• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

my team (the indians) became the first mlb team to clinch a playoff spot winning the AL central!!!

please tell me i'm not about to wake up from a wonderful dream...

I'm not a Rockies fan, but I hope that they win today. I'm hoping for a Rockies/Indians World Series, but I'd also be fine with a Padres/Indians WS.

WOW.

I hope there's others of you watching the Colorado/San Diego game right now 8o

What a great matchup, the Rockies have truly earned their spot in the postseason.

So what's everyone's predictions on the post season?

To be honest, NL has been so tight it's almost hard to predict.

I find the indians will take NY, and I also think LA will put down Boston. But it could go either way with that one because both of those teams are usually on but can be very off for a few games.

much as i dislike the yankees, it's hard to bet against them especially after the second half they had. that said, here's what i think:

sabathia > wang
carmona > pettite
westbrook < clemens (clemens has hardly been on fire but he'll bring it for the postseason.)
byrd > mussina

indians in 4.

beckett > lackey
matsuzaka < escobar
schilling > weaver (like clemens, schilling's not superhot but his postseason experience should pay off)
beckett > lackey

red sox in 4.

they should both be awesome series.

alasdair

I like your thinking lol. I'm not worried about the indians beating the red sox or the angels if it comes down to it. I think our only hurdle is the yankees because of how amazing they play post-season most years. Regardless I'm excited.

LeadSingerDisorder said:
I like your thinking lol. I'm not worried about the indians beating the red sox or the angels if it comes down to it. I think our only hurdle is the yankees because of how amazing they play post-season most years. Regardless I'm excited.

Dude you're retarded, the Indians DESTROYED the yankees just the same way they'll destroy anyone else they face in the post.

^ lol - are you two related?

hindsight is great :)

alasdair

to all the naysayers... the tribe just beat the skankees again tonight! though it was a much closer game going to the 11th, but they DID put a W on the boards!!!

tribe leads the series 2-0!!!!!!

ryanlaughlin said:
to all the naysayers... the tribe just beat the skankees again tonight! though it was a much closer game going to the 11th, but they DID put a W on the boards!!!

FUCK YEAH. It's our turn this year.

LET'S GO TRIBE!!!! =D

I was at the game tonight. Absolutely fantastic finish to an awesome game. I was hoping the Angels would advance just so my tickets to the ALCS (don't blow it now, guys) would be on Friday and Saturday instead of Monday and Tuesday but Manny just put the LA up against the ropes. Excellent games through and through.

MLB: Best sports postseason, period.

Keep it going TRIBE!
capt.f18c48b15c2e4054b5cd94f03abf17c3.yankees_indians_baseball_ohmd126.jpg

Last edited:
go red sox! i am so glad i was watching that :)

that is all.

alasdair

ryanlaughlin said:

Ryan you live in NY, right? How great is it, the papers are seriously blaming that Yankee loss partly on THE BUGS that were on the field! Poor Joba "The Hut" Chamberlain! It's like...uh, the bugs were annoying BOTH teams...that weren't specifically biting Yankees!

hahahah

EFFFFFFFF the Yankees! Torre and Cashman will both be fired if Cleveland wins this series, especially if the Yankme's get swept!

Fuck the A's. They haven't been significant in 15 years.

Sox vs Rocks WS?