• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

True opium powder from poppy seeds..

5lb. bag, $12.00 downtown L.A. on Central...
also, has anyone tried adding vinegar to the strained PST and simmering in the vein of a homecooked acetlyation process, looking for 6-MAM
hmm...? seems to knock it home harder for me
if ur opiod tolerant use no less than a lb.
Of course, YDMV

I personally think poppy seed tea tastes much better than PPT, although there are tons of drawbacks, potency being the highest, to PST. PST seems to be good if you're waiting for the PP's to come in the mail!! I've never gotten such a hard nod off PPT with vinegar in the simmer, neutralized partially with baking soda after the strain, and (synergized or potentiated) with loratadine and ibuprofen. Whew!

As far as the 6-MAM idea, please feel free (as I'm sure you already do) to critque my amalgamated ideas... It really does seem to hoist up the punch of the PPT.

Last edited:
mulberryman said:
About how many pods would have to be scraped to get a kilo?

approx 10,000 scrapes gives 1kg of Opium.
(~100mg per pod)

which equates to around 100g of morphine.
(~10% morphine)

but remember, pods can be harvested more than once.

rachamin,um i would like some background info on you ,from most of the stuff you post it seems like you were raised in a family of drug "makers" and had heroin just laying around the house ,with opium ready to be turned into heroin being shipped in

can you explain how the hell you have had the opportunity to get your hands on so much opium,im not calling you a liar i just would like to know this shit cause it sounds like a dream come true for a drug user to have done some of the things you have done

It is my understanding that the morphine is actually not soluble in isopropanol.
I did a failed extraction from poppy pods using such a method last spring.

ebola

swim has done this plenty of times, but as far as it having great effects, noo.... the brown residue had like 0 effect and swim snorted about a gram of it. i mean it snorted good and easy but i didnt feel shit from it, id estimate if there is any morphine its very low concentration in that powder. maybe 5%

ebola? said:
It is my understanding that the morphine is actually not soluble in isopropanol.
I did a failed extraction from poppy pods using such a method last spring.

ebola

Actually, it is partially soluble. I have done a couple of such extractions and the results, while disappointing, were not a complete failure. I noticed that the qualitative nature of extracted product lacked something, when compared against eating the entire pod. If you must do an extraction, do it with distilled water. You'll extract a higher percentage of alkoloids than you would with the isoprop.

In general, extractions are a big hassle for very little return. In particular, it is a pain in the ass to work with the extracted putty; it sticks to everything, and makes a complete mess.

There is one extraction process that I do want to try, which sounds promising as it requires no adjuncts or chemical processes. Basically, pods are frozen, then ground and soaked in water. After straining out the plant material, the solution is then frozen (to the point where 2/3 of the solution is frozen). The ice chunks are then removed and discarded, and the process is repeated 2 more times, each time discarding the ice. Apparently, the ice will capture all of the junk while the alkoloids remain in solution. The result is a more or less pure solution containing alkoloids which can then be drunk, or reduced further into a solid.

This process can be done with either pod or seed-based solutions. That said, you'd need a hell of a lot of seeds to make a worhtwile go of it.

If anyone has tried this, I would love to hear your feedback.

eg

HYDRO_CHRONIC said:
rachamin,um i would like some background info on you ,from most of the stuff you post it seems like you were raised in a family of drug "makers" and had heroin just laying around the house ,with opium ready to be turned into heroin being shipped in

can you explain how the hell you have had the opportunity to get your hands on so much opium,im not calling you a liar i just would like to know this shit cause it sounds like a dream come true for a drug user to have done some of the things you have done
He posted his background info in his BL journals. Other than that, he's talked a lot about his experiences in various posts with different handles. :)

Intranasal morphine BA is horrible, at least according to a bunch of peer reviewed studies.

i will stick with just drinkin ppt little nasty but feels good and you get used to it sooner or later

Can you smoke this powder by chasing the dragon on tin foil or is it just used orally? Plus as a step prior to converting it to opium or morphine/heroine I assume...

This is for those of us a little weak in the area of chemistry.

BTW I haven't seen rachamin's post, did he change his name like I did (mine was ombladon).

bump,

gonna try this soon, is morphine better soluble in isopropyl than in water ? Or acetone? ethanol? is so, it must be possible to get powder if you dry your "ppt" enough to powder, even if baked a lil to speed it up. we need to know the morphine% content of the resulting powder to see if it is viable content...

thats helpful. thx. is there any solvent that will evaporate faster and extract as much morphine?

and best way to extract pure morphine from this? what solvent should be used?

this is not info on synths, its just harm reduction, don't wanna smoke tar unless i have to....

Last edited:
i found 100g for for 1.19 at a grocery store, am i allowed to say where since its legal to buy them?

also wondering if anyone has info on what brands worked for them

Last edited:
SWlM said:
thats helpful. thx. is there any solvent that will evaporate faster and extract as much morphine?

and best way to extract pure morphine from this? what solvent should be used?

this is not info on synths, its just harm reduction, don't wanna smoke tar unless i have to....

ether would work best I would think but good luck obtaining it.

SWlM said:
how about methanol? easy enough to get...

That should also work pretty good, but I would not use it unless I had a vacuum chamber to strip it after the extraction. Methanol will make you go blind. White Colmans fuel would be an easy to get and much safer solvent. It is very volatile and should not leave much unwonted residue You could fallow that with an Everclear extraction to be on the safe side.

DemonXstreeM said:
That should also work pretty good, but I would not use it unless I had a vacuum chamber to strip it after the extraction. Methanol will make you go blind. White Colmans fuel would be an easy to get and much safer solvent. It is very volatile and should not leave much unwonted residue You could fallow that with an Everclear extraction to be on the safe side.
if methanol was let to evaporate in a WELL ventilated area would that be safe?

using "99.9+%" purity methanol (in large volumes),
would any toxic residue be a problem?

SWlM said:
if methanol was let to evaporate in a WELL ventilated area would that be safe?

using "99.9+%" purity methanol (in large volumes),
would any toxic residue be a problem?

Not sure, I just know it is very dangerous stuff. Is has an very high carcinogen rate. Again' get a vacuum and it will be gravy.