• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

idk i just think this is a terrible matchup for diaz. we'll see though.

Well, in fairness, there is no good match up for anyone vs Bendo in that division. He is likely going to win several title defenses before Dana "encourages" him to move up a weight class.

Ronda Rousey's Manager Reacts to Cyborg's Doctor Putting Brakes on 135 Pounds

Following a report that said Cris "Cyborg's" doctors refused to sign off on a weight cut for the former Strikeforce champion's move to 135 pounds, Ronda Rousey's management is calling shenanigans.

Darin Harvey, who represents Rousey in her MMA dealings, said on Tuesday that Cyborg's inability to make the women's bantamweight division is simply the opinion of one physician, and guarantees other doctors would easily give a green light for the weight cut.

"If you ask five doctors, you'll get five different opinions," Harvey said in an exclusive interview. "I guarantee you, you can find doctors that'll say the weight cut will be fine."
Harvey speculated that the doctor, who went unnamed in the report, is working in the favor of his patient in an effort to force a potential Rousey-Cyborg bout at 145 pounds.
"It all depends on what side they're working for," Harvey said. "It's her doctor. If you're going to trial, I can find a professional witness to make you look innocent or make you look guilty."

Chicks and their drama. ;)

UFC 154 was a good one. GSP came back and unified the welterweight title. Johny Hendricks KOs someone again in the 1st round. And a DQ win for Cote.

Now we wait for GSP to make his mind up about what is next (Silva superfight or Hendricks title defense). Who does Condit fight next? What about Nick Diaz, where will he fit in the mix? And I wonder if Diaz wishes he would have at least tried to take down Condit in their fight. He loves boxing too much I guess.

Next event, UFC on Fox Dec 8: Bendo v Diaz. Should be a good one too.

Hendricks next fight better be GSP.

I would seriously pick Hendricks to win it.

Rousey, Tate, Kaufmann and Carmouche are the ones I'm pretty sure are in so far. There are probably more but Dana White or the UFC has not announced all the names yet.

Well Rousey beat Tate and Kaufman so I suppose Carmouche would be the next logical fight for her. Or a rematch with Tate?

Until someone figures out a way to avoid that armbar though; Rousey will dominate womans' MMA. 6-0 all by 1st round armbar, and in the first minute bar the Tate fight. :|

<3 Ronda Rousey

If she beats Liz then that Cyborg fight will be ridiculous. Rousey will sell it like crazy but I have a feeling the She-beast is going to beat her up pretty good. Whether that translates to a win or not remains to be seen.

It will definitely be her toughest fight yet.

Tomorrow night though... Rory, Alex and Nate ftw!!!

who are rory/alex/nate?..
BUT it's all irrelevant because henderson is going to defend his crown in tomorrow's headliner in vegas F.T.W.

well a minute left in the 3rdk , henderson is FUCKING HIM UP!
wow 3m left in the 4th, henderson has just been dominating the whole time, i wanna see him finish this tko/ko not points. he's just been dominating and hammering for a while, needs to sink submission
this is tonight's fight right now, free on fox. fyi.

significant hits landed right now: 123 to 17
/diaz looks ugly..
//edit: henderson wrapped looking like he'd just done a light jog

Last edited by a moderator:
And he's done.

Very impressed by Rory Macdonald...he's gonna go far in this sport.

Rory is good but he better knock that showboating off as he faces higher tier competition.

I was impressed with Bendo and disappointed with Nate Diaz. How does Nate NOT plan for those leg kicks?? And kudos to Bendo for being an aggressive champ. Unlike Condit against Nick Diaz, Bendo not only kicked and moved but he got creative and went after Nate the whole time. Bendo is the real deal. Next, get him a rematch vs Pettis for the title!

I liked Gustaffson beating Rua but he still has some training to do to clean up his abilities before he is ready for Bones Jones.

Matt Brown's KO of Swick was unexpected. Swick, though, was probably gassed after the 1st round ground scrambles/sub attempts.

yes rematch with pettis would be excellent and must come
/pettis' video-game roundhouse in final round their last time must be avenged!