pretty much every other brand you can get online. They're definitely not the worst, but not the best either. For a non tolerant person, they'll be awesome. I found a local health store that sells them in bulk, and they happen to be unwashed. The strength is seasonal. The strongest seeds are around during the summer/fall. Winter is mostly bunk and then it slowly gets better as spring comes around. During the summer, though, it's fire.

EDIT: I think, and I'm just speculating, but I think they heat them up. Heat will destroy all the opiate alkaloids.

I've actually had those seeds, among pretty much every other brand you can get online. They're definitely not the worst, but not the best either. For a non tolerant person, they'll be awesome. I found a local health store that sells them in bulk, and they happen to be unwashed. The strength is seasonal. The strongest seeds are around during the summer/fall. Winter is mostly bunk and then it slowly gets better as spring comes around. During the summer, though, it's fire.

Yeah, figured you'd know them.. I looked everywhere around town and most stores were suspiciously out of them, so I decided to buy online, plus it was way cheaper... So far the quality has been pretty constant, but one batch was above average and it was awesome.... Have you tried Food To Live? those are the ones that gave me that bad reaction, they just smelled and tasted like chemicals, I only bought them cause Sincerely Nuts were out of stock... I strongly advise against buying Food To Live

Yeah, figured you'd know them.. I looked everywhere around town and most stores were suspiciously out of them, so I decided to buy online, plus it was way cheaper... So far the quality has been pretty constant, but one batch was above average and it was awesome.... Have you tried Food To Live? those are the ones that gave me that bad reaction, they just smelled and tasted like chemicals, I only bought them cause Sincerely Nuts were out of stock... I strongly advise against buying Food To Live

It is against the rules to source or brand name so a mod will probably edit it, unless you do it first.

But yeah I have, they had some horrible chemical smell to them. They also shipped me black sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds when I ordered from them once, never again.