• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy BOD (4-methyl-2,5,beta-trimethoxyphenethylamine) Thread

I'm thinking about trying 45mg intranasally soon. I'm avoiding most other drugs bc of an impending drug test and might test this nasally due to having 3x 30mg pills left and wanting to conserve it.

Just snorted 45mg. Almost no burn especially compared to 2cd. Will report with results. Those pills were hard as a rock! There is some burning but it's very mild compared to 2c-x

Feeling like i took a phenethylamine psych but light. Like a really light dose of 2c-x. Hopefully it continues to develop. I feel like going outside but don't know what to do.

I was feeling like tripping in my body but not so much other ways. I smoked some spice and now everything is dreamy.

I wanted to report back tonight that I tried snorting 45mg of BOD followed an hour or so later by 2x supposed to be 180mg MDMA pills and the combination is AWESOME!! Something special even. Imagine MDMA with a light dose of mescaline. The light psychedelia and warmth and push of BOD definitely enhances the MDMA a LOT. A lot better even than the other day not really experiencing much from 30mg of BOD and dosing 3-MMC. I recommend insufflation of BOD. It doesn't really burn, has zero other negative physical sensations that I associate with snorting 2c drugs (like tachydardia, increased BP, vomiting, etc.) which it's most similar to and significantly shortens the come up time.

I'm out of BOD now and don't think I'm likely to reorder but I've really enjoyed playing with the 6x 30mg "doses" I got. It was definitively cheap enough for experimentation. It is rather long and a bit pushy considering the amount of psychedelic effects even 45 or 60mg produces but I've enjoyed sampling it. I could see consuming maybe 60mg at a festival to provide some pea warmth and psychedelia for some time to a combo. I was a bit worried about combining it with MDMA because it's a but pushy and warm already but it seems to make for a nice combo. I don't know where else to recommend BOD because I'm not usually looking for lighter psychedelic effects in something so long lived but could see it really shining at a festival with some MDMA and LSD. Definitely a unique experience to sample a beta-methoxy phenetheylamine! I definitely prefer BOD at more 2c-d like doses and don't see why Shulgin didn't attempt them. 45 or 60mg is much more psychedelic and noticeable than 30mg!!

I find that compared to 2c-d the side effects are lighter but slower to come on and longer and possibly less forgiving in the long haul if you're sensitive to the warmer stimulating push of psychedelic PEA's. 60mg of nasal 2c-d might be something similar in my estimation but the at least 4x longer duration and infinitely longer come up of the beta methoxy version (16 hrs vs 4) really makes it a different animal.

It is definitely something to experience this substitution and I am glad that I have. I wonder how the duration and subjective effects might be affected by placing a beta methoxy on MDMA or by adding a carbon to a beta keto ampehetamine like 3 or 4 MMC. It seems like a beta-methoxy amphetamine might be something long whether it produced psychedelic or stimulant effects!! I could easily see beta methoxy MDMA being similar feeling to MDMA or bk-MDMA and being worth exploration one day. I like the introduction of the carbon on this beta oxygen to prevent forming beta hydroxyl metabolites which tend to be more peripherally stimulating and eliminate faster from the bloodstream.

For some reason I suspect that beta-methoxy 4-methylmethamphamine might be a longer lasting alternative to it's cathinone counterpart 4-MMC that won't produce the cardiotoxic 4-methylephedrine metabolite. It would be interesting to see a direct comparison of other beta oxygenated psychedelics and or entactogens and their beta methoxy versions for sure. I think lots more beta methoxy PEA's would be likely active after sampling this and can see chemists having their hands full with new "beta methoxy" drugs in the distant future when everything else becomes exhausted or in a country with more draconian analog laws. Or possibly as cathinone alternatives! Who knows. A beta methoxy 2c drug won't form a dimer like bk-2c-b but the beta oxy seems to make it longer and more similar.

BOD plus MDMA is something special for sure!! I took forever to type this up. I just returned from walking to the liquor store and gotta say it's a beautiful night!! Wow...

Last edited:
Very interesting to hear! I do quite like the stuff and will be revisiting it soon. Was considering an allylescaline combo. They do have something in common, in my estimation. But AL seems to have this quality of enhancing visual effects and I’m curious if it could enhance BOD’s psychedelia, which has been mild for me so far (up to 43mg).
Thank you @simstim for your reporting 👍
I may just try the MDMA combo a few months down the line.

Thanks for your reporting! Not many reports on this one, and you've done a good job providing some solid data points. :)
Thank you. I hope I didn't post too many in trip updates here and I hope people enjoy the information. As cheap and mild as this is I could see it developing a following for use at long parties or as something to enhance the effects of other entactogenic and psychedelic drugs. In many many ways it's like way a longer acting 2c-d with less side effects. Especially from the standpoint of insufflation.

I think beta methoxy 2c-i might be nice based on this. Mostly just because I thought 2c-i was superior to 2c-d. I found 2c-i to be far more visual than 2c-d too and wonder if BOI (meta methoxy 2ci) might be similarly more visual.

I really find BOD lacking in many of the more "peripheral" effects that are so distracting and oftentimes debilitating on 2c drugs.

It was definitely something unique to test!

I've been sitting on 500mg of this for a few months and just waiting for a good excuse to try it! Before I do though I have a couple of questions.

First, I'm staying with family rn and the setting is kind of rural so I'm thinking I'd rather wait until I'm back in a city with more places to spend the energy that this compound apparently provides. Generally I stick to the safety of my bedroom when experimenting with psychedelics but by the sounds of things I might be a bit bored riding this one out indoors?

Secondly, after skimming this thread and the available trip reports I'm feeling a bit torn on dosing, I was initially thinking 25mg but based on these reports I'm thinking that may be a bit underwhelming? How does the body load compare to 2C-B for example? Does it scale up with dose or can I expect a similar physical sensation at 40mg with greater cognitive effects? Any major difference in potency between oral and nasal ROA besides the longer comeup?

I've been sitting on 500mg of this for a few months and just waiting for a good excuse to try it! Before I do though I have a couple of questions.

First, I'm staying with family rn and the setting is kind of rural so I'm thinking I'd rather wait until I'm back in a city with more places to spend the energy that this compound apparently provides. Generally I stick to the safety of my bedroom when experimenting with psychedelics but by the sounds of things I might be a bit bored riding this one out indoors?

Secondly, after skimming this thread and the available trip reports I'm feeling a bit torn on dosing, I was initially thinking 25mg but based on these reports I'm thinking that may be a bit underwhelming? How does the body load compare to 2C-B for example? Does it scale up with dose or can I expect a similar physical sensation at 40mg with greater cognitive effects? Any major difference in potency between oral and nasal ROA besides the longer comeup?
For me 30mg oral was underwhelming (the pills I got were 30mg each). I felt like I could forget I even took something.

Even 45mg snorted was very mild until I added two good MDMA pills. 60mg oral was fun but still not overwhelming.

I definitely recommend snorting it to avoid the two hour come up. Whatever you do plan on it lasting a good 16 hours plus.

I can't compare it to 2c-b but it has way less body load than most other 2c drugs I've tried (some of them can have a really sketchy bodyload).

Lately I've been dosing everything high so maybe don't start with 60mg until you're familiar with the effects personally. As far as I know I'm the first person to report that dose. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

The first time I tried 45mg I smoked some spice and it got better.

Thank you for the reply. Were these pressed pills and if so are you confident that the dose was as advertised? Pills are underdosed all the time, though doing so with such an exotic compound would be an unusual move you can never be too careful. I'll likely be dosing powder in gel caps though I may try snorting if you think that's a better way to go. I won't jump in the deep end with 60mg, I was thinking 40 perhaps as most of the trip reports I've found for 20-25mg have reported an overall mild experience.

No spice but I will have plenty of cannabis on hand.

Thank you for the reply. Were these pressed pills and if so are you confident that the dose was as advertised? Pills are underdosed all the time, though doing so with such an exotic compound would be an unusual move you can never be too careful. I'll likely be dosing powder in gel caps though I may try snorting if you think that's a better way to go. I won't jump in the deep end with 60mg, I was thinking 40 perhaps as most of the trip reports I've found for 20-25mg have reported an overall mild experience.

No spice but I will have plenty of cannabis on hand.
Yes, they were pressed pills so I cannot be 100% sure of the dose.

I definitely recommend snorting it. Even if you snort it the come up is pretty gradual, but it's faster than the 2 hours come up from eating it. It's a really long, mild trip either way though.

It is kinda pushy and stimulating though considering how light the psychedelia was.

It is kinda pushy and stimulating though considering how light the psychedelia was.
More of a trippy stimulant than a stimulating psychedelic then? I can see how it would be well suited to a festival. I've heard 2C-D called the tofu of psychedelics because of how well it combines with other compounds (while being a bit bland on its own). I'm getting the impression that the same would apply here.

I'll probably try it alone first time just to get a feel for it but I'd like to try combining this with a low dose of 2C-B to see whether they potentiate each other at all.

I'll report back when I can.

More of a trippy stimulant than a stimulating psychedelic then? I can see how it would be well suited to a festival. I've heard 2C-D called the tofu of psychedelics because of how well it combines with other compounds (while being a bit bland on its own). I'm getting the impression that the same would apply here.

I'll probably try it alone first time just to get a feel for it but I'd like to try combining this with a low dose of 2C-B to see whether they potentiate each other at all.

I'll report back when I can.
It would definitely potentiate the 2c-b but the 2c-b will wear off long before the BOD will.

It's definitely more like a longer acting 2c-D than anything else.

@Shinji Ikari
Sorry I’m late to the conversation, real life seems to happen whether I want it to or not 😆
First, regarding body load. I have had NONE with BOD. However, I always take preventive measure so that I -don’t- experience it in the first place. I supplement with 350-500mg magnesium daily for a couple days prior, then the same amount the day of the experience. I’ve never experienced vasoconstriction on any substance, but I take citruline malate daily for its vasodilator effect. I suppose the only body load issue I experienced was some tension in the jaw after I was halfway through the day. Nothing major, just noticeable.

Second, dosing. I don’t like pushing people farther than they may be prepared to handle, but BOD has been, (and again, here is the qualifier…) -in my experience-, very mild. I believe 25mg would disappoint just about anyone looking for a full-bodied experience. I might recommend closer to 40mg or slightly more. Of course, I base this off of your previous experience as stated in your comments.

Third, setting and stimulation. I believe nature would be a glorious setting, perhaps more so than the city. And I haven’t experienced any significant stimulation myself. It actually felt dreamy and somewhat sedate, with an alertness to it, though. So I wouldn’t call it a trippy stim, like I might with 3C-P, it’s definitely psychedelic

Any other questions, feel free to ask

This weekend I believe I will be trying 50mg BOD + 30mg allylescaline, time permitting (if not, then it’ll be oral DPT + MAOI).