• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy BOD (4-methyl-2,5,beta-trimethoxyphenethylamine) Thread

That means shit MDMA ;) but lets keep it OT, it's the official BOD thread, people might be reading this in a decade =D

On BOD, you probably should have gone for a higher dose. I never tried it myself, and kinda had in my mind that it would be somewhat disappointing, since I feel like many of these newer ones get kinda overrated and pale in comparison to more established psychedelics, + BOHB was very mediocre. People also start low-ish with these newer ones, so you gotta appreciate the lightness or dose higher. Addams comments were nice though, I hope to find out myself one day. :)

Yes, people have been dosing rather conservatively with some of these relatively unexplored compounds. My total dose last time, after a slight redose at +2hrs, was 43mg. Next time I plan to go for 50mg in one go.
But BOD definitely seems like an inherently mild compound. Give it some time and step it up next time 👍
I’ll be reporting back after I explore it some more, but I do have some other trials to run first.

Edit: I should clarify that when I say it seems inherently mild, I only mean in the sense that I haven’t felt like I would lose myself with the compound. Visuals were definitely present and I was in a very dreamy psychedelic headspace, but I didn’t feel like I would lose touch with reality like one might with higher doses of typtamines; I was still very grounded. I do quite enjoy BOD though, I think it’s lovely stuff. I expect a 50mg trial, when I get around to it, to be rather immersive. I’ll keep you guys posted

Last edited:
I just dosed 2x what are supposed to be 30mg pressed pills of this. Will report back with results. I was going to snort one to see if that helps but the pills are too hard to crush and I lost a tiny sliver of one trying I think. I ended up chewing two. I believe this will be better at a more 2c-d like dose but we shall see.

Wishing you a pleasant trip!
I definitely think that dose orally will be effective, probably no need to bother snorting a pill and deal with all the binders in there.
Looking forward to hearing how it goes 🙂

My last experience with 30mg was very light. I did get a dreamy existence for a few hours. Shadows in my mind seemed to fold on themselves. It wasn't a very traditional psychedelic experience for me. Also, very mild.

I think 60mg feels great! It's been about an hour and 20 min give or take. Very lovey feeling so far. 60mg is far more of an experience I think vs 30mg. I actually feel like I'm reminded of when I tried snorting 60mg of 2c-d. I really enjoyed a cup of coffee a little while ago and have been taking a few puffs of some potent synthetic cannibinoids as well.

60mg is far more of an experience I think vs 30mg
I would hope so, lol 😉
I actually really enjoyed 2C-D as well. I almost exclusively used it via IM injection though. 40+mg IM was just lovely. BOD feels like quite a different animal, but lovely just as well; I’ve experienced no negatives whatsoever. And I do quite like the longer duration and that dreamy sedate feeling 😌

I think 30mg was too light of a dose. Kinda reminded me of too light a dose of AMT or 5-MEO-AMT if you've ever experienced that. Those are really the only psychedelics I've undershot on before getting a more full experience on later that I could compare it with. 60mg has a pretty great body high to it. To me it's kinda of a lovey dovey softer psychedelic experience. It puts me in mind of the 3-mmc I've been taking at 60mg but more psychedelic

It definitely has a very familiar phenethylamine warmth and push at this dose. It's nice. Warm and cozy. No apparent nausea

I enjoyed walking to the liquor store for beer. I really enjoyed seeing the huge catalpa trees behind my home. They're really looking massive and impressive with their huge green leaves and giant seed pods!

Definitely feeling some jaw tension at this dose. I'm kinda unsure if it's because I've been rolling recently or if it's from the BOD. I think it's the BOD. It does seem a bit long compared to the intensity of the psychedelia right now. 60MG is definitely a trip. I was a little ambiguous about 30mg being active for me. It was dreamy i guess. This feels much more like I took a psychedelic.

I really enjoy it at this level. Visually it's somewhat mild but I'm really enjoying the neighbor's fireworks tonight! Happy 4th of July!!

There’s a mention of jaw tension in my notes as well. I didn’t find it mind-bendingly visual, but I’ve been considering adding a medium dose of allylescaline to a decent dose of BOD to try kicking that up a notch. I think it could be a really nice combo since they both have a really warm vibe to me.

I've never tried allylescaline but I could see where it would combine well with something mescaline like. In fact I think the warmth of the body high at 60mg is something mescaline like to begin with. It's definitely something different though.

I am still feeling the BOD. About to attempt to watch Re-Animator bc of a post on facebook. I'm hoping it will be humorous vs just gross. Lol! Rediculous.

wow!! I really gave up on reanimator lol!! it was sicker than you know to watch the whole first half on daily motion. No more! yuck!! lol!

Lately I've been feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Hard to breath right. I'm not sure if it's from smoking spice all night or a side effect of BOD or metabolites there of. Lately I've been thinking I could imagine a psychedelic cathinone might be similar to BOD. Something like bk-DOM.

Last edited:
I really think 60mg of BOD might be residually stimulating for quite some time.

I feel weird. I think something that could cause respiratory depression like benzos might be contraindicated to breathing like this. I'm debating 150mg trazodone. I'm worried that might make it harder to breath too though.

I ended up sleeping without trazodone. I started breathing better when I switched from spice to weed many hours ago. 60mg BOD is long but in my estimation is more worthwhile than 30mg. Cheers!