• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

I took 2c-i and was tripping off that and smoked roughly 10-20mg of DMT and the 2c-i high changed and stayed the same for the duration of the night. Idk if the 2c-i is a (MOAI) or what but if seemed so dull the effects of both visually and heighten the body high of the 2.

i also took 5 HTP before the 2c-i trip which i had heard would be a bad thing, It didnt do mucj i dont think, and the 5 HTP would have still been in my system during the smoking of the DMT.

Last edited:
I've tried ayahuasca 3 times now, and I don't think I'm doing it right. :(

Last time, the strongest trip, I parachuted 4.5 g of ground Syrian rue and an hour or so later, start drinking the brew, this time made of 18g MHRB.

I definitely tripped, but it wasn't what I would call mind-blowing.

Am I not taking enough? Does it really have to be simmered several hours? I generally simmer about 30 minutes and strain, three times.

Maybe a lot of DMT is staying in the bark pulp?

OK. It worked! Took it late at night and my girl and new roommate kept asking me to perform difficult tasks like "unfold the blanket," Turn on some music," etc. I kept trying to explain to them what a fucked-up state I was in, but it kept coming out like a foreign language.....

I see the hype now. Fuckin nuts.

Just a tip for all you who don't wanna do a full extraction but don't want to eat a bunch of bark either. Just use grain alcohol and mix with pulverized bark in a pickle jar. shake multiple times over the course of a day and pour the contents through a filter of some kind and into a pyrex dish. Add some fresh grain and shake throughout the day, again. Filter this and put the liquid with your first load in the pyrex dish. Should take no longer than a couple hours to dry, then you can scrape it up with a razorblade and weight it, comparing it with the original weight of the bark, making your doses that way, and vwalah, about 1/6 the wieght of the bark and I haven't puked yet, though I have gotten close. Also, I just tried the liquid harmaline 5x extract from a reputable place and found that instead of containing 75mg's per dropper that it only contained maybe 15-20mg's. So I dried about 16 dropper fulls to get roughly 300mg's. I will never buy the liquid harmaline extract again, either I'll extract from rue or just drink some B. caapi, though the liquids are what I try to avoid. Hope this helps somebody. Peace everyone.

back from the deadddd.......

question:

what would be your ideal setting for an ayahuasca experience (barring the Amazonian jungle w/ a shaman).

I'm thinking about do a first time journey totally solo... I'm not sure whether I feel comfortable tripping at home; but, I'm also not sure whether I want to spend 6 hours spraying shit and vomit from both ends out in the woods...

input? :\

my first trip on aya was in the woods outside my friends cabin, but not that far away from a bathroom. ive never had the shits on aya but being outside can be nice since it doesnt really matter where to projectile vommiting occurs. ive tripped on aya solo before and been fine, though once was inside and ended up ruining an old rug i had onthe floor :( id say as long as your fairly experienced with shrooms/acid you should be fine alone. for me, at least, once th purge is over there isnt anything left to throw up (since this is often pretty violent),so it wouldnt be 6 hours of vomiting. also the trip lasts around 3 hrs, though feels muuuuch longer. just my experience, good luck.

another question: does the boiling process produce odors that would seem out of the ordinary in a domestic kitchen? :D

its been a year since i last brewed aya, but the smell isnt terrible. it doesnt smell like your cooking food though, if your trying to hide it from the wife/girlfriend/roomates it might be kinda hard. but it wont contaminate an entire kitchen or anything.

you might not want to take my advice though (not only cause its been a while) but also even the slightest hint of the odor makes me feel sick (perhaps cause my body knows what im about to do to it :)). but im pretty positive it doesnt smell too foul.

What's the dosage for harmaline hcl? 100/200mg sound about right?

Hey, i have an ayahuasca trip planned for next weekend(m.hostillis bark and syrian rue seeds) and got a few questions:

What is the potency for different mh barks like? For example, 'inner root bark' vs rootbark vs just 'bark'.

How many trips would 100g of MH bark and 25g syrian rue seeds be? 4?

How important is not eating certain foods(cheese, wine etc) before you do the trip? Ive heard there can be physical health dangers if you eat foods like that prior/during the trip.

Repeated failures, safety of doing with poppies or morphine?

I made this into its own thread with no response

Maybe this is a better place for it

I have had repeated Ayahuasca failures,
I have tried Ayahuasca many times, doses as high as 25g Mimosa Histolis and 4g 5x syrian rue extract never getting more than a +1 or weak +2. My method has been to eat half the MAOI 30-45min before DMT-containing plant and rest with the plant. I've also used psychotria viridis, diploterys caberena, and banisteriopsis caapi. I've also tried boiling the Rue. I've used many batches of material. I boil the dmt component to about 1/2 cup and same with the Caapi. I have failed each time. I usually add lemon juice to the mix. Heat was set to medium usually, so maybe the heat destroyed it.

What could be the causes of failure? Do you think it is the lemon juice? Overheating? Timing of consumption of mixtures? I mostly just end up vomiting 15-45min later. Am I vomiting too soon? It is always on an empty stomach. I do get light effects, but typically only threshold. One made it to a low +2. I hadn't tripped in weeks prior to any of these sessions.

Would a cold water extraction perhaps be a better way to go?

Also, I am addicted to poppies. I have read the from medical sources that MAOIs have safely been combined with morphine and codeine. Would poppies also be safe, or could they contain an additional unsafe indgedient? That worry has kept me from trying again for a long time. I would not want to do it while on poppies if that is the case, but is sounds like taking a small dose of pure morphine would be ok according to medical texts.

Might I have better success using moclobemide as the MAOI? Moclobemide has a half life of like 2 hours. Might I need to take another dose an hour or so into it to keep the trip from ending early?

I have no idea why the ayahuasca isn't
working.

If you have the time and are willing to share your ideas/opinions, I'd love to know where I most likely failed or a better way of doing
it.

I also am intrested in using an MAOI with poppies. Anyone tried it? I know morphine is fine with MAOIs, but I am worried about other things in poppies causing a dangerous reaction. Any help, or advice would be appreciated.

I want to know if I can use ayahuasca while high on poppies. Or should I just try to get some morphine pills? Morphine is shown safe with maois but poppies contain many chems. Can poppies and maois safely be used together? It's not something I'm planning to try, but maybe someone else has? I want to do ayahuasca this summer, but my poppy addiction my complicate it.

Any input on the opiates of my failed attempts wouls be appreciates/

P hope I have had made enough sense, as I am very high

Last edited:
Might I have better success using moclobemide as the MAOI? Moclobemide has a half life of like 2 hours. Might I need to take another dose an hour or so into it to keep the trip from ending early?

I think the most common failure of ayahuasca would be insufficient maoi inhibition. Taking 300mg of moclobemide would make sure the maoi is in full effect. Try 25g of mimosa with that and if that doesn't work try increasing the mimosa.

You wouldn't need to redose the moclobemide - it works for at least 6 hours.

I think moclobemide would be safe with poppies but I'm not certain - it's a reversible maoi so it's safer than syrian rue. Aurorix probably works out cheaper than syrian rue anyway.

P hope I have had made enough sense, as I am very high

LOL!!

Can someone point me in the right direction, because I always keep getting different answers for this. I know chacruna varies plant to plant but i need an average. How many doses will 58 grams of chacruna make?

>How many doses will 58 grams of chacruna make?

1 if its good. 1/2 if its average!

How long is MHRB tea suitable to drink?

I know there's a B&D Oral DMT thread here somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'd like to get a few sound answers before this thread is inevitably merged with that one ;).

I made some tea from about 20g MHRB about 3 months ago. It sat in the fridge in a sealed mason jar for about 2.5 months and has been in my air-conditioned room for the past week.

Is this safe to drink? Would boiling make it so? There is quite a bit of plant matter still in it.

I always heard the traditional way to store ayahuasca was to bury it, from a couple months up to a decade (8o). It's supposed to increase the potency.

This batch has been well refrigerated for 3 months, and kept in a frigidly air-conditioned room for the past week.

It's going back into the fridge until I get some hard answers. And it I do decide to drink it, it will be well-boiled at least twice.

Thanks! :)

It'll be safe to drink, unless for some reason you added a perishable compound to the tea. If stored correctly, it should stay potent for several years.

I know there's a B&D Oral DMT thread here somewhere, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'd like to get a few sound answers before this thread is inevitably merged with that one ;).

If you know there's a B&D Oral DMT thread then maybe use it - we mods are quick like psychedelic lightning ;)

Sometimes :|

PS: All the PD B&D threads are located in the "Essential Reading: The Best of PD" linky at the top of the front page or in the linky in my sig. Or Swirlow's. Or probably other PD modfolk's :)

Last edited: