• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I am coming clean with him today about at least my oxycodone habit, as I am prescribed it anyway and he knows I use it. It may not be necessary to tell him I use my oxy script in 3 days and am a heroin addict, but I'm going to be telling him I'm rattling, not just sick with the flu. I don't want to do this without someone watching over me and I trust my bro the most.

i think you got this pretty well figured out man, respect
your brother have any previous exp dealing with addiction or drugs (himself, fmily friends etc)?

Yeah man I got this. I'll report back.

Yes he does have experience. Me. I tore my family apart and then moved on to harder drugs. He is as a result very cautious... smokes pot tried shrooms and wants to trip with me. I worry cause I know he's done coke and Mdma before (more than I had done at his age, although I was smokin pot constantly). He will totally be cool with watching over me since he's interested in trying DMT himself so I'll report back!

Okay so I did it twice, an hour apart. The first time was essentially fucking the universe. Letting me know everything would be okay, it was so reassuring.

The second time was more of a slap in the face by that same spirit who felt like she was fucking me an hour earlier. It was very humbling and the first thing I saw was a group of tortured souls reaching out for me. It reminded me of where my chemical dependency could take me in the future. Just be careful it's really healing though. I wouldn't do it again for a while.

By the way each experience, especially the first one took the withdrawals away for around an hour.

Last edited:
I ended up using 50mg, twice, an hour apart. It totally helped to heal my spirit. There was a lot of like, spirits messaging me with things like we know you are suffering but very reassuring that I'll be good. The message I got was that everything is going be okay if I keep it up, but my fate is in my hands. I felt embraced in an emanating cosmic glow that took my withdrawals away for a full hour, and the first time I did it was seriously cosmic sex. One of the best drug experiences of my life. Second time much more stern haha, the first vision I had was of tortured souls behind bars reaching out for me, and She (DMT is a Goddess to me) was sort of telling me you think I'm gonna fuck you like that every time you visit me? haha, although the description of the experience was really beyond words.

I'd probably use the same dose next time before going any higher, but I'd definitely feel comfortable using more. I certainly wouldn't do this while really sick, but it helped so much.

Did you end up having your brother be a trip sitter ? I'm looking forward to either some pharmahuasca https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Pharmahuasca or a quickie trip out of an oil/ dab setup. My girlfriend was going to be my trip sitter but now wants to be a co-pilot so that should be interesting. That's awesome your first trip was cosmic & enlightening. It's always more interesting when you get an urge to jump out of your headspace and into the psychonaut realm.
+
Also I'm studying up on NMDAr antagonists like DXM- dextromethorphan and/ or memantine. Seems to have promise with opioids, benzos and amps whether your w/d'ing or potentiating and slowing the building of tolerance way down.

Actually I had an opiate binge last week for 4 days, I did 3 grams of codeine in 2 days and 3g of tramadol in another 2 days. I ended up withdrawing hard from it, and it was a proper withdrawal. I withdrew from codeine, opium, dihydrocodeine and heroin before but these 4 days of binging were at the level of withdrawals after months of having one shot daily of heroin. Is this kind of weird? I didn't expect it at all, it just hit me in the evening the day after last dose. It's fourth day without opiates today and I still feel a bit achy in my back and legs, and very restless

Withdrawals (W/D's) from Opioids are somewhat akin to a muscle or organism, every time you go through them they become stronger & meaner. IIRC it's known as "Kindling" and is not exclusive to Opioids as Benzodiazepines and EtOH share the same trait.

"Each withdrawal leads to more severe withdrawal symptoms than the previous withdrawal syndrome." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative%E2%80%93hypnotic_withdrawal)

On another note you should take it easy on the supra-therapeutic doses of Tramadol. Above 450mg increases your risk of seizure and can also interact with other meds as well. 1,500mg a day of Tram is asking for trouble.

Seeing as your on day 4 this should be over fairly soon. Take Care sam21

Thanks for clarifying that. I almost fucked up today, when I woke up in pain and discomfort at 4am in the morning I had this idea of screwing the whole thing by dosing myself with some poppy pods and I wasnt far to actually doing it. I even went to the nearest spot where bunch of poppies grow but some f*cker harvested the whole lot before I got a chance!!! I ended up taking amphetamines on trust from a nearby house and gave up on opiates. Now Im glad I did that, coz if I took any opiate my withdrawals would be back to square one tomorrow and I would have to go through the same ordeal again!

Now Im convinced that the high is not worth the withdrawals, at all. You get high, you're good for that first hour and that's the best bit finished, but once you're addicted and withdrawing it's an all day struggle for days, I mean minute after minute you're stuck with this pain and it got so bad for me that the second day of withdrawals I couldnt even sit up on my bed. I was so thirsty but felt too sick to get a drink from the kitchen.

Im not doing that again... Although I had some good nods :) Proper nods, where you nod off straight after the dose kicks in and you're just nodding through those dream like landscapes, you even hear the music playing but somehow you're too indulged in a nod that it doesn't connect with you. It was like sailing on a wave of happiness :)

Last edited:
Can I get high off 500 mg acetaminophen

No, would be awesome if you had a headache or small boo boo though.

I should add that it's doesn't matter how much acetaminophen you take you will not get high but if you take to much you could very well damage your liver.

So it has been 7 days since taking my last 5mgs of methadone from 50mgs a day for 8 years I go to pain management but my doc had a run in with the DEA and fbi so I'm stuck now have been taking Dilaudid 4mg every 3 to 4 hours and had a good day last week but has been aweful since. My family doc also gave me some t4s and I have taken with the Dilaudid but still am feeling aweful. Is that weird that I'm still not settling out with the Dilaudid? Will it settle? Or am I just screwed please any help or advice would be amazing. Thank you

So the kindling thing , I've always wondered , would it be smarter to just stay on the said drug rather than detox and relapse detox and relapse ?
Kinda interesting I've always thought about kindling.

I think another aspect to kindling is when you detox a few times, you mentally become weaker.
So the next time you start kicking you don't have that same mental outlook from the start where you're thinking "okay I'm ready for anything let's handle this get clean" like I did my first few times kicking.

Your first time kicking you're ready mentally because you wanna deal with it, it's a first time experience.

But once you're deep a few years into addiction it gets old, and you experience withdrawals a bunch of times maybe not full detoxes but enough 12 hour periods that add up where you just don't wanna deal with it at all.

Maybe that's how I am , but anyways it's 7-8 hours since my last shot gonna give it my all this weekend wish me luck

It seems if you have been on opioids long enough things like ORT, methadone/ suboxone, are good ideas to stay productive while you work on slowly decreasing to a possible clean future. If it's only been a few months then a more rapid detox seems appropriate as the PAWS will be nearly non-existent.

My first serious W/D was horrible and my attempt at making it subside with a 12 pack of beer just made it that much worse a couple hours later. This was pre-BlueLight so I was an uninformed lad and ended up nearly OD'ing on phenobarbital which is not easy to do. It was the not knowing how much worse it was going to get that had me in such a desperate state of mind. Although I can agree that after so many W/D's it's easy to lose the motivation that's required to see it through. I'm even using gabapentin again to help but never more than 10 days as it's W/D is a whole other type of hell.

Good Luck with this weekend GB21!

So after 8 years of methadone for pain management I have been off for 23 days used Dilaudid that I had to help was still was pretty aweful now for the last week I have taken nothing but t4's I feel like I'm starting to settle out but still have bad cravings and my nerves are shot but fairly good transition just wondering how bad it would be to jump off completely I go to a new pain doc in 4 days and not sure if I want to get back on anything stronger just wondering if jumping off completely and just dealing with the pain will be a easier option any experience or advice would greatly help

2nd Time cold turkey

Hey. I'm a 6 year everyday opiate addict. I quit cold turkey for 55 days then relapsed everyday for the last three months about .5 h snorting everyday.
I'm done with it now. I am 72 hrs in with no physical symptoms. I've taken loparamide, dosed 2, 10mg valium each day, severe cold meds, and 25mg seroquel at night and get 8 hrs of sleep bc of it. I am waiting for the hell I remember from last time to finally show up but it hasn't. I've been drinking coconut water, protein drinks, all natural juices, eating bananas, pistachios, and peanut butter. What is going on? I was terrified of wds when I decided to quit again, but I have money with no cravings and very little discomfort.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cold turkey from opiates

Quit cold turkey after 6 year everyday opiate habit, made 55 days and relapsed heavy these past 3 months up to .5 h snorting per day, rox 30s mixed in. I hate my life and decided to quit it's been 72 hours. I found 6, 10mg valium and have dosed 2 daily. Knocked out the debilitating anxiety I was having. I am still waiting for wds to arrive but they have not at all. Loparamide and severe cold meds have helped and I take 25mg seroquel at night to sleep. I've been waiting for the 5 day hell I experienced last time. Where is it? I've been drinking protein drinks and all natural juices. Bananas, pistachios, peanut butter, coconut water, Gatorade. I even worked a shift at the 48 hour mark as a waiter.

Do you think I'm lucky or is 3 months not long enough to develop severe wd symptoms?

Hey, I have been clean for a while for dope after a five year habit. The habit was heavy and nearly killed me several times although I mainly sniffed (that doesn't mean shit in my opinion) - but I started shooting up and very quickly disposed of my bag of needles and quit. Anyways it's been over a month, I was too fucked up and wrecked and strung out to really keep track of time but it has been a damn long time and I'm doing generally awesome now.

I quit oxy's last year for a few months and it was the insomnia and extreme constant feeling of panic that led me back to dope. I'm not going back, ever, but I have very serious chronic spine pain and when I can't sleep a full 8 hours, sometimes I can't get out of bed the next day. How long does this insomnia last??? My buddy told me it was the last thing for him to go away. Never had issues sleeping before. I'm taking melatonin, and smoking a lot of weed in the evenings. I just can't fucking get some rest and I need it so much. i can't take anymore sleepless nights or 2 hour nap teases.

So, unfortunately I overdosed on heroin in May of this year and haven't used it since. I couldn't afford to go into rehab so I had to do it on my own at my house. I know, not the best idea. I had a decent supply of tramadol to help with the WD's but unfortunately I ended up taking them longer than I should have and started withdrawing off of them. This past week I ran out and could not get anyway for another week. The WD's were not that bad compared to heroin so I tolerated them and after day 7 I started feeling a lot better. Problem is my connect had them again as had been giving them to me. I've only taking max 150mg a day (sometimes a bit more) and now after 4 days back on them I'm really leaning towards just quitting them. But it's very hard when I get them for free. I tell myself no more but when they're out it my hand I don't think twice and take them right down. I know a lot of people say Trams aren't much of anything but I can tell you not having any when in need it is very unpleasant. I think I can just stop again just wondering if it's a good idea. Like I wont go into a sezuire or anything will I?

It's unlikely you'll have a seizure from tramadol withdrawal. It's more likely taking higher doses of tramadol or combine it with certain other drugs/medications.

Listen to your gut. If you need to quit work on quitting. There are lots of things you can do to support yourself (and find the support you need) without going inpatient. In fact, Id argue that most people who go inpatient would be better off doing it at home with appropriate professional help.

Consider starting a thread about your struggle with this in SL. And welcome to BL!