• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy BOD (4-methyl-2,5,beta-trimethoxyphenethylamine) Thread

Interesting reports.

Personally, I already had powerful enough effects for me to not feel like repeating the experiment at the time from 15 mg of BOD, but I tend to be relatively sensitive to phenethylamines. I recall having visuals that were beyond the complexity of most 2Cs and closer to what the DOx family does, though not quite that complex yet, and still colored more like the 2Cs. It was stimulating but also weirdly relaxing in such a way that even came with what I considered to be uncomfortable head rushes when standing up quickly and some dizziness, which I suspected could be related to adrenergic activities, but who knows. Those effects kept me from wanting to raise the dosage for a while, but I thought it was interesting. One of our alters was able to focus on playing Tetris extremely well and set her new online place record (vs 99 people) while on it.

I don't have a lot to work with but I've been reminiscing about it lately. Since people are using plenty of higher dosages here and turning out fine, I might try something like 25-30 mg next.

Ah, I failed to report on my experiment, 50mg BOD with 30mg allylescaline. Was a lovely experience, but my partner dosed 200ug of ETH-LAD and was having a difficult experience for a good portion of the time, which detracted from my own trip. Alerts were felt at 80 minutes and by 2 hours the visuals were really taking off. It was actually quite a strong +++, at points I was wondering if the dose had been excessive. Strongly visual, sedate and warm. At times I struggled to formulate the concepts in my head into words when asked what I was thinking of. However I seemed unsteady on my feet any time I had to get up, and I did have some jaw tension midway through that became uncomfortable by the end. Long legs, though.
As always, I preloaded magnesium, but only the day of and not the two days prior as I normally do. Were I to do it again I might reduce the ally to 25mg and BOD to somewhere between 40-45mg.
Overall a good experience which I’d repeat, just with a potential dosage modification.

Methylphenidate and dexamphetamine have been rubbing me the wrong way so I’m toying with the idea of micro/minidosing this as a study drug. I didn’t notice much in the way of psychedelic effects but on 25mg I felt sharp as a tak and was in a great mood all day. Maybe I’ll try 5-10mg 3 days a week and see how it goes.

Let us know how it goes. I have some of this, and have tried it once. Didn't write a report, I think it was 25mg. I sort of felt like I was coming up on a psychedelic all day, it was a bit uncomfortable and then boring. Haven't tried it again yet.

Tested 55mg once and it went well..
Then another time i tried 75mg and i went into a purge state for the come up.

Will experiment more soon of this nice chem.

I tried once combining 60mg bod with 300ug ald-52 and visuals were very prominent and mystical. It was rainy in a nearby forest with an adjacent lake. It was a psydub festival. It was so rainy but i was well warm from tripping like 16 hours for this combo. Visual was mescaline like but not too euphoric. I was fairly lucid and didn't get hungry til the morning after the trip. Fairly saving up the remainder of my 1 gram stash of this for some future trials.

Is this right that the duration of this compound is much longer than that of 2c-d?

Yeah it lasts around 12hrs and feels different than 2C-D, I've taken it a bunch of times. It's a pretty decent drug but it's not as good as 2C-D or any of the other 2C-x for that matter. It feels closer to a DOx but not as stimulating with less duration but similar visuals. My best trip on it was when I combined it with Ephenidine, it was really powerful that day visually like the whole Persian carpet thing going on. Personally I never got a negative body load from it and generally I'm pretty sensitive to those things.

Yeah it has some legs to it. No noticeable bodyload and kinda good for mixing. I love adding some lysergamide to it for some stimulation and visual component kick.

Yeah I found the duration to be closer to 16 hours myself.

It combos extremely well with MDMA!

I think it's an excellent festival drug due to it's milder nature and long duration.

Yeah I found the duration to be closer to 16 hours myself.

It combos extremely well with MDMA!

I think it's an excellent festival drug due to it's milder nature and long duration.
Thanks for the recommendation. Would try it with mdma some other time. Still on a mdma break after october, november, december '21 and feb 2022 (4x use). I want a fresher brain til next year lol

How are people finding the after effects with this one? Thinking about trying 50mg tomorrow but then I have to be at the airport for 3am the next morning.

Edit: Welp mixed 50mg in with a bottle of Gatorade around 8:30 this morning. I also had a sixth of a tab of acid i bought with me by mistake so i snarfed that too.

Now I’m off to explore some museums and we‘ll see what happens :)

Last edited:
How are people finding the after effects with this one? Thinking about trying 50mg tomorrow but then I have to be at the airport for 3am the next morning.

Edit: Welp mixed 50mg in with a bottle of Gatorade around 8:30 this morning. I also had a sixth of a tab of acid i bought with me by mistake so i snarfed that too.

Now I’m off to explore some museums and we‘ll see what happens :)
How was the trip?

How was the trip?
Still a pretty mild experience as they go but very enjoyable. I spent the day exploring museums, gardens and general touristy attractions. Visuals were mild throughout and mostly characterised by colour enhancement and a heightenned sense of sharpness and clarity to everything. My mood was excellent for the entire day, I was full of energy and fully engaged with great interest in my surroundings. Around 10 hours after consuming my initial 50mg dose I decided to extend the trip with an additional 30mg of BOD and 100ug of LSD. I was a bit surprised by how strong the LSD felt despite being consumed so long after dropping the BOD, synergy perhaps or maybe the tolerance from the BOD hadn’t set in yet or maybe BOD doesn’t create a strong tolerance after a single use.

It was around this time I had to leave for the airport. My energy persisted until around 18 hours after the original dose, by which point I was beginning to feel pretty exhausted (it had been one of the hottest days of the year and I was on my feet most of it so hardly surpising). This was around 5 hours before my flight and the check in counter was still closed so I kept myself going with 5mg of dexamphetamine every couple of hours until it was time to go through security. I remained in a great mood throughout and the next day (a relative term after a 10 hour flight) felt fine despite having been awake for 40 hours by the end.

My conclusion is that while BOD doesn’t make for much of a trip in off itself it can be a wonderful mild reality enhancer when coupled with a day of doing, whatever, outdoors.

Another data point for this rare-ish compound:

I took 17mg of BOD plugged/boofed at 8:30 Sunday morning.

I pretty much spent the whole day engrossed in this long-form article about the prison-industrial complex:

I definitely felt heightened interest and empathy.
The words were colorful and shimmery on the screen, but weren't moving enough to distract from reading.
I also had about 15 minutes of almost-CEV (probably closer to phosphene pareidolia + heightened imagination).

I was able to eat lunch without discomfort, with none of the stomach tightness that I get with, e.g., proscaline.
Extremities were cold and stiff, so I supplemented with magnesium and niacin.
Stimulation lasted much longer than psychedelia, so I took an s-zopiclone at 11:45pm and slept without issue and had no hangover the next day.

It was a light experience, but I enjoyed it a lot. It felt very benign.

Next time I may plug 25mg.

I also wonder how this mixes, but I may sit on that given how few reports there are.

Which reagent(s) would be used to identify BOD and what is the reaction like? I had some pills gifted to me that I was told were BOD and considering the source I suspect them to be legit but I figure it best to check. I just ordered a new test kit and plan to test them once it arrives. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on this substance but what I have found makes it sound very interesting.

Which reagent(s) would be used to identify BOD and what is the reaction like?
I imagine that the marquis would be the best choice and maybe some of the other more common reagents could be used to crosscheck, however, i dont think too many people are going to be able to tell you what the reactions will be like because BOD is so rare.

There used to be a german forum that had a whole section on reagent testing rare compounds, but i sadly cant seem to find it anymore.

If you happen to take them and they are indeed BOD, we'd love to hear a report!

I imagine that the marquis would be the best choice and maybe some of the other more common reagents could be used to crosscheck, however, i dont think too many people are going to be able to tell you what the reactions will be like because BOD is so rare.

There used to be a german forum that had a whole section on reagent testing rare compounds, but i sadly cant seem to find it anymore.

If you happen to take them and they are indeed BOD, we'd love to hear a report!

I figured it was probably a long shot considering how rare it is but like you said I can always try a few different reagents to see the reaction. They are purple with a bitcoin stamp and are smaller than a regular E pill but bigger than a microdot. I know that doesn't really mean much but their size does make me more confident that they are some kind of phenethylamine. I will most likely still take them since this source has always been legit. I've been sitting on them for like a year while trying to find out more info about BOD, reading what little trip reports I can find, browsing thru drugsdata and pillreports. Once I finally get around to trying them I will post a report for sure!

Maybe youll get lucky and someone will chime in. I can ask the homies at Miracilux Labs, dunno if u know of them they are a harm reduction company based in Germany. they might know of the forum i mentioned i hope. If i find out more ill let you know.

I do find it strange to encounter such a rare substance in pill form, but i guess ya never know. Where i live i just encountered little orange balls filled with liquid lsd.

But yeah i would still test em with marquis and so forth, because you may be able to determine if it is a different but more well known chemical.

It sounds like quite an interesting compound, would love to try some day

I haven't heard of Miracilux Labs before but I did find their website and am checking it out. If I find out any more info I'll let you know as well. It is definitely odd that something as rare as BOD would be found in a pill but stranger things have happened so I can't rule it out of the realm of possibility. I've seen all kinds of weird stuff over the years. At best I can try and figure out whatever is not in them if a test can't tell me what is.