View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Use Of LSD On The Underage Brain

Haha.

Totally remember him.

They had these mcgruff safe houses too. I never went to one, but if anyone was messing with you (pedos and shit) you were supposed to run to one. lol.

I don't think they do it any longer. This was 85-93 type of stuff. Not even cell phones back then. You were taught if anyone offers you candy or something like that to run to a safe house.

The mcgruff dog ran parallel to DARE. But the dog was more for child safety / protection where DARE was to keep us away from drugs.

Its funny since used to sell candy door to door when I was a kid. Was a program to keep kids off drugs and the streets. We would get done 8pm cash in hand and right away go buy cigarettes, beer, and weed. lol.

Yeah, we had Neighbourhood Watch houses during those same years. I'm guessing we're about the same age.

Hello bluelighters, I’m currently 16 and have taken lsd 5-6 times, the dose being 100ug to 275ug. I’m interested to hear about long term affects any of you have experienced. I would love to continue my use of psychedelics but I’m worried about long term cognitive decline. Most say a big worry is having a bad trip but I have had multiple bad trips and came out on the other side with just enough fascination as when I went in. I’m just unsure of the long term affects on the brain since there are few studies depicting this.

Thank you in advance for your replies
I've had a horrid experience with what was likely a research chemical at 14. On a dose meant for 4 people. Sent me to some dark places.
edit: the thread is in my profile

youth is wasted on the youth. (maybe not!)

but nothing is permanent, not youth, nor effects of LSD.

it's best to learn as much as you can about nature, biology, and the world,
and keep on learning, rather than letting LSD shock you into acting like a broken hinge.

I find that the people who warn about permanent damage are themselves attempting to find something permanent, and nothing is permanent.
and so the creaking hinges of fear moan on and on.

D.A.R.E shirts were peak rave fashion for a time.. ah the good old days =D
I've never been into dressing in very fashionable ways, not my mode of expression, but I've always been a big fan looking in from the outside. It would be fascinating to see a photo documentation of the ways that rave fashion has evolved over the years.

D.A.R.E shirts were peak rave fashion for a time.. ah the good old days =D
I've never been into dressing in very fashionable ways, not my mode of expression, but I've always been a big fan looking in from the outside. It would be fascinating to see a photo documentation of the ways that rave fashion has evolved over the years.

From what I can tell, it's gone sort of full circle. It got to be its craziest when the rave scene got to be its craziest, which around these parts anyway was 15-25 years ago. It's now back to being nothing special, like when it all started.

Man, I can't wait for the next one. I'm jonesing some choons in a dark room and meeting people. This plague can fuck right off.

but nothing is permanent, not youth, nor effects of LSD.
I agree with you on this, in a materialistic sense.

But in my mind, the effect lsd has on consciousness is unavoidably permanent, by it's sheer nature.

It's ultimately what makes lsd what it is, and warrants both the respect and caution.

Some things can simply never be undone. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. But it can have caveats. Love that word actually.

Good you're asking. I first dosed maybe a couple years younger than you are now. I feel like I did it so sparsely and less than maybe a dozen times during my teen and even early 20s years of this mad story. I knew people who took much more. I have also met older people who took acid when they were younger and like I am asking myself what they honestly got from it but hey not judging everyone is on their own thing and I don't hold myself higher than another.

By know older people i mean two at work and it isn't like the most uplifting shindig in some respects but this isn't about me or them. It's me observing what prolific acid use actually did for these people because I am not seeing something I want to emulate into my old age if I even make it lol.

Yet we have an example like Ram Dass who was completely tuned into something very spiritual and perhaps due to his encounters with psychedelics.

I will shut up now. That was uncalled for. I also like reading scientific minds write about high dose LSD experiences in a very lucid and insightful manner.

Last edited:

But in my mind, the effect lsd has on consciousness is unavoidably permanent, by it's sheer nature.

I don't mean to be a dick but do you maybe think that might have something to do with continued use? ;)

I know I came in kind of hard and abstinence-y, which isn't helpful, but I do know a few people that deeply regret their teenage acid use and feel like it was the catalyst for permanent, decades-long mental health problems. Not a full, permanent, psychotic break or schizophrenia but lifelong de-realization and dissociative episodes, that kind of thing. I also know many more who have turned out fine.

LSD in lower doses is arguably good for cognition as an adult, and likely even in higher doses as long you don't have a difficult trip that triggers mental health complications. It's not 'damaging' like MDMA, alcohol, dissociatives, or heavy stimulant abuse.

Until your brain growth has plateaued, though, the risk of scrambling your eggs is definitely higher.

If you're going to use keep the doses moderate and infrequent and don't dose when you run the risk of having to interact with teachers, parents, peers, cops. Once the switch flips and the trip turns paranoid or otherwise bad it's no good.

I'm telling you....all we needed up in this piece was you.

😂 I'm coming from a place of having completely toasted myself through life on one thing or another, losing my nut a few times (as an adult), and generally not following my own advice.

Well, yeah, of course us degens are going to be most concerned about the youth following in our footsteps. ;)

It's bad when you live it. It's worse when you see others live it.

youth is wasted on the youth. (maybe not!)
how can we avoid wasting our youth
and do the same for others?

I like your name like less is more beginning cultivating one's garden winning
for better music time

great sir I say hello and reach out for assisting the earth :giggle:

It's ultimately what makes lsd what it is, and warrants both the respect and caution.

Some things can simply never be undone. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. But it can have caveats. Love that word actually.
not some things, all things cannot be undone. any attempt to revise history is insane.
the effect of lsd on the brain is temporary, but the memory of the experience lasts until memory fades which can be never.
how can we avoid wasting our youth
and do the same for others?

I like your name like less is more beginning cultivating one's garden winning
for better music time

great sir I say hello and reach out for assisting the earth :giggle:
I was just kidding. the whole idea of experience of any kind being a waste or of less value than some other experience is a misalignment of awareness.
I am not talking about morality in this joke about lack of awareness.
- the sanity or healthiness of a choice should be considered to ensure moral outcome, but youth is youth and the saying about youth being wasted is a joke, sorry.

I was diagnosed with drug induced schizophrenia from abusing psychedelics as well as not taking care of my body. LSD is not harmless.
Plenty of great advice in this thread; just wanted to address this. No drugs 'induce' schizophrenia, no matter what any quack doctor might say. I'd be willing to bet a lot that your family has schizophrenia somewhere down the genetic line, it's not a mental illness that you can 'get' like being depressed or having PTSD. I feel for you, my wife didn't have her first trip until she was 27 because her grandfather was schizophrenic and we wanted to be sure she was in the clear (the illness typically rearing its head in one's early to mid-20s). I just wanted to point out, in case anyone who wasn't aware was reading this in passing, that LSD does not "induce" schizophrenia; rather, if you're gonna become schizophrenic it can help speed along the process (along with weed, mushies, amps, booze, anything really).

OP, you should hold off on further tripping until you're 20+ years of age. I started at 19 and felt that was still a bit early.

Quick update for anybody who cares. Really wasn’t planning on quitting lsd or any drug for that matter just reducing my use. Somehow the idea just popped into my head that I was just gonna quit so here we are. I’m still finna smoke n shit but I’m done seeking out drugs, going out of my way to buy large amounts or even buying them at all. Not quitting forever just for a few years as to minimize any damage done.

not some things, all things cannot be undone. any attempt to revise history is insane.
the effect of lsd on the brain is temporary, but the memory of the experience lasts until memory fades which can be never.

I was just kidding. the whole idea of experience of any kind being a waste or of less value than some other experience is a misalignment of awareness.
I am not talking about morality in this joke about lack of awareness.
- the sanity or healthiness of a choice should be considered to ensure moral outcome, but youth is youth and the saying about youth being wasted is a joke, sorry.
Well, I think we agree on that. I mean, every experience has an effect on us at the time, conscious or unconscious, shaping and sculpting our mindset, personality, development and future.

I regard LSD as very physically safe. But the remarkable and IMO still underappreciated thing about it- no matter what, regardless of what you tell yourself, every time you take LSD it is having an effect on your consciousness.

On your point also, in relatioj to what I say above, it makes even more sense here, a 1967 song lyric from Piper album- Chapter 24 song, which is quoting the Chinese oracle book "The I Ching" which Syd was into then.

I had an I Ching. I tore it up eventually, decided there is real darkness woven into it.

But Syd's line I speak of in Chapteer 24: "Things cannot be undone once and for all."

Your point exactly I believe. An ancient universal law and principle, which holds so true with LSD.

700 ug since weekend. Still spontaneously heavy tripping here. I am a nut!

I just wanted to point out, in case anyone who wasn't aware was reading this in passing, that LSD does not "induce" schizophrenia; rather, if you're gonna become schizophrenic it can help speed along the process (along with weed, mushies, amps, booze, anything really).

I think what was meant (or is by me, anyway) is that it can induce latent schizophrenia, which is what you're saying.

any stressful event will trigger schizophrenia. Going to college and the stress of studying is where alot of people get diagnosed. LSD is unique in that it has been used in the past during the 1950 1960s in a proper setting to cure some shcizophernics. As with any tool improper use will damage and destory a persons mind. But in a legal setting with a trained professinal it has the potential to treat many mental health issues.