• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

And what the hell, Rashad? :?

Blackzilians not looking so good.

I don't get it. The entire fight I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!! He blew a shot a Anderson, for no good reason. He could have and should have finished that fight.

Yes, it was wonderful seeing Overeem get ktfo. All this bullshit about Cormier dropping to lhw is stupid though. I think he should fight Cain if he gets past Frank Mir. Big Country has been on a bit of a roll too. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a title shot if he can get past Kongo.

They train together and are likely very good friends which is probably why he will drop down.

So, I'll pose this question. Does Nick Diaz have a chance against GSP?

Only if he learns to check kicks early and often or he uglies it up by pressuring GSP from the beginning. The blueprint to control and beat the Diaz bros is out, it is their turn to train and gameplan different. With this match up, GSP has a bit of a chip on his shoulder so he may be more aggressive like Bendo v Nate and not so much Condit v Nick. GSP will take him down, the question is how much fight will Nick have in him to try and catch GSP being too aggressive by trying to finish him?

Pressure from the start, and when he gets taken down, stay so active off his back it forces GSP to reconsider his gameplan and stand (providing gsp sticks to his usual gameplan). Either pull of a sub from his guard or use that non-stop style of boxing to take a decision win.

Frankly, though, I don't see it happening. GSP's wrestling and strength combined will probably be too much for Diaz, like it is everyone else at welterweight. Remember Diaz isn't particularly strong, but his technique on the ground and unorthodox boxing style wins him fights. Once you rule out his boxing as a possible victory method (I don't think GSP will have much trouble taking him down), you're left with Nick's guard. He could pull off a submission off his back, but like I said before - I think GSP's strength advantage will make that extremely difficult.

All that being said, you can't rule anything out for certain. Anything can happen in MMA.

the question is how much fight will Nick have in him to try and catch GSP being too aggressive by trying to finish him?

If Gsp comes out aggressively I think that really opens up Nick's chances of taking the win. Gsp respects Nick's game so I'll be surprised if he takes any chances. He hasn't finished anyone for 4 years, I think he's quite happy to carry on winning by his usual game plan.

If Gsp comes out aggressively I think that really opens up Nick's chances of taking the win. Gsp respects Nick's game so I'll be surprised if he takes any chances. He hasn't finished anyone for 4 years, I think he's quite happy to carry on winning by his usual game plan.

If GSP lays n prays another win, I will be sorely disappointed. But, then Johny Hendricks will get a shot to KO him after being disrespected more or less by GSP.

^ Cain v Bigfoot II at UFC 160

I'm fairly certain Cain will destroy him again but there is really no one else for him to fight unless he waited until who wins between Reem & JDS. The HW division is suddenly void of top tier talent on a consistent basis.

^ Hendricks v Condit is going to be very interesting. IF Hendricks wins that fight, GSP cannot sidestep him again. I'm afraid Condit will just "Diaz" him and pull out a decision win though. Lame.

Faber looked like his old self for the first time since losing to Aldo in the WEC tonight. I was wondering when he would realize that his striking just wasn't that good and go back to the ground and pound.

^ Hendricks v Condit is going to be very interesting. IF Hendricks wins that fight, GSP cannot sidestep him again. I'm afraid Condit will just "Diaz" him and pull out a decision win though. Lame.

I know very little about hendricks but I would love to see condit win. he was one of my favorite fighters until greg jackson got ahold of him and turn him into a point fighter.

Last edited:
Rousey, armbar, tap.

Great fight though. Carmouche is scrappy!

Hendo v Machida was disappointing.

machida is an annoying fighter to fight. He refuses to go forward no matter what so its either an extremely boring fight or you have to be the one engaging.

i though henderson shoulda won 29-28 mostly due to him being much more active. machida just ran backwards everytime henderson came in.

^ Bermudez v Grice was fight of the night (imo), did you see it? Grice was taking some bombs and didnt go down.