• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

I looked around and it seems that your figure is pretty much accurate. TBH, I was dealing with much smaller scale extractions than a key at a time, only having done about 4-5 extractions using ~100g. My guess is that it was either more impure than first thought (my trips confirm this as not likely), my scale sucked (likely), my memory is bogus (somewhat likely), or a mix of the three.

i need a scale. but .57 just dont sound right to me. if you said .8 i would beleive you. 1 and beyond is possible but only with xylene (where you pull more than just dmt dmt)

ismene what tek do you use? i just go stb. with a gallon pickle jar ten and a half cups of water are added followed by a half cup of lye. as soon as it is dissolved 250g mhrb is added. stirred to a black lather an unknown ammount of xylene is poured in (about an inch deep, i supose you could figure out the volume from the radius of the jar and find out how much is in it but it rele dont matter).
xylene separates in less than a night and has a yellow tinge to it. its pulled and evaporated leaving a fuckton of off white to slightly creamy yellow crystaly kind of stuff. but right before its 100% dry i will take an id card or something and scrape it up while its still gooey and then wipe it back onto the pan and spread it out and kind of knead it like bread until you cant scrape it back onto the pan. now its a nice waxy substance that can be handled easily.

yields great, and it just keeps commin and commin! do 4 pulls and you still got some on its way.

Last edited:
STB and naptha. Never get anything like .8, more like .4 or less.

Do you do much stirring?

i havnt been there in a year or two. there have been so SO many new developments. STB is practically ancient. wow.

wow indeed. haven't been there for a long time either. especially the converting to the fumarate and activity of DMT-N-Oxide sound interesting.

shaken not stirred

also, has anyone tried ayahuasca with dmt oxide instead of regular dmt?

Last edited:
Bumping this again.

A couple days ago, I tried a brew of 12g MHRB simmered in dH2O & lemon juice for 30 minutes, strained, and repeated twice.

Against the advice of Gaian Planes, I simply pulverized 3.5 g of Peganum Harmala seeds, and just swallowed them, washing down with Pepsi. Wited 20 minutes, then the root bark brew went down the hatch. Kept it all down about 30 min before yakking. Luckily, I made some extra brew, which I then consumed.

I got some psychedelic effects, definitely but nothing mindblowing by any means. I also fell asleep about 90 minutes into the trip. 8)

I'm going to make some adjustments, making tea from the Rue and using more MHRB next time.

My question is: How long should I wait between sessions? Standard psychedelic wisdom says a week, but I always thought DMT didn't have that kind of short-term tolerance (at least according to Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule, in which subjects received 4 equal doses of IV DMT at 1-hour intervals).

I'm eager for another attempt, but I don't want to be disappointed again. Thoughts?

I've read that claim that you can take ayahuasca 40 times in 40 days but I've found a definate tolerance to oral DMT - the longer you leave between trips the better. Take it every week and the psychedelic effects are nowhere near as pronounced.

Then it's down to Adrian to tell us how to improve our yields :)

I basically do just a normal stb after pulverizing my bark bringing the pH to round 13...usually about 800 mL water per 70 grams of bark, let the naphtha sit with the mixture for about 3 days for the first pull rolling my jar around every morning afternoon and night, do a few pulls giving it more time each pull.

I'm very patient with my extractions since I don't have much time to be using the DMT anyway and its always whitish crystally powder with a slight yellow tinge. I don't worry about purifying since I do not smoke it anyway. And I never do large scale extractions since I use it so slowly. Just enough for a bunch of oral dmt sessions at a time.

Im planning on dosing 300mg of 10x harmala extract and around 200-300mgs of DMT freebase tomorrow.

Everyone wish me luck.

I'll be on a near empty stomach. Im about to eat right now, its 1:08am, and i'll be tripping in around 12 hours.. I figure thats enough time to let anything that would intefere with the MAOI properties digest out...

This will be my first oral dmt trip.
I can't stand smoking the shit.. i never could break through proper that way.. hopefully I have a breakthrough oral trip.

0.57% is one "official" report of yield from Mimosa Hostilis...and it is a figure you should completely dismiss, as different Mimosa treeswill contain different amounts of alkaloids!

Yield from Mimosa is commonly 1% and can be as high as 2% or even more... about the minimum yield you should expect from decent root bark is 0.5%.

Generally, yields are not based upon your technique, but upon what is ACTUALLY in the plant! But if you are getting 0.1%... then it is your technique which may not be extracting all the alkaloids from the root bark.

Plus, when you buy root bark, it is going to be from different trees, normally, as well!

Also, all Syrian Rue is not the same in terms of strength... if its not working for you, try doing 5 grams or so. A day between attempts is quite sufficiant!

Julian.

Im planning on dosing 300mg of 10x harmala extract and around 200-300mgs of DMT freebase tomorrow.

Everyone wish me luck.

I'll be on a near empty stomach. Im about to eat right now, its 1:08am, and i'll be tripping in around 12 hours.. I figure thats enough time to let anything that would intefere with the MAOI properties digest out...

This will be my first oral dmt trip.
I can't stand smoking the shit.. i never could break through proper that way.. hopefully I have a breakthrough oral trip.

I'd try dosing lower on the dmt for your first oral trip
Most people are good in the 100-150 mg range and some people even less.

I'd try dosing lower on the dmt for your first oral trip
Most people are good in the 100-150 mg range and some people even less.

Yeah, I ended up trying 300mgs of 10x harmala with 150mgs of dmt freebase. It wasn't nearly enough.

I think 300mgs would be needed next time, maybe even more.

However, I don't have enough dmt anymore, just 5-meo-dmt.

Anyone have any idea what kind of dose I should try with oral 5-meo-dmt?

10mgs?

mm yea my dose is in the 200s and 300s personally, but better safe than goin way over board...
are you sure your harmala extract is potent enough? that could be an issue, just comin up wit idears...but yea you may just be on of those way naturally tolerant people like I am

Last edited:
I mean, theres absolutely no way of knowing if my harmala extract is potent enough.. it was sold as 10x extract.. from a reputable vendor online.. so all I can do is just assume it is what it is.

In TIHKAL, Shulgin reports on three experiments combining 5-MeO-DMT with harmaline without any serious problems with toxicity.

Neither does Ott in his leather bound, hand signed book about Snuff and 5meodmt... but that doesn't mean they are correct. Sure pharmacologically, it may not be toxic according to their standards, but it doesn't mean that it may not cause unwanted reactions and experiences when combined with a MAOI.

And it may also be toxic in a way we don't understand... this is my intuition.

And so I think that everyone who hasn't done 5meodmt with an MAOI should not feel incomplete or that they are missing out on something important if they haven't tried this. And I am yet to be convinced there is any value in this experience that couldn't be found in snorting or smoking the stuff!

I'm usually up for anything, but this combination could be a recipe for disaster for many people it seems to me, even very experienced people.

Julian.

smoking it is quite quite quite valuable anyway...and looking at shuilgins description makes it sound like smoking it is the more worthwhile method anyway