• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Other than the fact Jones' decision to not fight Sonnen resulted in a cancelled event, I dont have an issue with it. Long term, it makes MMA more legit.

Jon Jones is a bad, bad man. The best challenge for him I feel is a rematch with Lyoto Machida.

Great flyweight championship match too. Mighty Mouse looked fresh from beginning to end.

I thought Vitor gave him his biggest challenge so far tbh. I basically jumped out of my seat when he almost landed that arm bar in the 1st round...dangg.

Agreed about the flyweight bout, well deserved win from Johnson.

I thought Vitor gave him his biggest challenge so far tbh. I basically jumped out of my seat when he almost landed that arm bar in the 1st round...dangg.

Once I saw it was locked in I was just waiting for Jones to tap. Then I saw the relaxed look on Jones' face and knew he was alright even if his arm wasnt right. That was some grit to take that armbar, escape it then dominate someone like Vitor for the rest of the fight. He expertly used his length too. Those kicks were crazy good but he broke Vitor's spirit with those elbows on the ground.

tumblr_mb68kyyEeI1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

This fight was a brawl..

wow i didn't know we could links vids on bl lol!! good to know i never knew what the tag was :)

/vid looks cool will check out
//GO BENDO!! Best lightweight fighter on.the.planet.

Nate Diaz could win against Bendo, though it's unlikely imo. If it goes to the ground then maybe but Bendo's striking is far superior to Diaz.

In recent news: I just lost money on the Franklin / Le fight. Damn! Nice finish.

Nate Diaz could win against Bendo, though it's unlikely imo. If it goes to the ground then maybe but Bendo's striking is far superior to Diaz.

Far superior? Do you think Bendo's striking was far superior to Frankie Edgar too? The power edge is on Bendo's side because he is such a huge lightweight but I wold not quantify that as far superior. I'm fairly certain no one in MMA wants trade in the stand up with the Diaz brothers.

In recent news: I just lost money on the Franklin / Le fight. Damn! Nice finish.

I didnt think Le had a shot against Franklin. Oh well. Great finish by him.

Ben Henderson's gameplan is gonna be to chop down Diaz's legs and its gonna work really well.

Far superior? Do you think Bendo's striking was far superior to Frankie Edgar too? The power edge is on Bendo's side because he is such a huge lightweight but I wold not quantify that as far superior. I'm fairly certain no one in MMA wants trade in the stand up with the Diaz brothers.

He's more dynamic and versatile for sure. Nate Diaz has a fairly straight forward stand up game in comparison, great boxing but lacking in much else except that it's quite an unconventional style, but once you figure that out (like Condit did :eek:) you can pick apart the Diaz brothers. Maybe "far superior" is a slight exaggeration but I'm sure Nate would rather take it to the ground than stand with Bendo. Especially when - like Mike said above - Nate's legs will probably be a primary target for Henderson.

Ben Henderson's gameplan is gonna be to chop down Diaz's legs and its gonna work really well.

- like Mike said above - Nate's legs will probably be a primary target for Henderson.

It didnt work that well against Frankie Edgar in their second fight and Edgar is a standup/striker guy. He caught a bunch of those kicks (and if I remember correctly, Nate brought him in to train with him some). The difference being that Diaz is more likely to take it to the ground after catching one of those kicks and Bendo's ground D will be tested like never before.

But more importantly, GSP v Condit this weekend. =D

It didnt work that well against Frankie Edgar in their second fight and Edgar is a standup/striker guy. He caught a bunch of those kicks (and if I remember correctly, Nate brought him in to train with him some). The difference being that Diaz is more likely to take it to the ground after catching one of those kicks and Bendo's ground D will be tested like never before.

But more importantly, GSP v Condit this weekend. =D

there is zero chance diaz will take down henderson even if he catches a leg. There is a gonna be a major strength advantage for henderson. I see the fight going a lot like the Rory McDonald vs. Nate Diaz fight. If you havent seen that one i suggest you do.

there is zero chance diaz will take down henderson even if he catches a leg. There is a gonna be a major strength advantage for henderson. I see the fight going a lot like the Rory McDonald vs. Nate Diaz fight. If you havent seen that one i suggest you do.

I'm sure Nate learned a thing or 2 after that fight (the first being to move back to lightweight) so I do not see him getting slammed around like a ragdoll again. Bendo has a strength advantage against everyone in the lightweight division, no question, but that doesnt necessarily translate to automatic domination. Nate doesnt appear to be as boneheaded as his brother so I expect him to have a good fight plan whether it is standing up or on the ground. Same for Bendo, I expect good things from him as well.