• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

how much bullshit is it that Nick Diaz is getting the title shot over Johny Hendricks solely because of his trash talk. Everyone including Dana White said Hendricks was the #1 contender. Diaz is coming off a loss and suspension and just because he talked some trash while hendricks doesnt act like a fucking retard the shot goes to GSP?

The UFC is turning into the WWE.

Completely agree. GSP said it himself, fighting Diaz is the money fight. As much as I'd do want to see those two fight, I feel terrible for Hendricks who has fought and won his way to a title shot just to have it ripped out from underneath him because Dana White wants to fill his pockets more than they already are. Diaz should fight GSP, but after Hendricks. And the way GSP is trying to make out that he made the decision because it's "what the fans want" is a joke in itself. He wants to put Diaz in his place, and completely disregard the true #1 contender in the process. Lost a fair amount of respect for the guy after this.

In other news, the TUF16 finale was great. Rustam Khabilov vs. Vinc Pichel was amusing to watch. And the Pat Barry / del Rosario fight was pretty brutal. Good stuff.

wait what do you mean? they're just ignoring someone who earned the fight wtf?
/*only* follow benson henderson lol

Completely agree. GSP said it himself, fighting Diaz is the money fight. As much as I'd do want to see those two fight, I feel terrible for Hendricks who has fought and won his way to a title shot just to have it ripped out from underneath him because Dana White wants to fill his pockets more than they already are. Diaz should fight GSP, but after Hendricks. And the way GSP is trying to make out that he made the decision because it's "what the fans want" is a joke in itself. He wants to put Diaz in his place, and completely disregard the true #1 contender in the process. Lost a fair amount of respect for the guy after this.

I am a little disappointed in that too although I like the match up of Diaz v GSP. GSP (and Silva sometimes) are the UFC's gravy trains for sure. And so what if Hendricks KO's GSP? Would set up a nice series of fights between the two like the Matt Hughes trilogy.

Well the last strike force event is coming up. I can't wait to see Rockhold in the ufc

Hyped for 155. This could be the best card all year; even the prelims are full of big names. Particularly looking forward to Lauzon / Miller. It's always exciting watching Lauzon fight.

+ predicting a JDS win and holding onto the title.

JDS by knockout again

It never looked like JDS got into the fight last night. He just didn't have that extra speed or power to his step. It's pretty cool to see a little guy like Cain hold the strap again though.

call me crazy but i still think JDS would beat cain in a rematch.

Cain got to adjust his gameplan and now JDS should get to adjust his to make it best of 3.

My favourite part of ufc155:

1356844190334.gif

^that fight was awesome.

“He was better and deserved the win," said JDS. "But I used the wrong strategy. I was too worried about his takedowns and didn’t protect my face, so he hit me. When the fight was on the ground, I should have used my jiu-jitsu more – I trained it so much. But I just tried to get back up and it didn’t help me. But on the ground he is very good, very strong. I didn’t really connect with any good punches. It was disappointing, because I was feeling good, had an awesome training camp, everything was right. But that’s how fighting is … I want (a rubbermatch) now, soon. I won the first one and he got a rematch. Now I lost and I want my rematch. I’m saying I want this fight. I’ll get my belt back.”

I don't think anyone expected Junior to get beaten so badly, but seriously it didn't look like he even had a game plan in that fight. How could his boxing be so ineffective? I guess he just wasn't properly prepared for a wrestler of Cain's calibre, but it was still shocking to see how little damage he did throughout. He definitely should have tried for some submissions, by the 3rd round he should have figured he wasn't going to succeed standing....

jdsface.gif

:!

i think he messed up so badly by only defending the takedowns in the beginning and having no offense of his own which gassed him out so there was no way he could even attempt a finish in the 3rd or later rounds.

I was a little surprised JDS didnt utilize his much ballyhooed BJJ either. This might be a preview of what GSP will do against Nick Diaz. If Nick hasnt learned from the Condit fight, his brother's fight against Bendo or JDS v Cain then he will not beat GSP.

I'm very interested in Overeem v Cain now (assuming Reem beats Silva of course) and I think most of the MMA world will wonder if Cain can defeat a real world class striker such as Overeem. I am not sure if anyone has ever gotten Reem on his back and beat him up but Cain most certainly can.

the best BJJ practitioner in the world cant do shit when their as gassed as JDS was.

and about GSP vs. Diaz, im positive its gonna go exactly like Ben Henderson vs. Nate.

and for Overeem vs. Cain, I see overeem getting gassed even quicker than JDS did even knowing cains gameplan. Did you watch Overeem vs. Werdum? that was embarrassing and overeem was hardly working and he gassed out so quickly.