• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

Hell yeah. Go tribe!!!!!!!!

I'm getting more and more excited as the Indians continue to perform amazingly!!

I also believe that both the yanks and the sox are better teams than the rockies. I think it's finally our year! *knocks on wood*

:D

cleveland are looking good. how can boston play so well for so long and then just not show up for the last 3 games :(

oh well. they've dug themselves out of a deeper hole that this...

alasdair

True but it took them 86 years.....

Rockies in 4 :D

wagon.jpg

Hottest team in baseball = Colorado
Best team in baseball = Boston
Luckiest team in baseball = Cleveland

Bauer095 said:
True but it took them 86 years.....

Wrong, Asshat.

1999 anyone?

Cleveland was up 2-0 on the Sox in the ALDS. They needed just one win in 3 tries to advance to the ALCS. Sox won 3 in a row, including one of the greatest playoff pitching performances in history by Pedro Martinez in Game 5, to take the series.

2007 - Tribe is up 3-1 on the Sox in the ALCS. They need just one win in 3 tries to advance to the World Series.

Beckett
Schilling @ Fenway
Dice-K @ Fenway

GO SOX!

Chill guy, I was kidding, referring to the length of time it took Boston to win a World Series-- that being the bigger hole.

The Rockies are really a cute story, but they don't compare to AL baseball.

Whatever team wins the ALCS will take the World Series in 5.

er, i was thinking a little more recently... their comeback from 0-3 in the '04 alcs, for example.

:)

i give the rockies a little more respect than you, dave. they've won something like 20 out of their last 21 games which is impressive by any standard (sweeping the padres once and the dodgers twice in that time).

alasdair

alasdairm said:
er, i was thinking a little more recently... their comeback from 0-3 in the '04 alcs, for example.

:)

alasdair

I was pointing out that it's occured more than once.

alasdairm said:
i give the rockies a little more respect than you, dave. they've won something like 20 out of their last 21 games which is impressive by any standard (sweeping the padres once and the dodgers twice in that time).

alasdair

You're makin my point.

Dodgers? Padres? They'd be the way of the ChiSox and Tigers in the American League.

it's cool. i still think their current run is impressive. we'll soon find out if they can ride it all the way.

i love the red sox but having dice-k slated for a possible game 7 decider makes me nervous...

still, my '04 alcs/world series box set arrived today so i can always watch that :)

alasdair

I agree that it doesn't take a miracle to recover from a 3-1 deficit, but when the next two games will be against C.C. and Carmona, it's going to take something close. Not to mention the Indians offensive power.

And even though the Rockies have been awesome when it comes to beating other shitty N.L teams, either the Indians or the Sox will beat them in the world series. So I also agree with you there.

TopRocka said:
The Rockies are really a cute story, but they don't compare to AL baseball.

Whatever team wins the ALCS will take the World Series in 5.
Earlier this season I would have been inclined to agree, but not anymore. I think that the Rockies will beat the Indians (who, btw, I think will end up winning the series after losing on Thursday and winning on Saturday) in either five or six games. The Rockies are for real, not some team who happened to make it to the World Series for no other reason than luck.

As for the luckiest team in baseball, it definitely was not the Indians. That title belongs to the Arizona Diamondbacks. A team that gives up more runs than it scores, like the Diamondbacks, should never be a playoff bound team, and if they are, they should consider themselves lucky. Everyone wants to talk about how the Rockies have everything going in their favor and are lucky, but the Rockies are an excellent defensive, very good hitting, solid pitching team that was simply overlooked most of the season. Put all of those together and it's no wonder why the Rockies are the NL Champs. The Diamondback, on the other hand, are the definition of lucky. They were, at best, an average team during the regular season.

I think Tim Wakefield is one of the worst pitchers in professional baseball. that knuckle ball he throws is great until hitters start timing it up in 5 innings and then they have a field day. I don't know what you all are saying when you say Cleveland is the luckiest team in baseball... but the Indians do one thing well and that is making opposing teams pay for their mistakes. to beat Cleveland you have to play mistake-free ball. Boston is just not ready to do that right now.

Cleveland rocks!

Axl Blaze said:
I think Tim Wakefield is one of the worst pitchers in professional baseball. that knuckle ball he throws is great until hitters start timing it up in 5 innings and then they have a field day. I don't know what you all are saying when you say Cleveland is the luckiest team in baseball... but the Indians do one thing well and that is making opposing teams pay for their mistakes. to beat Cleveland you have to play mistake-free ball. Boston is just not ready to do that right now.

Cleveland rocks!

Yet another reason why I, in no shape or form, have any respect for your "casual fan" baseball knowledge.

LeadSingerDisorder said:
I agree that it doesn't take a miracle to recover from a 3-1 deficit, but when the next two games will be against C.C. and Carmona, it's going to take something close. Not to mention the Indians offensive power.

And even though the Rockies have been awesome when it comes to beating other shitty N.L teams, either the Indians or the Sox will beat them in the world series. So I also agree with you there.

CC was nasty in Game 1. I'm skeered.

Did you forget CC & Carmona are matching up with Beckett & Schilling?