• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Use Of LSD On The Underage Brain

Hello bluelighters, I’m currently 16 and have taken lsd 5-6 times, the dose being 100ug to 275ug. I’m interested to hear about long term affects any of you have experienced. I would love to continue my use of psychedelics but I’m worried about long term cognitive decline. Most say a big worry is having a bad trip but I have had multiple bad trips and came out on the other side with just enough fascination as when I went in. I’m just unsure of the long term affects on the brain since there are few studies depicting this.

Thank you in advance for your replies
Well personally, I honestly don't believe that relatively heavy psychedellic use necesarrily leads to any form of mental decline or lack of acuity.

Obviously, there is a line to be drawn.

Myself, I have taken an average of around 280ug lsd per week, last 13 months.

I have not felt or witnrssed a decline in my cognitive abilities at all. I would like to suggest even the opposite.

Psychedellics are amazing in the sense that, "on papar" lol, they are as safe as can be.

It is about staying mentally rooted, enjoying and benefitting from the practice, ideally IMO with personal development at the heart.

Well personally, I honestly don't believe that relatively heavy psychedellic use necesarrily leads to any form of mental decline or lack of acuity.

Obviously, there is a line to be drawn.

Myself, I have taken an average of around 280ug lsd per week, last 13 months.

I have not felt or witnrssed a decline in my cognitive abilities at all. I would like to suggest even the opposite.

Psychedellics are amazing in the sense that, "on papar" lol, they are as safe as can be.

It is about staying mentally rooted, enjoying and benefitting from the practice, ideally IMO with personal development at the heart.
how old are you if you don’t mind me asking

It's possible I'm traumatised from the time I did DOB and felt like I was going to be high forever. It was a master feat to keep myself calm at that point.
Positive affirmations, backed up strongly by belief, are golden. Psychedellics give you, in a sense- the reigns!

An opportunity to set afresh.

So really, the most important factor, in my opinion, is keeping a clear and robust and positive state of mind.

125ug tonight has been a really lovely trip. Great dose, different to 250, 300, but no less in many ways.

Last edited:
how old are you if you don’t mind me asking
Not at all. 40 year old male. Natural born psychonaut, I took around 35,00 ecstasy pills 1996 to 2005, then Lyme Disease stopped me in all my tracks in life and turned it into upside down mayhem.

Positive affirmations, backed up strongly by belief, are golden. Psychedellics give you, in a sense- the reins!

An opportunity to set afresh.

So really, the most important factor, in my opinion, is keeping a clear and robust and positive state of mind.

125ug tonight has been a really lovely trip. Great dose, different to 250, 300, but no less in many
i don’t really like low doses personably it just leaves me in a weird place so either i take 10-75 ug or 200+

Not at all. 40 year old male. Natural born psychonaut, I took around 35,00 ecstasy pills 1996 to 2005, then Lyme Disease stopped me in all my tracks in life and turned it into upside down mayhem.
How is your present situation

How is your present situation
Well, Lyme Disease Destroyed my immune system and nervous system 15 yeats ago, made me allergic to 99% of all things, and took away all possibility to live any sort of normal active functional healthy life ever since.

Massive MDMA past usage, if my cursed allergies, infections and the rest were put simply back to "normal" tomorrow....that MDMA usage would not stop me living I happy and comfortable life.

Regarding psychedelic I feel very firmly set in myself and well grounded. But I was born a deep thinker and just naturally handle psychedellivs very well.

Absolutely! The mental battle in doing so when faced with difficulty during a trip is interesting. I wish I could write down the thoughts in my head when I'm stood there, trying my hardest not to let the dark anxiety get the best of me.

It's interesting.

Absolutely! The mental battle in doing so when faced with difficulty during a trip is interesting. I wish I could write down the thoughts in my head when I'm stood there, trying my hardest not to let the dark anxiety get the best of me.

It's interesting.
The minor details are irrelevant in ways. Integration is essentially the unconscious taking all of these lessons on board, over time- the higher self.

It is never lost, just that we aren't conscious of it, by nature and necessity.

Woah, I thought I rolled a lot. Those were the exact fucking years too.

To OP. Dunno. I hate a shit ton of acid starting at 15 years of age. Rolls came a few years later. Ate rolls and tripped like crazy all through high school and early 20's. It slid right into a heroin addiction. Would need the dope to recover from all the rolls I did that weekend.

I certainly did not turn stupid from it. Only beer and benzos made me stupid.

As for my friends, they all did the same. And they are all fine for the most part (the ones that managed to avoid heroin addiction). All addicts still in some way, though. Only a few brain dead that are on too many meds. And they were really brain dead to start I think.

Stuff may be different these days, though. I think the acid in the 90's was pretty safe. We all ate that shit. Even during school. Hell, there were parties every Sunday night. We would go straight from the rave to school.

Rolls are more dangerous than acid I can say that much. I would not eat any acid or roll these days. Only mushrooms.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound like a D.A.R.E. officer

Speaking of D.A.R.E. I saw some D.A.R.E. guy in front of a store a week ago. I went up to him out of curiosity and was like "dude, you guys still exist?". I actually had a long friendly convo with him. Was a young college dude.

D.A.R.E. obviously never worked and was a product of Reagen "Just say no" rhetoric.

IDK was funny to me. He had no idea how much of a drug addict I was and commented on my Tool t-shirt said it was cool.

The whole thing was funny to me. I was nice to him. He probably had no idea how much of druggy I am. lol

I wished him well. I hope he was getting paid and not just a volunteer.

If you're really so concerned with cognitive function fuck off with the alcohol, continue fucking off with the MDMA, and pray that the acid doesn't unexpectedly snap you like a twig.

Fuck's sake....we could have saved 6 pages. ;)

Speaking of D.A.R.E. I saw some D.A.R.E. guy in front of a store a week ago. I went up to him out of curiosity and was like "dude, you guys still exist?". I actually had a long friendly convo with him. Was a young college dude.

I didn't know there were people out in the streets. We had cops back in the early 90s come talk to us in school. Never had street folk on the corners. I would have loved to have a convo with one such as this.

So wtf?

A bit of background: I'm a street talker. I meet random people in the street....I yap. Mostly homeless people, obviously, because they're the ones who are always approaching people, as they beg. I almost always sit and talk to these people. I love meeting new people.

I would absolutely cry* if I ran into a D.A.R.E. person. It would be fun, I reckon.

*--Possibly shed a tear. Probably not. Just exaggeration for emphasis on how stoked I'd be.