• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

indians are doing pretty good. they are my fav team! Iam excited for the reg season, you should definately start watchin some games from down there !

Bauer095 said:
^ why so sad?

I love the braves too, lived in Atlanta for a good 7 years--got to experience the joy of 95 and the anguish of 96 :) But I do think they'll do very well this year, can't decide yet who I have winning the NL, them or the Astros, but things will definitely be better for them than last year ;)

I know, but I was so disappointed last year, but Im sure theyll do better. They cant really do worse. I am definately looking forward though!

Go TIGERS! Honestly we were a few throws from first away from winning the WS. Adding Sheff gives us that extra big bat we desperatly needed last season. Now that all the youngsters know how to win, have tasted sucess they are gonna be hugery as all hell to have it all. Our boys just need to continue from last season. Guys like Inge, Robertson, Verlander, Bonderman all need to stay at the level they were last season. If they do look out.

<------- yeah!

I honestly haven't been following baseball too closely the last couple of years because I was too high, but I do know that some things never change. I still hate the goddamn Yankees. But not because they have a payroll double that of any other team, and not because most Yankee fans are obnoxious pricks, no no no, I will always hate them because of this:

180px-Jeffmaier.jpg

game 1, 1996 ALCS handed to the Yankees on a silver platter....... Every O's fan on the face of the planet has never forgotten that bullshit

Yeah, but now that I'm sober, I'll probably be trying to get to a couple games this year.

JerryBlunted said:
i'm a yankees fan, i can't friggin wait for this year. i won't bother bragging about the squad, just wish everyone a great year of baseball with minimal injuries and good, exciting races.

anyone else a fantasy baseball fan? i have a pretty good team in my 15 man league:

C Pudge Rodriguez
C Jason Varitek

1B Albert Pujols
2B Robinson Cano
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Bobby Crosby

CI Mark Loretta
MI Placido Polanco

LF Hideki Matsui
CF Endy Chavez
RF Magglio Ordonez

OF Melky Cabrera
OF Trot Nixon

Util Kenny Lofton

Bench = Pedro Feliz, Scott Hatteberg

SP Daisuke Matsuzuka
SP Javier Vasquez
SP Ted Lilly
SP Kei Igawa
SP Vincente Padilla

RP Mariano Rivera
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Scott Proctor
RP Geoff Geary

Bench = Jeff Weaver, Miguel Batista, Steve Trachsel

I'll probably shift Papelbon to Igawa's position, unless he improves from his spring training performance. I'm real happy about my position players.

If you drafted that team in a league with 15 teams, you're playing with a bunch of morons.

And Papelbon's an RP, not a SP, so how could you shift him to Igawa's position?

earlier in the spring he was slated to move to the rotation, since then they decided to keep him in relief. i had the number one overall pick, which did help my draft, but there are about two other teams of high quality and a lot of bullshit.

btw: i don't want to hear shit about the yankees payroll now that so many other clubs came to the startling realization that you have to reinvest in your business in order to achieve success, regardless of what field you are in.

I am just hoping the Reds can stay in the playoff race until football starts in september and that Adam Dunn cuts down on strikeouts or gets traded.
And also I hope the Yankees don't make the playoffs (which is every year), the Red Sox suck and Cleveland.

Where did Dice-K go in your draft, Jerry? He went 3rd round in mine. I was kind of shocked.

I had a top 5 of Soriano, Rollins, Mauer, A. Ramirez, Papelbon.. was one pick off of having Ortiz instead of Rollins in the 2nd round.

i believe i got him in the third or fourth. i got cano right after him and was shocked at how such a talented player in such a shitty position was still available.

I think I'm the only person in IL that is a SOX and CUBS fan. Moreso the sox but cubbies games are so much fun!

well my team may NEVER play a game again if it keeps f'n snowing!

the indians btw. ;)

Go Fuckin Cardinals

I'm from STL and I can't think of anything better than winning a second world series. Two in a row here we fuckin come.

^With what team? Cardinals are awful. If they win the Central, it'll be under .500

youarewhatyouis said:
<------- yeah!

I honestly haven't been following baseball too closely the last couple of years because I was too high, but I do know that some things never change. I still hate the goddamn Yankees. But not because they have a payroll double that of any other team, and not because most Yankee fans are obnoxious pricks, no no no, I will always hate them because of this:

180px-Jeffmaier.jpg

game 1, 1996 ALCS handed to the Yankees on a silver platter....... Every O's fan on the face of the planet has never forgotten that bullshit

Yeah, but now that I'm sober, I'll probably be trying to get to a couple games this year.

you know whats funny? i was a die hard o's fan in those days, and yes, i still remember that vividly. that fuckin bitch jeff mayer that caught the ball plays ncaa baseball now, and i hope he has a terrible career. i too HATE the goddamned yankees. that was the single most KEY moment to that series.

TopRocka said:
^With what team? Cardinals are awful. If they win the Central, it'll be under .500

We shall see, they sucked all of the first half of the season and look what happened.

you know whats funny? i was a die hard o's fan in those days, and yes, i still remember that vividly. that fuckin bitch jeff mayer that caught the ball plays ncaa baseball now, and i hope he has a terrible career. i too HATE the goddamned yankees. that was the single most KEY moment to that series.

yeah, jeffrey mayer is running a high risk of death and dismemberment if he ever shows his face at camden yards and identifies himself.

back to the yankees........ now what was i saying? oh yeah..... fuck the yankees. their fans are spoiled little bitches. after they lost to the tigers last year in the playoffs, alot of yankees fans wanted him fired! can you believe that shit? so spoiled, so damn spoiled.....

fuck em, the O's just took 2 out of 3 games from em anyways :)

yankees fans remind of those sweet 16 girls on MTV

"waaaa i need a world series
"but we spent 200 million to make you happy"
"i hate you i hate you i hate you"

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle

We shall see, they sucked all of the first half of the season and look what happened.

the cards winning the series was the definition of fluke. the only reason they won was because of the tigers inexperience. the yankees would have sent their sorry asses home crying. and we all know what the tigers did to the yanks.

detroit is taking it this year. believe that.

if there was any fluke in MLB last year, it was the tigers beating the yanks