• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

True opium powder from poppy seeds..

Would these poppy seeds be ones bought for baking or fresh seeds from poppies growing wild/cultivated for this purpose?

More often than none, the ones from any major store meant for baking have been processed or washed.

If you have a local market with huge bins of seed, then maybe they would be usable.

The seed you get from the dried pods or from plants you have cultivated are ideal for this, only because you know they have not been tampered with

600g of 'washed' seeds from the supermarket is enough to get someone without a tolerance quite high, so I'd imagine this process would also work.

would one be able to shoot this stuff or is it too crude?

To the OP how much did that much seed cost you? I want to try this

No you can't shoot it. It still has plant material and even codeine.

Harumscxarum said:
would one be able to shoot this stuff or is it too crude?

To the OP how much did that much seed cost you? I want to try this

In a supermarket its usually ~$1.50AUD for 100g of seeds. I'd imagine a health food shop would be cheaper and better quality as well. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to discuss the price as they are just common poppy seeds. Anyone confirm this?

is this worth doin compared to drinking the tea? or are you getting a better end product?

clinto84 said:
is this worth doin compared to drinking the tea? or are you getting a better end product?

Allow me to reiterate my above post:

With seeds the residue is on the outside of the seeds, which makes for a quick clean wash/extraction and good product, but lots of seeds are needed.

With the pods, the residual opiates are trapped within the plant material making the extract a bit more challenging due to other plant biology coming along with the goodies(also good product, but a little more work and other plant alkaloids involved.

And obviously opium scraped from the pods is the highest ratio of goodies to material and the absolute best potency.

I have to admit I'm pretty skeptical of this being a fake post. That bag looks like it's full of cinnamon and I have never seen opium in powder form. I'm actually quite certain that it cannot even exist in powder form. To be honest, it isn't even really that color, but is darker. Mix that with the fact that this is a brand new poster and I think we have a fake. Just my opinion though.

Fresh opium scraped from a flower may have 'tar' look to, but refined opium can (and really should) be a brittle crystalline substance. Crush it and you got powder.

Its really not a far-fetched idea that a seed extraction, as in the OP, would resemble the picture of the powdery substance in the picture.

rolls said:
In a supermarket its usually ~$1.50AUD for 100g of seeds. I'd imagine a health food shop would be cheaper and better quality as well. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to discuss the price as they are just common poppy seeds. Anyone confirm this?

so $1.50 AUD ok so around 1-2$ USD? sweet. Now I just gotta find a spot to buy them

At the supermarket round here 30g of seeds is $2.99 US at good ol' wallyfarts is $6.99 for 28g and sorry larger quantities are not available

OverDriven said:
I have to admit I'm pretty skeptical of this being a fake post. That bag looks like it's full of cinnamon and I have never seen opium in powder form. I'm actually quite certain that it cannot even exist in powder form. To be honest, it isn't even really that color, but is darker. Mix that with the fact that this is a brand new poster and I think we have a fake. Just my opinion though.
Perhaps, but I have no reason to doubt it. And, I have seen "powdered" opium many times.

mulberryman said:
At the supermarket round here 30g of seeds is $2.99 US at good ol' wallyfarts is $6.99 for 28g and sorry larger quantities are not available

ok. Do I neccessarily need 300g of seeds to get enough to get high? or would I be able to do it with 100g or less

OverDriven said:

Yeah, me too.. It could also be heroin in the bag.. Poppy seeds have their own nasty alkaloids that are all milky and gross. I doubt you could just use rubbing alcohol to make such refined powdered opium from poppy SEEDS.. I could be wrong though, I've never tried it. If the OP said they used pod powder I'd be a lot less skeptical.

ok. Do I neccessarily need 300g of seeds to get enough to get high? or would I be able to do it with 100g or less

It really depends on the source and then ultimately the quality of the seed involved.

If you have seeds from dry unscrapped pods, then likely 100g-150g extracted seed could get you 'high'

But if your using grocery store seed, the handling and packaging process may have diminished the amount of actives stuck to them by a margin of all or nothing :)

Last edited:
Calling the stuff off the seeds 'opium powder' is very misleading.

The seed exrtract has some isoquinoline alkaloids in common with opium but thats not the same as it being true opium powder.

Sonic: have a reference to this 'extra' milky alkaloids that seem to only be on(or did you mean in?) the seeds?