• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

True opium powder from poppy seeds..

DemonXstreeM said:
Not sure, I just know it is very dangerous stuff. Is has an very high carcinogen rate. Again' get a vacuum and it will be gravy.
i'll look into it, my organic chem knowledge is small indeed...

If you're going to use a common alcohol, ethanol is best safety wise, though yields will be low. Methanol and others and acetone (acetone gives lower yields) but you've got to use vac filtration or at least dry at low temp (no higher than about 225F) or air dry for a long period. Heating too high with alcohols other than ethanol can cause trace chemical substitutions, especially if the alcohol is low grade.

Best extraction is if you have an organic chem backround and are handy with a separatory flask. Besides, you'd have to have a huge quantity of seeds (like ounces for small amounts).

Personally, it's easier to grow the seeds and slice the pods and collect the resin in the traditional way.

VolkeBobruysk said:
Personally, it's easier to grow the seeds and slice the pods and collect the resin in the traditional way.

I have had very pore luck with growing them, dose not help that I live in the south as the conditions are all wrong. I do not have the luxury of being able to start an inside grow room as I will have to do if I am to have any success.

DemonXstreeM said:
I have had very pore luck with growing them, dose not help that I live in the south as the conditions are all wrong. I do not have the luxury of being able to start an inside grow room as I will have to do if I am to have any success.

Hmm...there are some strains that are a bit hardier that you might have better luck with. I know a person in the Pacific Northwest that has very good success growing them in that climate (outdoors).

You might or might not know that 'floral arrangements' can be bought (the stems and pods) that make a bad tasting but good tea. It's really not a prudent suggestion due to legality and stuff...but an idea.

If anyone has had success with a good extraction from seeds, I'd be interested in hearing about it. It would take a LOT of seeds and the yields would be low. Best of luck, DemonX.

I made poppy seed tea today with good results. I used 4 bottles with 100 grams of seed in each. i just put them in a bottle with room temp water and shook for a couple min then let it sit for 20. then i stained it by just loosening the bottle cap and squeezing.

I drank it over the course of an hour, and i definitely feel the effects. it seems comparable to 15mg of hydrocodone.

next time im gonna try 700 grams of seeds, i was pretty surprised it worked so good.

Were they Papaver somniferum seeds? Wow, that is a lot of seeds. You are better off getting pods and making tea from that. One moderately strong cup has the analgesic and euphoric effects more than 5 times of 15mg of hydro.

Were they Papaver somniferum seeds? Wow, that is a lot of seeds. You are better off getting pods and making tea from that. One moderately strong cup has the analgesic and euphoric effects more than 5 times of 15mg of hydro.

Where do you get pods from? I can't find them anywhere around here.

Also, does anyone think this process would work with something like vodka or everclear?

gomakemeasandwich said:
Where do you get pods from? I can't find them anywhere around here.

Also, does anyone think this process would work with something like vodka or everclear?
tried the internet?

dunno about your 2nd question,
it sounds possible,
but i'd rather use a pure alcohol solvent, filter, and evap to putty, or even powder

i just used poppy seeds from the grocery store that were washed.

yeah i think im gonna try pods sometime. how do you guys compare pods to seeds?

Last edited:
SWlM said:
tried the internet?

dunno about your 2nd question,
it sounds possible,
but i'd rather use a pure alcohol solvent, filter, and evap to putty, or even powder

For some reason I don't feel safe when ordering them off of the internet. I would prefer to find them somewhere offline. I don't know where I could find them though.

As for the second question, I think it seems possible as well. Everclear especially might work because you can find it at 200 proof or 100 percent alcohol (instead of 100 proof or 50 percent for vodka).

One thing for sure is that I wouldn't be comfortable using rubbing alcohol with it.

is this allowed? not trying to be a dick or anything, just interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of covered this topic in a cross-topic post under, "Is poppy seed tea possible?"

That post was long enough so I don't want to go over it again. Basically, yes for opium powder from seeds but it's a matter of it being worthwhile in effort and quality.

I'll try and keep my posts in topic, phrozen.

i have tried making opium from seeds. Was not successful.

600g (would WRECK you in tea form) was funnelled into a 1.5L coke bottle and Isopropyl alcohol (it says 100% on the bottle, id say it was ~90 % ) was poured into the bottle until it covered the seeds with an inch to spare. The bottle was shaken for ~15secs and placed on the ground horizontally so that all the seeds were well covered. after 2mins the seeds and IPA separated by slightly unscrewing the cap and squeezing the liquid out onto a pyrex evap dish.

the now cloudy IPA was left outside to evap. After 1-2days a sticky tan resin was left.

Small pea sized balls of this was placed in a lightbulb and smoked, all to no effect. Waste of money and time :/

However id imagine if the process was repeated and the end product refined it would work

Nice work Jimihawk. Thanks to you I won't be wasting my time and effort. I've been waiting for somebody else to try it.

why not just do a use water and evap in a dish im thinkin 2-3 lbs soaked for bout ten min in water and then dumped into a dish and evap. over a course of a few days. P/S seeds are made cheap if you buy bulk u morons go to a bulk food supplier they usually have em for like 1lb for like 4-5 bucks. I did 1lb and its like 60-80mg of morphine, and im a 8 year vet of dope so i know whats up. I was pinned like a mother fucker and good and fucked up.

Well since Lisa Lampanelli's on the shitbox rite now, I thought I'd go the extra mile with the whole peace in the middle east thing, and show you what schitzo-type personality-type's late nite sense of humour looks like that has little or nothing to do with the K3 gene types my great-grandpappy may or may not have carried back in Eastern Europe ;)

rachamim said:
Sigggghhhhh....

What??!! There's sighing in baseball!! ...oh, wait, this is about the drugs that Roger Clemens takes after the game. never mind. I promise to be at least a little nicer than that skank that gave a blowjob to a bullhorn back in the 80's and unlike Bill Clinton forgot to exhale.

rachamim said:
Look, any vegetable product can be powderised. Paregoric/Laudanum is powered opium in an ethyl alchohol base plus flavoring. I powderise opium manually via mortar and pestle. The whole point of this nonense was two-fold

The powdered thing is obvious, I use a coffee grinder, but Laudarinum hasn't been injected by anyone since the days when John McCain was sitting on his really happy great-uncle's knee and unable to know the fucked up part about that because Viagara® was still ten thousand years in the making.

rachamim said:
First, this forum is not for dicksizing.

LOL. What no dicksizing in an opiate thread?? These ppl have invented whole threads about how many times they can repoke those needles into one vein without turning half their torsos green...

rachamim said:
I realise this is a separate thread and respect that but this is interrelated.

Hey, man if everything wasn't interrelated, Our universe wouldn't be a brain, and those bold titiles that pop up would never have reminded me to find this post of yours and *try* to smack some sense into those K3-genetype brain cells of yours.

p.s. I could come up with a whole lot more but I'm quite sure some dicksizing mod would say I was "derailing" or something and besides even Lisa Lampanelli knows that this shit don't come cheap. ;)

Peace.

Last edited:
OverDriven said:
I have to admit I'm pretty skeptical of this being a fake post. That bag looks like it's full of cinnamon and I have never seen opium in powder form. I'm actually quite certain that it cannot even exist in powder form. To be honest, it isn't even really that color, but is darker. Mix that with the fact that this is a brand new poster and I think we have a fake. Just my opinion though.

You might wanna do your research before you say stuff. Theres is an extremely detailed tek for making refined cooked flake opium on another forum which, if done correctly, will give you a end result described in the OPs photo.

But rambo does have one quarrel with the OPS tek, according to the opium guru's tek on the said forum above alot more liquid is needed to hold all the alkaloids.

Currently in the process of doing this.
Half way done, right now I its about 50% done evaporating...

I have this white foam looking stuff starting to form on the top and edges of the water...

I am Heating it with flame Very low.....just enought to steam, not boil or even simmer.

I have a fan on the mix too , to help keep it cool and dry faster...

Ill come back tonight and let everyone know how it goes.

Got the powder....Its a darker brown than that in the picture, my guess is because its still a little wet...

anyone know if this is safe to plug?