• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Use Of LSD On The Underage Brain

it should not be an issue, but even crossing the street can be a life changer, or catching a football can change your life forever,
look both ways and see ya later.

best not to compete with being ridiculous.
the world is plenty ridiculous

In my opinion MDMA is much more detrimental to a developing mind. I was one of the unlucky ones who suffered a LTC before anyone spoke about it. I had all the symptoms; depression, anxiety, severe sleep disturbance, cognitive problems, dizziness, extreme social anxiety and a rapid decline in self esteem. I was tormented day and night with intrusive thoughts of my friends and peers saying every imaginable nasty or negative thing about me until I believed it to be reality. This went on for over a year and the worst part was that none of my friends believed you could suffer such effects from MDMA. I was told it was all in my head.

It wasn't untill years later that people started talking about long term comedowns on Bluelight and I realized I wasn't alone. I wish I could adequately describe how horrible and alone I felt. I wound up developing a life long addiction to opiates as I struggled to cope with the symptoms.

Be careful my young friend.
Did you make a full recovery to where you felt the same as before you did MDMA? The main ones for me is the social anxiety, self esteem, cognitive problems, and unable to feel genuine happiness and excitement, and Im almost 13 months clean dealing with these issues. Its gotten heaps better but still not close to what I was before.

Without coming across as a preachy ass motherfucker, everything in moderation is a good place to start! Foodwise, drugswise, sexsise, bungeejumpingwise, etc. Thing is, your brain isn’t completely formed & finished until your early 20’s, so my few cents says wait, work on yourself as a person, get yourself into sorted and centred place, then indulge. And grow. But then, the fact that brain is not finished (especilly the areas prtaining to consequence) means the younger you are, the more likely you are to engage the to hell with it & full throttle option!

I waited until I was 40 before entering into psychedelics and cannabis, and all my experiences without exception have been deep, mind blowing and highly spiritual. But then my motivation has never been escapism, disassociation or relief from bodily or mental suffering or pain. Life and consciousness surely do hurt and are age old reasons to get solidly fucked up, but if you are in a state or self love and self respect, even basic tourism motives can take you beyond a Friday night story.

No intent here to knock other motives.

looking back I will say that my cannabis use lowered my performance in life more than my lsd use.
I think my cannabis use made me miss opportunities.
I preferred to be stoned and relaxing than getting a phd, and a phd could have helped a lot.

There is absolutely no evidence of that (talking about the psychosis/schizophrenia) part

I was diagnosed with tryptamine induced schizophrenia by a psychiatrist/neurologist. I'm gonna jot that down as 'evidence'.

There is definitely a correlation. There is evidence/studies everywhere.

we could do a study to follow the influence that any diagnosis can have on patients when made by nurses, doctors, psychiatrists, lawyers, etc.

my guess is that psychiatric diagnosis is the most arbitrary and the most influential on people lives in general. It used to be priests, and shamans who had that type of power.

are we better off? yes, probably.
does that substantiate diagnosis? no.

I was diagnosed with tryptamine induced schizophrenia by a psychiatrist/neurologist. I'm gonna jot that down as 'evidence'.

There is definitely a correlation. There is evidence/studies everywhere.

It doesn't even make sense as to why psychedelics and schizophrenia would have a correlation, they're neurologically opposing states, in fact psychedelics are closer to mania in many regards than schizophrenia.

Some rare people become depressed after psychedelic use, this does not mean that psychedelics cause, or even expose people to developing depression.

I did a lot of lsd starting at 15, probably more than average and kept that up a long while.. now I'm uber sensitive to it and have hppd. Those trips though some of the best memories of my life though, great time to use it, probably bad advice though

It doesn't even make sense as to why psychedelics and schizophrenia would have a correlation, they're neurologically opposing states, in fact psychedelics are closer to mania in many regards than schizophrenia.

Some rare people become depressed after psychedelic use, this does not mean that psychedelics cause, or even expose people to developing depression.
Again, I was diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia and psychedelics played a massive role in it's development. I'm gonna trust more in my actual doctor. My symptoms fluctuate and relapse in correlation with my psychedelic use. Psychedelics are closer to mania?? schizo and psychedelics are "opposite states"... Doesn't mean there is not a correlation or lack of causation

Look, I'm not saying psychedelics were the ONLY cause in my case, but it was definitely a cause. My serotonergic system is damaged. Due to the drugs...

Do you think my neurologist who also studied psychedelics was wrong? Am I wrong? Do I not actually have schizophrenia? Do YOU actually have a better idea of what's going on in my brain based on one article with a simple extrapolation of data?

You know what man? Let's just go into the DSM-5 and completely erase the page on drug induced schizophrenia. The DSM is wrong!

Frankly I think it's silly you would simultaneously call me a liar, my doctor an idiot, the DSM-5 is wrong apparently and say that LSD is incapable of causing mental illness. You're seriously misinterpreting the situation.

Drugs and psychedelics are not harmless. Sorry to burst your psychedelic loving drugs are perfect bubble?

Also, for the record, please do not go around telling people their diagnosis isn't real. It's not a very cool thing to do. You're going to step on some toes...

Last edited:
Again, I was diagnosed with a form of schizophrenia and psychedelics played a massive role in it's development. I really don't give a shit what you think. I'm gonna trust more in my actual doctor. My symptoms fluctuate and relapse in correlation with my psychedelic use. Psychedelics are closer to mania?? schizo and psychedelics are "opposite states"... yeah ok man, sure

Look, I'm not saying psychedelics were the ONLY cause in my case, but it was definitely a cause. My serotonergic system is damaged. Due to the drugs...

Do you think my neurologist who also studied psychedelics was wrong? Am I wrong? Do I not actually have schizophrenia? Do YOU actually have a better idea of what's going on in my brain based on one article with a simple extrapolation of data?

You know what man? Let's just go into the DSM-5 and completely erase the page on drug induced schizophrenia. The DSM is wrong!!! Drug induced schizophrenia DOES NOT EXIST. YOU'VE HEARD IT HEAR FIRST!!!! PURGE!!!

Frankly I think it's silly you would simultaneously call me a liar, my doctor an idiot, the DSM-5 is wrong apparently and say that LSD is incapable of causing mental illness. You're seriously misinterpreting the situation.

Drugs and psychedelics are not harmless. Sorry to burst your psychedelic loving drugs are perfect bubble?

Also, for the record, please do not go around telling people their diagnosis isn't real. It's not a very cool thing to do. You're going to step on some toes... and you might as well be going around telling mentally retarded people they're normal human beings because the internet said so.
You know you could just link me the studies claiming what you're saying?

Drug induced psychosis is real, and there have been cases where drugs, including psychedelics, have been the central event to a psychotic episode. This is not the same as there being a correlation between psychedelics and psychosis. If there were, there would exist scientific documentation of it. But there isn't. Yelling at me with a font size that's larger than both of my hands isn't going to change it.
My serotonergic system is damaged.
Well that's a little iffy. Do you actually have any proof that your serotonergic system is "damaged"? And no, feeling upset or asocial or anything like that doesn't mean that this is the case.

schizo and psychedelics are "opposite states"... yeah ok man, sure
Why write a rant that long if you aren't even willing . Psychedelics and schizophrenic states have several opposing things (for an example schizophrenia is associated with decreased pattern recognition, psychedelics with enhanced), only someone like Nancy Reagan would think that they are similar

Do you think my neurologist who also studied psychedelics was wrong?
Well considering that psychedelics education is still in it's infancy, and was probably non-existent when this guy "studied psychedelics", there's a good chance that he is wrong

Through the entirity of this discussion you have been a lot more hostile to me than I am to you, you are accusing me of accusing that you are a liar, something that I haven't done, you are accusing me that I am somehow challenging the authority of the great DSM-5 (???), I get that this is a sensitive topic to you, but the only thing you can really say is "psychedelics had adverse effects to me", not that "psychedelics and adverse effects are correlated".

You know you could just link me the studies claiming what you're saying?

Drug induced psychosis is real, and there have been cases where drugs, including psychedelics, have been the central event to a psychotic episode. This is not the same as there being a correlation between psychedelics and psychosis. If there were, there would exist scientific documentation of it. But there isn't. Yelling at me with a font size that's larger than both of my hands isn't going to change it.

Well that's a little iffy. Do you actually have any proof that your serotonergic system is "damaged"? And no, feeling upset or asocial or anything like that doesn't mean that this is the case.

Why write a rant that long if you aren't even willing . Psychedelics and schizophrenic states have several opposing things (for an example schizophrenia is associated with decreased pattern recognition, psychedelics with enhanced), only someone like Nancy Reagan would think that they are similar

Well considering that psychedelics education is still in it's infancy, and was probably non-existent when this guy "studied psychedelics", there's a good chance that he is wrong

Through the entirity of this discussion you have been a lot more hostile to me than I am to you, you are accusing me of accusing that you are a liar, something that I haven't done, you are accusing me that I am somehow challenging the authority of the great DSM-5 (???), I get that this is a sensitive topic to you, but the only thing you can really say is "psychedelics had adverse effects to me", not that "psychedelics and adverse effects are correlated".
I was in a bad mood earlier I apologize, but I'm not going to debate this. I also had a prolonged psychosis but the doctor officially diagnosed schizophrenia induced by psychedelics. I don't need to prove anything because this is already standard knowledge. Psychedelics can cause schizophrenia, which is a broad category of symptoms. I've also recovered from many of the symptoms over time.

I was in a bad mood earlier I apologize, but I'm not going to debate this. I also had a prolonged psychosis but the doctor officially diagnosed schizophrenia induced by psychedelics. I don't need to prove anything because this is already standard knowledge. Psychedelics can cause schizophrenia, which is a broad category of symptoms. I've also recovered from many of the symptoms over time.
I think he might be right snafu... people don't tend to heal from schizophrenia but get wworse.

As for psychedelics and psychosis correlation I'd say without a doubt it's what I'd suspect

I think he might be right snafu... people don't tend to heal from schizophrenia but get wworse.

As for psychedelics and psychosis correlation I'd say without a doubt it's what I'd suspect
I'm gonna trust my neurologist and symptoms on this one.

I think it's weird people don't want to believe I have schizophrenia symptoms?

I really don't care what anyone says... I know what I was diagnosed with. I was literally there when it happened.. I took APs for years. High dose risperidone... so...

Sorry if I get a little touchy if people straight up call me a liar about the worst fucking thing that's ever happened to me. So yeah...

Last edited:
I just get really tired of people doubting what I am going through, and what I went through. It's a button of mine. I'm sorry if it doesn't fit into your armchair opinions on the subject.

I'm gonna trust my neurologist and symptoms on this one.

I think it's weird people don't want to believe I have schizophrenia symptoms?

I really don't care what anyone says... I know what I was diagnosed with. I was literally there when it happened.. I took APs for years. High dose risperidone... so...

Sorry if I get a little touchy if people straight up call me a liar about the worst fucking thing that's ever happened to me. So yeah...
Not calling you a liar but a doctor can put anything under the diagnosis section of their forms/computer system

Not calling you a liar but a doctor can put anything under the diagnosis section of their forms/computer system
I know, but I doubt they're in the business of trolling patients and making up diagnosis, especially since he was $250/hr.

I'm sorry for yelling. Maybe I'm not explaining correctly, but I'm not wrong.

Well I do accept your apology, but I would just still like to point out for the sake of science that a link between the two has not yet been established, and brain studies do show that they are many ways opposite states