• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using recreationaly again after detoxing?

It's hard to keep to using every once in a while only, but I hope that your plans go exactly as you intend them to. Though, past personal experiences of myself and others speak otherwise when it comes to occasional use, I think it's just silly to condemn someone and sentence them to addiction right away.

I agree.. I had problems stopping before because I'd go into withdrawal and just wanted to stop that.. but now that I'm past it I'm done, and while I will use from time to time I'm sure, I will not let myself become physically dependent again.. That is simply not going to happen

Just curious what opioid you are detoxing from??

I'm assuming it's something a lot stronger than plain leaf Kratom, am I right?

Just curious what opioid you are detoxing from??

I'm assuming it's something a lot stronger than plain leaf Kratom, am I right?

PST which is a lot stronger than people think, but I am over it though... suffered for 10 days and it was almost over 98% over maybe and used one day and it has now been 36 hurs and i am fine ! 100%!!

PST which is a lot stronger than people think, but I am over it though... suffered for 10 days and it was almost over 98% over maybe and used one day and it has now been 36 hurs and i am fine ! 100%!!

Congradulations and good for you for being strong but what is PST?

What does it stand for?

I hope it's not plain leaf Kratom cause if so it might be worse than I think but as it is I only take it 3 times a week but I think I should still cut back.....

Congradulations and good for you for being strong but what is PST?

What does it stand for?

I hope it's not plain leaf Kratom cause if so it might be worse than I think but as it is I only take it 3 times a week but I think I should still cut back.....

Poppy seed tea, it's basically like getting high off morphine, codeine and other alakloids in the opium plant except that these last for a mother fucking long time for some reason... yesterday I stayed high for at least 12 hours and then subtle effects for many more but I went to sleep and slept like 10 hours :))))))... the long half-life means the WD's suck and after only using it for 1.5 months I experienced 9 days of WD's including fever and pain everywhere

Poppy seed tea, it's basically like getting high off morphine, codeine and other alakloids in the opium plant except that these last for a mother fucking long time for some reason... yesterday I stayed high for at least 12 hours and then subtle effects for many more but I went to sleep and slept like 10 hours :))))))... the long half-life means the WD's suck and after only using it for 1.5 months I experienced 9 days of WD's including fever and pain everywhere

Yeah, Ive heard it is bad news and extremely addictive.

I can see why it would be enticing, sounds like the high would be very strong and can't deny it sounds interesting...but I'll make sure never to touch the stuff.

It's easy to go a bit too far even with Kratom but at least plain leaf isn't nearly as strong as that...

Yeah, Ive heard it is bad news and extremely addictive.

I can see why it would be enticing, sounds like the high would be very strong and can't deny it sounds interesting...but I'll make sure never to touch the stuff.

It's easy to go a bit too far even with Kratom but at least plain leaf isn't nearly as strong as that...

I have taken a lot of that kratom today and I don't think I've felt anything, maybe a lil now but it's way too subtle...

Yeah that PST is serious shit, I might prefer it over hydro simply because of how long it lasts... Yesterday's dose, 1 lb of it, made me feel like I was in fuckin heaven... luckily I was done with WD's so I'm not needing more to avoid WD and therefore I can stay clean easily

Today is my second day using recreationaly since I quit.... I did 10 days off it, used last tuesday and back today, tuesday.... So far I've been buying only 1lb of seeds at a time which is a waste of money, simply cause I don't trust myself yet...

I've noticed that both times I've felt so much better than when I was doing it all the time.. Idk if it is tolerance or what but it's awesome... Right now it's been 30 min and I'm in fucking heaven, haven't even finished drinking it yet... Clearly PST has raised my tolerance because Saturday I took 90mg of codeine which a few months back would make me feel awesome and instead, this time I felt absolutely nothing

So anyway, so far I've been managing to use recreationaly, yeah it's only the 2 time but so far so good

Fuck I feel awesome, why the fuck can't a magic pill exist that would take WD away instantly so that addiction is not a problem? What the fuck are scientists working on!!?? this is a priority

It's almost too intense right now, I'm also dosing higher than before, 1lb because I don't want any left over... that's 16oz, I'd dose 11oz at the most before haha

Yeah, PST is much more enjoyable if used once a week. Doing it everyday quickly loses its charm.

And yes, PST is more powerful than all the lower end opiates like codeine, tramadol and hydrocodone. I find it to be more euphoric than even morphine or oxy because of all the alkaloids in it.

Yeah, PST is much more enjoyable if used once a week. Doing it everyday quickly loses its charm.

And yes, PST is more powerful than all the lower end opiates like codeine, tramadol and hydrocodone.

Is it really more powerful that hydro? I used to love my hydro.. fuck I hope it didn't lose its charm

Question for you man... Since I know you've been doing it very often for a while now, do you still feel great or just normal? I remember by the end of my 2month stretch that I'd still like it but could never replicate that first day, and now I have haha..

Also, how much do you use at a time... ? how many oz, grams? I know you don't use Sincerely Nuts anymore but still

Fuck I feel awesome, why the fuck can't a magic pill exist that would take WD away instantly so that addiction is not a problem?

It's almost too intense right now, I'm also dosing higher than before, 1lb because I don't want any left over... that's 16oz, I'd dose 11oz at the most before haha

You're one mixed up kid.

You're one mixed up kid.

Really? how the fuck am I mixed up? I can guarantee you, we would all love a pill you take every morning that takes WD's away so you are basically never physically addicted...

And I don't want left overs so I don't use again till I decide too... so I'm not tempted... It's smart what I'm doing.. getting super fucked up but only once a week

And idk why you always feel the need to be an asshole... makes no sense

Last edited:
So I keep on finding out how right all of you were on how it is impossible to use responsibly...
After quitting for 10 days I used once, got a bit of WD's and after 7 days used again, and after 3 days again and now, 2 days later, I have ordered 3lbs which I get Tuesday and plan to use Tuesday and then both Thursday and Friday that I'm off

I woke up today realizing that I was going back to being addicted and had to stop and instead I buy enough to binge for 3-4 days... I really have to fucking stop, simply cannot use responsibly but it's so hard when it's so easily available... Hopefully, I won't get bad WD's again, in fact I seriously doubt it but I really have to stop for real this time

My issue with using 'recreationally' is that the negative effects seem to be too pronounced, once you've been seriously addicted. I'm not attempting to use recreationally, rather - I'm at the tail-end of a spout of heavy use, where I'm, tapering isn't the right word, petering out perhaps, basically - at the moment I'm using heroin roughly once a fortnight and just using a relatively small amount. At the moment, it works out that I'm currently using less in two months, than I was previously using in a single day, which should be a huge achievement, and in a sense it is, however - it is still surprisingly disrupting to my life. I find now, compared to many many years ago where I could use one night and feel pleasant, if a little tired, the following day. Now- I use one night, I feel completely rotten the next day and perhaps the next and next after that too, after just using for one night. And then I still get stuck in cycles, like - I feel so awful I end up buying some codeine to get me across the line so I can go to work, but then I get stuck in the cycle of codeine for the whole fucking week, so I find then each weekend is shit because I am 'drying out' and feeling restless.

I really don't think it's physiologically possible to go back to recreational use, at least - not without suffering for it far more than the value of the high. And at the point you're sacrificing more than you're gaining, it's pretty hard to argue you don't have a problem.

Yeah, I feel what you are saying... I've noticed that I'm never 100% when I'm off opiates, and the days that I am off, I'm all the time thinking about my next dose... After these 3lbs I really need to stop and get my life together...

It's so stupid though because right now I have a tiny bit of WD's going on but nothing too bad at all... I just know I'm not 100% an I could easily never touch an opiate again and go back to feeling normal but instead I will use 3-4 times this week which will prolly bring a bit of WD's worse than what I have now, so I'm trading a few days of feeling great for guaranteed feeling like shit for a 3-4 days too.. so stupid

Man I've been off heroin a year and a half. I tapered off with suboxone in two months and I haven't touched an opiate in 16 months. Well I did snort a couple lines of suboxone, but that was a rare chance, cause I'm in rehab. So yeah, a year and a half and I'm still struggling with the desire to use once in a while. I haven't done it cause I'm in rehab, but I'm afraid I will after I'm out. Even after all this time I'm afraid one night of H will turn me into a fiend again.

Reading your posts before was like remembering my naive self two years ago. I would taper off dope with suboxone, be clean for a week and then use "just once" cause I was tired of feeling lethargic. Every time I found a reason to relapse again. Often because it wasn't quite as satisfying as I expected. Now that my tolerance is gone I probably wouldn't have that problem….

*snipped* I'm afraid that falls under sourcery business, even quasi legal things are off limits, I'm afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
Even after all this time I'm afraid one night of H will turn me into a fiend again.

Happens all the time, i went clean for over 2 years, really clean - to the point of never even really talking about it any more, that kind of thing. Then - one stupid night, drunk - with the wrong people, the wrong conversation, then BANG - on like donkey kong