• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

I just wanted to point out that I called this Indians/Sox ALCS about a quarter through this season. and I said that the winner will win the WS. I am sticking to that, of course.

^Pfft. Barely. Byrd tomorrow. If they get past him they get to face C.C. back in Cleveland. I'm still feelin good about it.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I neglected patients so badly yesterday at work during the last few innings of this game. Lol.

SonOF said:
Ryan you live in NY, right? How great is it, the papers are seriously blaming that Yankee loss partly on THE BUGS that were on the field! Poor Joba "The Hut" Chamberlain! It's like...uh, the bugs were annoying BOTH teams...that weren't specifically biting Yankees!

hahahah

EFFFFFFFF the Yankees! Torre and Cashman will both be fired if Cleveland wins this series, especially if the Yankme's get swept!

naw, i actually live in ohio. =D

though thats the same argument i bring up. the bugs were all over BOTH teams, and even while they were on joba chamberlain, they were all over the cleveland batters, so that argument is so weak when people say "the bugs are the reason the yankees lost, thats bullshit!" no its not, the bugs bothered BOTH teams. the indians just held their composure during the stint in a better fashion than the yanks did.

though i will say, i feel for torre, i would say he should stay, but something tells me he wont, though a small part of me believes he will (but not very much of me). i highly doubt that posada will leave this year, arod, i could see him considering it, but i dont know, i think he'll be back.

regardless, go tribe!!!!!

the sabathia v beckett matchup will be the most difficult for the tribe, but still feasible as long as sabathia is on that night.

carmona v daisuke... honestly, i would take carmona any day.

schilling v westbrook... thats a toss up, schilling has tons of post season experience, plus he's a seasoned veteran, but ive seen him pitch and yeah he's got his stuff sometimes, but a young team like cleveland who just doesnt give two shits about the name if the ball is in their reach... they'll hit him and ware his old ass out faster than clemens the other night (though granted he had a few other problems as well). and paul byrd... lets be honest, you dont have to think he's the most impressive pitcher, because he's not, but he's effective. when he throws, the defense is always behind him. he throws strikes, and to be honest with you, i thought that a pitcher with a style of paul byrd's would be easy to hit for a team like the yankees, but they had a rough time converting hits to runs. im confident in byrds abilities. he's a smart pitcher and kelly shoppach is a good man for him to have behind the plate. he calls a good game, has a good arm, and carries a strong bat. the ONLY thing that sucks about byrd pitching is that it means garko sits to make room for victors bat by putting him at first. then again you cant possibly consider taking martinez out.

all in all, i think the red sox are the only team of the remaining 3 that can beat the indians, but i think the indians are the only team left that can match the sox. i can see the tribe winning if they play their cards right and eric wedge is a brilliant manager. this should be a GREAT series!

Being a New Yorker and an avid sports radio listener, I had to listen to Yankee fans piss and moan ALL DAY LONG. The topic of conversation went from Torre's future, to A-Rod's future to why the Yanks lost, to what they need to do in the off season....repeat, recycle...oh man. Like a broken record. 8)

Yet it was SOOO worth it having the Yanks lose ;)

Tribe/Sox is going to be a great series. I like Boston in 7, but wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland pulls it out. I think Beckett/Schilling are just a bit better than Sabathia/Carmona, and Dice-K/Wakefield are easily better than Byrd/Westbrook.

In the NL, it's a toss up. I know I'm rooting for Colorado simply because Arizona is boring as shit, but can't really make a prediction on that one. :D

Sports radio was talking about how MLB needs Boston in the Series if they want any kind of TV ratings. Most were claiming that Cleveland/Rockies doesn't have enough star power (despite decent stories for both franchises), and Cleveland/Arizona would be an absolute ratings disaster (does anyone outside of 'Zona care about the D-Backs? Methinks not).

i'm a red sox fan and tim wakefield is one of my favourite sox players but i always get nervous when he's pitching in a big game because when he's on, it's incredible but if it's not working...

same for dice-k. i should have more support but i just sit there waiting for him to hand over 8 runs in one inning after throwing a one-hitter through 6 or 7...

go sox!

alasdair

Schilling is in no way a better than Carmona this season and Dice-k is shaky at best. Beckett and Sabathia match up really good tho

As a colorado resident, i couldn't resist the temptation to brag because we finally did it. Not only that, but we did it by winning 21 of our last 22, something never done before in baseball HISTORY.

So, how bout them rockies? I hope we get to play the sox, i have a feeling we stand a better chance against them for some reason.

congrats to the rockies on their first world series appearance.

alasdair