• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

Alright, so I'm getting ready for a first-time DMT experience (hopefully) in the next couple of days. I acquired an oz. each of Chaliponga and Syrian Rue. Now I have a few questions.

I know there isn't much info at all on Chaliponga, but I'm planning to attempt two doses out of the oz. I have. Would this be sufficient, in others' opinions? I'd really like to make possibly 3 but I don't want to under-shoot, either.

Also, the consensus on the Rue seems to be about 1/8th an oz. While reading up on this, I noticed that MAOIs also intensify the effects of mushrooms. My friend with who I am planning to share this experience wishes for us to eat mushrooms at the same time. While I was kinda wanting to leave everything to the aya to be sure it worked, I also don't want to pass up such a tempting opportunity. But my question is, is this safe? While I am comfortable with myself and my experiences, I am definitely not highly experienced with combinations, particularly involving MAOIs. I am less worried about the potential intensity of the trip than any physically ailing implications. By the chance it is safe, should a greater quantity be consumed, or should the initial quantity suffice for both?

I don't know anything about the dosing for chaliponga..

But if this is your first time doing aya, I'd recommend not taking the mushrooms along with it. You can easily (and inexpensively) get more syrian rue to try with mushrooms some other time. But if you have a good dose of DMT in you with the maoi, it should be all you need and you will probably want that to be all youre on. Though I don't see why it wouldn't be safe besides tripping way to hard and maybe becoming disoriented to the point of triping over everything.

When I am on a good oral dmt trip, my visual field becomes completely morphed to the point that I can't walk around without contantly getting lost, you really should not need the mushrooms if you take enough DMT. It is a very very intense experience and you should take in the raw experience for what it can give you

This is how I feel, as well. Thanks for your input. I will most likely explain to my friend that mixing them the first time isn't ideal. Besides, I'll have plenty of Syrian Rue left-over once the initial brew is done.

I've also read that Diplopterys is something of the middle-grade for aya brewing, but its tryp concentrations seem to vary wildly (or the sources are just inconsistent), making our brew a sort of guessing game on our part, which is why I want to use the whole thing. One source has suggested that 8g is sufficient for a good experience (thus I could end up with a good 3 and 3/4 doses. Another has suggested 10g is "average" and that 15g results in a "strong" experience. But at the same time, my supplies were shipped in zip-lock bags, the Chaliponga is already "ground" more or less, and I'm unsure of it's storage conditions beforehand. I trust the source, but am still interested if anyone has any input on this.

Well, like you said the plant potency can vary widely...and then also peoples senstivity also seems to vary widely, ranging from people who only need like 75mg total DMT in them to trip to people like me who need well over 200mg.

You just gotta play around with it till it works for you.

Looks like that'll just have to be what happens.

But one more thing; what about weed? My friend and I are huge tokers and usually smoke a couple to several blunts every night. Is there any possible negative effect of this? EDIT: In relation to consuming the brew, of course.

How does DMT/Ayahuasca compare to LSD and 2c-e for healing ++++ experiences?

I found some sites that apparently sell the ingredients you need to make the brew, is it as simple as buying them, boiling them and drinking?

Hard to do?

No it's not hard. Google can find you lots of recipes for brewing huasca.

If you can make tea you can probably make huasca.

Ayawaska is not an extraction it's an infusion - just like making a cup of tea really. You may be thinking of DMT extraction. Although that's also very easy :)

You may be thinking of DMT extraction. Although that's also very easy

Indeed it is, although a surprising number of people seems capable of screwing it up :)

I'm a little confused, because it's illegal in the states, but why do I see so many sites that sell the extracts I need to make it? Is it only the combination of the extracts that make it "illegal"?

Also how long do I need to follow that special MAOI diet before and after taking the Huasca?

Pretty sure it's only extracted DMT that's illegal - the plants are perfectly legal. A bit like the situation in the UK where mushrooms are (sort of) legal cos they grow everywhere but are illegal to prepare or consume in any way, perhaps?

DMT/Ayahuasca questions

So I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and a recent interview I heard with Joe Rogan sold me.

For those of you that have done it, how many times have you done it? Would you say the first time was a sufficient visit to the DMT realm, or would you visit it again and again like with acid? If you have drank ayahuasca and smoked DMT, what were the differences and which would you recommend for the first time experiencing it?

Thanks

For an introduction to the realm of DMT I would smoke (actually vaporize!) it. But for a more or less life-changing experience I would take ayahuasca.
Both are not to be done casually, I only smoke DMT when the timing is in total agreement and I can deeply allow myself to sort of consult the oracle. There are enough people though who do it recreationally but you still need to be conscious about it.
I still haven't tried ayahuasca, because I think it's a pretty serious thing. I happily await in patience until I know the right time is arrived.

Ahh thank you, just the kind of answer I needed to hear.

Can you vaporize DMT using a meth pipe? I've never smoked meth but they can be found pretty easily.

I've done it (oral dmt that is) over 20 times, took me a few tries to get the dosing right and everybody is different with how much they need....so no my first time was not sufficient. But my first breakthrough oral dmt experience was incredible and though it was sufficient to get me somewhat acquainted with that realm I still have wanted to go back again and again because of how powerful and amazing I've found it to be.

Smoking the spice and taking it orally are completely different beasts to me, smoking is always fast and I can never remember all too much out of it while oral you slowly start an accelerating descent into your trip and I feel "you" more fully experience every last detail.

Oral DMT is some serous business(for most people at least), smoked DMT can also be serious experience but it is a lot easier to handle for your first experience with this molecule (not that it is quite understandable what it was that you experienced).

Hahaha, I was just listening to the Joe Rogan interview. And about a year ago that interview was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

My advice would be to do your own extract. It'll cost you around $250 to extract a kilo of minamosa hostilis root bark, which will give you 3-5 grams of DMT. Which seems like a lot, but once you start experimenting you're going to want to keep going deeper and deeper. Or at least have some around for a rainy day and some to share with friends. And have some around for combinations (which IMO is the best way to enjoy DMT).

You could extract like 100 grams of root bark, but you'd still need around $150 for the all the supplies, so IMHO it makes more sense to just do a kilo. You don't need a seperatory funnel, instead use naptha (it doesn't eat plastic) and 10 ml needless syringes.

You're going to want to check out
The Lazy Man's Tek
and
DMT for the masses
Read through both, and combine them to make the tek that works best for you. It's VERY simple to do but read through both teks at least a couple dozen times. Also buying a kilo of root bark makes more sense because you'll probably mess up your first batch. And BTW DMT for the masses says to not shake the jars....SHAKE THE JARS, when you use that much lye you will not form an emulsion layer, so don't worry about it and do the DMT shuffle.

If you have any more questions PM me.
Extracting DMT is an extremely rewarding experience and fairly easy to do. Not that I'd know or anything ;)
edit: as far as smoking DMT, IME I find it smokes best when mixed with any dry herb. I've never had any trouble breaking through smoking out of any regular cannabis pipe (when the spice is mixed with a herb). If you're smoking straight DMT, you'll want a chillum (with 4-5 screens packed into it), meth/crack pipe, vaporizer or something of the sort. If I were to smoke it straight up, I'd go with a chillum with 4-5 screens and just heat the glass, don't let the flame touch the spice. IMO buying a chillum and a few screens is easier than making a "machine".

mods: sorry if the pricing isn't allowed, it's an estimate for the entire extraction process, not the cost of drugs.

Last edited:
As Adrian says oral DMT is unique, as incredible as mushrooms and LSD are there's something special about DMT. Orally I usually try moclobemide and extracted DMT freebase mixed in a pint of coca-cola (which forms the phoshpate salt which is less nauseating). Unfortunately I've got a sensitive stomach and can't cope with the nausea I get even with the coca-cola method.

But I intend to return to DMT land some day :)

For someone with a sensitive stomach, taking moclobemide and high-dose mushrooms can be very similar to an oral DMT trip.