• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Hi, first time poster, been here a while lurking and reading.

Basically, I had 4 months solid on 300mg a day of oxycodone withdrew fine after 4 days then went om the piss for 3 days and rough for 1 day then back to work.

I have relasped amd ended up on a 4 month oxy binge again doing im excess of 350mg a day, i have lost 3 stone from 16 stone amd look awful, getting quizzed by friends, family and my girlfriend and kid why i look awful and always ill. (Healthy overall)

Yesterday i stopped and took 8mg suboxone and was awful, i woke up with me misses going mad at me due to the bed been soaked and dripping in sweat, got to sleep at 4am till 7 thats it, im off work till monday, today i habe took 4mg of sub.

As i write this i am juat so depressed and cant look at myself in the mirror, my pupils are huge, i cant eat, i just dont know wether to give in and agree im doomed forever in this life.

I have a horse races day with family week tomorrow im dredding how bad i will be feeling/looking.

Worst is im doing it alone and it has to stay that way.

I need off this as i cant live like this, but when or if will i make it i dont know, i cant physically see it ending, my son is home from nursery in 1 hour im dreading it due to i just want to be alone for now.

I cant sleep as i get butterflies like feeeling in my chest which is horrific i cant explain it.

Anyway just thought i would get it off my chest

Welcome to the tribe!

You might consider creating a thread in SL Uk-lad. It's a good place to get support for what you're going through. OD is a good place for it too, SL is just a little more narrowly focused on related issues than this forum.

Cool, il have a look round, just preyinga relapse is not in order.. anything to end this misery

Methadone withdrawal Dilaudid not helping

Hi I am new to this forum but not sure what to do I have been on methadone for about 9 yrs my doc prescribes me 140 methadone 10s and 90 Dilaudid 4mgs ran out of methadone due to a pharmacy issues and may take 7 to 10 days didn't take the Dilaudid so I had 90 to help but they don't seem to be helping at all doing 4mg every 3 to 4 hours orally was doing about 50 mgs of methadone a day so not sure if the Dilaudid isn't enough or what if anyone can help please just trying to figure out how to make it through this thank you so much

Welcome to BL!

Try taking the hydromorphone intranasally or rectally. When taken orally, methadone and hydromorphone as about the same potency mg for mg (7.5mg methadone = 5-10mg hydromorphone, oral), although methadone has a faaar longer half life and less intense peak.

Try 10mg hydromorphone rectal and I highly doubt you'd have any withdrawal.

Thank you and not sure on that have never taken rectally and worried on snorting both because of the higher bioavailability I have snorted hydros and Xanax in my teens but never since and only iv morphine and Dilaudid in the hospital I'm just wondering if I'm taking to little considering the 50 mgs of methadone daily 20 mgs in the morning 10 mgs in the afternoon and 20 mgs at night

I also have a couple 10 mg methadone left have taken 5 mgs a day with the Dilaudid but to no avail not sure if that made it worse or just prolonged the inevitable but today is the the last 5 mgs of methadone I had and took so I will be on Dilaudid from now on until my prescription comes through but if I am able to kick the methadone for Dilaudid before then even better just wondering if it will work how long it will take roughly to stabilize me I have a full-time​job and can't afford to be down. Any imput or advice would be much appreciated

Five "rough" days, but it will probably take more like a week or two before you're really evened out. You'll be able to work fine as long as you're taking enough hydromorphone over the next coulee days.

Any idea if the 4mgs every 3 to 4 hours would be enough doesn't seem to be but I don't want to over do it either was on 50 mgs of methadone a day 20 mgs in the morning 10 mid day and 20 at night have been taking about 5 to 10 mgs a day of methadone for about 5 days just wondering if 4mgs of Dilaudid will work or if I'm not taking enough to really help if you have any suggestions or advice on that it would beuch appreciated

4mg every three to four hours should make a hell of a difference and keep you functional. It might be rough the first five days no methadone, but you won't end up in full withdrawal thank to the hydromorphone. Once the methadone is out of your system the hydromorphone will work better, but you'll have to take it throughout the day given its shorter half life.

Yeah the little methadone I was taking didn't seem to help this morning the Dilaudid seems to be doing alot better I was getting mild to moderate withdrawal but today it seems to be residing so hopefully I have made it over the hump and not a calm in the storm thank you so much for your help and insight bro it is very much appreciated

On a side note I still feel the uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms but the Dilaudid is masking alot of it but not I find when I do feel the Dilaudid it doesn't last long and I find myself checking the clock for my next pill feeling very antsy and feel like I am not fully content any Idea if this will go away and I will feel somewhat normal on Dilaudid or will I always have this anxious feeling for my next pill

dilaudid are notoriously short lived painkillers, 'the crack cocaine of opiates' i believe they have been referred too - hence they probably don't make very good maintenance drugs, if that's what your doing? perhaps reconsider and get a longer lasting pain med or maybe more methadone?

I won't have the chance to get more methadone till my script gets filled I go to a pain management Dr who just recently got raided by dea and fbi. He still has his licence but pharmacies around here won't fill anymore so I had to do mail order script through my insurance he gives es me methadone and Dilaudid for pain but I didn't take the Dilaudid that's the only reason I had it to fall back on at all will probably be another week before my script is in

if that's the case you might want to invest in some comfort meds like gabapentin/pregablin, xanax, imodium and valium cause you might have to go through withdrawal if you can't get anymore pain meds.

can you not go get an emergency appointment elsewhere since your usual place was raided? or you could go to the ER if it gets really bad.

I should get my script bf I run out hopefully just didn't know for sure if the Dilaudid would hold me or if it was ok to take every 2 hours or so instead of 3 to 4

Get some links on the street just in case id say I never tried H but that dont mean i dont always have an emergency bit lying around

It sucks I really don't have that option anymore moved to a small place in Oklahoma from Louisville KY and ain't nothing around really lol

Would it be okay to smoke DMT in opiate withdrawal? I am two weeks clean but I still feel like shit.

I was thinking I'd smoke 50 to 80 milligrams and have my brother watch over me. I literally just woke up today and had this idea, and have some dmt.

I've used DMT frequently in lower doses, last year. My concern is that my body is still extremely weak, I feel like an old man and I am in my 20's. My willpower is strong and my intention is to help myself stay away from heroin because I've really been having strong cravings lately.