View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Use Of LSD On The Underage Brain

MasonP

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters, I’m currently 16 and have taken lsd 5-6 times, the dose being 100ug to 275ug. I’m interested to hear about long term affects any of you have experienced. I would love to continue my use of psychedelics but I’m worried about long term cognitive decline. Most say a big worry is having a bad trip but I have had multiple bad trips and came out on the other side with just enough fascination as when I went in. I’m just unsure of the long term affects on the brain since there are few studies depicting this.

Thank you in advance for your replies

I can't provide you with concrete examples of long-term damage, because I don't tknow of what they might be.

That being said, it is a good idea to hold off on any, but especially regular use, of psychotropics til late stage or post- brain development. Which wouldn't be for another few years for ya.

I think every person is going to be different but there's no denying any drug use at that age will be affecting your brain development in some way.

When I was 16 I'd tried mushrooms but only a couple of experiences. LSD at 17. I didn't start tripping regularly until I was 21/22 - which I'm glad I did because they are seriously powerful drugs.You have all the time in the world to trip when you're older but you might mess with your brain forever now and it would be such a shame when you've already tripped and know what it's like, so you know what to look forward to, rather than regularly put your brain through trips for the next 5 years and do who knows what....

When looking for studies you'll probably just come across cases of teenagers who had a predisposition to mental illness/schizophrenia having their mental illness triggered by psychedelics.

Maybe someone else here has experience with tripping as a teen and has more input, but the harm reduction approach would be, please just wait till you're a little older before diving in.

Last edited:
it's not neurotoxic to be able to cause permanent damage

It can cause semi-permanent and permanent damage in the form of HPPD, psychosis, schizophrenia and other mental illness

OP: I do not discourage you from using LSD, but it is very much to be respected. I was diagnosed with drug induced schizophrenia from abusing psychedelics as well as not taking care of my body. LSD is not harmless.

Yeah I understand that. I had either a psychotic episode or an episode of delirium 5 months ago on mdma and since then Ive been way more careful with my use. So far with LSD I have experienced some form of HPPD but I’m not sure if that’s what you would call it because it is seeming to fade and it is actually only triggered when I look at this specific wall that has motivational words and such.
That should be very very concerning my dude. An episode that young. It happened to me after EXTREME repeated use, combining multiple psychedelics, alcoholism, hard drugs, massive stress and over a year of sleep deprivation at age 29.

If it happened to you after one dose at that young I cannot advise you continue to use until you are older. Please be careful.

You should always test your trust, too. MDMA is very commonly faked with drugs which can cause psychosis and delirium.

Yeah I understand that. I had either a psychotic episode or an episode of delirium 5 months ago on mdma and since then Ive been way more careful with my use. So far with LSD I have experienced some form of HPPD but I’m not sure if that’s what you would call it because it is seeming to fade and it is actually only triggered when I look at this specific wall that has motivational words and such.

I had short-term and mild HPPD after my first few uses of MDMA and mushrooms when I was 19. Main effects wore off within about four months after last mushroom use at that time.

I would strongly encourage you to give it all a break for a few years, if that's feasible. :)

I had short-term and mild HPPD after my first few uses of MDMA and mushrooms when I was 19. Main effects wore off within about four months after last mushroom use at that time.

I would strongly encourage you to give it all a break for a few years, if that's feasible. :)
I believe a break would be possible but I miss having the reset button. Everytime I trip it’s like starting over and that’s something that I absolutely love. LSD really helps me feel better about life, get rid of my anxiety and just overall enhance my mood. Sadly these effects usually only last a month or so between trips.

Are u speaking of the possible HPPD or the psychotic episode? The episode was more than likely due to the mass amount of drinking I was doing aswell as the xanax and mdma. The night of my episode I drank a 30 pack, god knows how much whiskey and 300mg of some of the purest MDMA I could find. I had a rough summer...... learned from my mistake tho. As for the HPPD, I started to notice it after my second or third trip which I still to this day don’t know how I’m not traumatized from that trip. It was my second trip ever, I took 200ug at 8PM and by the morning I was still heavily tripping and after have an absolute freak out of having to talk to my parents I was forced to go to school. I tripped for a good 20 hours and while at school I had convinced myself that when I got home my father would quite literally kill me. Not to worry though since that trip I’ve gotten way better at swerving bad trips and usually I can tell when I’m starting to have one and Im usually able to dodge it.

That's not really HPPD. By definition HPPD is a semi-permanent condition. Acid can easily last over 24 hours.

That's a lot of alcohol, bro. Combining that much alcohol with a stimulant is dangerous.

I don't want to sound preachy but I would definitely cool it for a bit. Drugs are great, but never let them get in front of your responsibilities. It's also a lot more fun to get high when you don't have to worry about parents or school. I was a heroin addict speedballing every day by 16. It ruined my life.

Take it easy and at least finish school before you go hard like that. Something I wish I could go back and change. Drugs fucked up my life brother.

The problem is, @MasonP , you might permanently reset yourself and not in a good way.

Look at it this way: it's entirely possible that your use now precludes you from being able to enjoy any of these drugs later in life.

It's possible that you have a negative reaction that has longer term consequences. Use now for a 3-4 years or be able to use later in life for 30-40 years?

Know what I mean?

Yeah I get what you’re saying. I’m definitely gonna slack off at the bare minimum. Still have some convincing myself to do.

Building on what @SunriseChampion said.

Doing hard drugs (alcohol is a hard drug!!) so young can be extra harmful because at age 16 you are still learning how to deal with the world, how to react, how to handle life, stress, anxiety, depression. You are still very much a baby (no offense) and growing. You don't want to start reaching for drugs to deal with daily stress, anxiety and things. That will ruin you, as it did me.

I am not telling you that you can't have fun on the weekends. Please just take it easy. You will thank us later for this advice.

Please just take it easy. You will thank us later for this advice.

I know this might sound annoying or hypocritical coming from people who themselves went about things in not the best fashion, but it's facts. Believe.

I know plenty of people who have ruined drugs for themselves forever because of overuse at a young age. I also have close friends who now live with serious mental illness precipitated by overuse of drugs at a young age.

And not to mention most of us have lost friends due to overdose. Just take a look at the bluelight shrine sub forum. There are far, far too many threads in there.

#1 huge red flag for alcoholism in your future

take it from me, an alcoholic
Yeah it’s genetic for me, I’m greatly limiting my alcohol intake. I may drink once ever other week or something if I find myself feeling insecure about life but other than that I’ve stayed away from alcohol for the most part.

@MasonP

You seem like a bright kid. I hope you have a bright future, too.

To ultimately circle back and answer your question about LSD I wouldn't take it more than once per month max, better every 3-6 months and keep the doses low (nothing to prove to anyone!). LSD is one of my favorite drugs but it MUST BE RESPECTED!

If you're tripping and trying to hide it from parents and your school, I guarantee it will back fire eventually...

If the positive effects only last a month then it's not really feasible to keep on doing it at such a young age.

You need to address your problems in a more sustainable way until you're older.

If you want to be smart, then once a month is better than once a week, once a season is better than once a month - and waiting till you're a little bit older is the ultimate for your long-term well being. You could end up with anxiety 100x worse than you started with.

But here I can speak from experience, my friend and I got caught by his mother when we took mushrooms at his house when we were 16. He got higher than he expected and basically ran TO his mother. Then his drunk dad got involved. I got kicked out of their house, he was so high he starts freaking out and they drag him to hospital where the nurses treat him like shit and a pain in the ass. He's telling them he took heroin and MDMA. Gets his stomach pumped etc
They call my mother and she thinks I'm wandering the streets in the middle of the night tripping the fuck out, which I was.

If you can't respect psychedelics on the most basic level of doing them with the freedom of doing them without having to worry about being caught, it's going to end up bad. Set and setting, please do some reading on here.

Alcohol is a terrible coping strategy. It always makes whatever you're trying to cope with worse.

I only drink because I don't have any problems. 🙃

I've used it to deal with problems in the past and it almost killed me. Wouldn't be drinking any more if I hadn't sorted through the issues I had as it just made it worse.

Anyway, what @SnafuInTheVoid said..... @MasonP : you seem like a smart dude and there's some solid advice up in this bitch so....carry on. :)