• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2007 MLB thread!

Axl Blaze said:
I think Tim Wakefield is one of the worst pitchers in professional baseball. that knuckle ball he throws is great until hitters start timing it up in 5 innings and then they have a field day.
that's a management issue not a pitching issue.

that said, i've seen wakefield's knuckleball dance at fenway on a hot and heavy night and, when he's on, there's nothing quite like it in baseball.

alasdair

Axl Blaze said:
the Sox had a great season this year, nothing to be ashamed about. ;)

IS MANNY ORTIZ GOIN TO HIT A HOMERRRUNNER BOMBER SHOT OFF FAUSTO SIZEMORE?

I LUVERRS ME SUM BASEBALLS!

TopRocka said:
CC was nasty in Game 1. I'm skeered.

Did you forget CC & Carmona are matching up with Beckett & Schilling?

He didn't play well, big deal he was still one of the best pitchers this year, even when he'd pitch great games and have Borowski blow the save.

Baseball teams can have lucky games, but not lucky seasons. You gotta admit the Indians have a ton of talent, and for the past couple months it has been overwhelming for most teams.

And I like all New England teams, I always have. So I'm not talking shit on them either. But the Indians are just out playing them.

LeadSingerDisorder said:
He didn't play well, big deal he was still one of the best pitchers this year, even when he'd pitch great games and have Borowski blow the save.

Baseball teams can have lucky games, but not lucky seasons. You gotta admit the Indians have a ton of talent, and for the past couple months it has been overwhelming for most teams.

And I like all New England teams, I always have. So I'm not talking shit on them either. But the Indians are just out playing them.
Actually, teams can have lucky seasons, like the 2007 Arizona Diamondbacks (I have absolutely no idea how they got into the playoffs) and the 2006 St. Louis Cardinals (thanks to winning a very weak division that got them into the playoffs), but for the most part, they are anomalies. I agree that the Cleveland Indians are not a team that made the playoffs simply due to luck, they are a good team. Last year they were thought to be a team that would be playoff bound, but ended up having a disappointing season, though the talent was still there. This year they finally got everything together and it's no surprise they made it to the ALCS, only one game away from the WS.

TopRocka said:
Yet another reason why I, in no shape or form, have any respect for your "casual fan" baseball knowledge.

hehe my roomate says more or less the same thing to me when i try to comment about the sox. he prefers the patronizing nod to blatantly telling me that i dont know shit ;)

drew actually drove in runs! in a big fuckin way! things arent looking so good for cleveland

^ That was actually pretty impressive, a BA around .115 with runners on base, and he looked like it was more like .600. Tell me that wasn't unexpected lol.

i think that's one of the reasons boston are so successful - when the main hitters are not producing, the weaker players step it up and get the job done. last night:

drew and logo: 4 for 9 with 7 rbi
ortiz and ramirez: 1 for 6 with 1 rbi

alasdair

alasdairm said:
i love the red sox but having dice-k slated for a possible game 7 decider makes me nervous...

Me too. I was thinking about it too..Im pretty sure Beckett wasnt the greatest at first either so I took back my negative thoughts about dicek

GOOOO SOX!

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

BDD_tribe_drum_10.18.07_bdd.jpg

Axl Blaze said:
I don't know what you all are saying when you say Cleveland is the luckiest team in baseball... but the Indians do one thing well and that is making opposing teams pay for their mistakes. to beat Cleveland you have to play mistake-free ball. Boston is just not ready to do that right now.

Cleveland rocks!

=D !

TopRocka blew his wad all over the screen last night. J22 was sorely missed.

wow things were really crazy here last night Boston. I could barely walk around Fenway... there were so many cops out here it felt like I was in Nazi Germany. the Sox deserved to win even though I was sure that Dice-K would blow the game like a Chinatown whore.

a Colorado VS Sox WS should be a good one. not because the Rockies really have no history, but because they are RED HOT right now.

yes, I was singing songs about "Caroline" and "Dirty Water" last night.

Axl Blaze said:
wow things were really crazy here last night Boston. I could barely walk around Fenway... there were so many cops out here it felt like I was in Nazi Germany. the Sox deserved to win even though I was sure that Dice-K would blow the game like a Chinatown whore.

a Colorado VS Sox WS should be a good one. not because the Rockies really have no history, but because they are RED HOT right now.

yes, I was singing songs about "Caroline" and "Dirty Water" last night.

Weren't you just shitting on the Sox?

Now you're gargling Papelbon's ballsack deep in your throat?