View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread - Elves are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I wouldn't suggest a poorly written tek for anyones first time, but being familiar with the process it makes sense to me.
Here is a link to where i grabbed that from.

Does anyone know whether the ph is correct in that? ( 3 & 11.2 )

woah woah woah

woah.

you can hardly read my teks but their bulletproof.
mmkay?

^ hahaha =D

Yar, Ignus' typing isn't exactly the easiest stuff to read. It takes some time to get the goods out of it trying to figure out the sentence structure due to lack of punctuation and capitalization but once you have it, it's good stuff.

Just takes longer to read.

Stream of consciousness typing, don't expect refinement. lol

I've asked this question regarding mescaline as well but didn't get an answer:
say you have freebase DMT in a non-polar solvent, then you add concentrated sulphuric acid and mix well. That should protonate the DMT without adding an aqueous layer right? So it should precipitate in a pretty clean fashion? Would this be harmful to the DMT because of the localized acid concentration, is this an easy way to get good stuff from STB extraction?

Would it be ok to siphon off the naphtha with a rubber or plastic hose or would the naphtha corrode it? Where I live I can't even find a turkey baster let alone a lab pipette.

Would it be ok to siphon off the naphtha with a rubber or plastic hose or would the naphtha corrode it? Where I live I can't even find a turkey baster let alone a lab pipette.

If I'm correct that depends on the type of plastic you are referring to. I'd be very careful with rubber by the way, usually that doesn't handle itself very well with solvents. LDPE plastic (soft polyethylene) is also not strong enough.
HDPE should be strong enough. Something like PP / TFE - the material for plastic separatory funnels - is even better resistant to strong acids and bases than glass!

See if you can order a separatory funnel somewhere (like on the internet). It's worth it, before I got one I found it painstakingly hard to handle the process. On eBay theyre expensive though... but do some searching.

I've asked this question regarding mescaline as well but didn't get an answer:
say you have freebase DMT in a non-polar solvent, then you add concentrated sulphuric acid and mix well. That should protonate the DMT without adding an aqueous layer right? So it should precipitate in a pretty clean fashion? Would this be harmful to the DMT because of the localized acid concentration, is this an easy way to get good stuff from STB extraction?

I'm really not sure about that one. The common method is just to extract from the non-polar solvent with acidic water and evaporate the water layer to get crystals.

The localized acid concentration could ruin DMT but more importantly; the acid might not get a chance to come into contact with the DMT because the acid won't mix in with the non-polar layer. This kind of "straight to crystal" thing is usually done with that nasty HCl gas.

See if you can order a separatory funnel somewhere (like on the internet). It's worth it, before I got one I found it painstakingly hard to handle the process. On eBay theyre expensive though... but do some searching.

Thanks. But it would be cheaper just to order a glass pipette. Why would it be so painstaking to use? With a 25ml bubble pipette it wouldn't take too many scoops to collect the solvent.

A simple way if you don't want to bother with a pipette is to get a very thin cup with a bit of a ledge at the top and simply dunk it into the mixture and let the naptha run into the cup. Always found that a lot easier than using a pippete and you can often get more of the naptha off.

Yeah that would get the bulk of it but I imagine it would be difficult to get the last thin layer.
How about using a syringe? I remember someone mentioning gluing two syringes on top of each other so that the solvent didn't reach the sealing gasket and melt it. Would the plastic syringes are made of resist corrosion?

Two plastic syringes taped together works fine. Three works even better.

Hey - I read a while but couldn't find a similar question. My friend went and tried noman's tek, although instead of refrigeration let the naptha evaporate over a few days. At the end she was left with three small jam jars containing a lot of oil (looked like a 1/4 tsp worth in each) and almost no crystals. After smoking it was clear the oil had some spice in it, but not a lot, and the oil made it very difficult to work with. What could have happened? Why was there so much oil? She's excited to try again but wants to be a better little chemist.

It's what you get when you evaporate instead of freeze precip

Hey - I read a while but couldn't find a similar question. My friend went and tried noman's tek, although instead of refrigeration let the naptha evaporate over a few days. At the end she was left with three small jam jars containing a lot of oil (looked like a 1/4 tsp worth in each) and almost no crystals. After smoking it was clear the oil had some spice in it, but not a lot, and the oil made it very difficult to work with. What could have happened? Why was there so much oil? She's excited to try again but wants to be a better little chemist.

You didn't leave it to evaporate for long enough. If you leave the oil for another few days it dries into crystals. Can take as long as 7-10 days.

You can take the oil and dissolve it in a small amount of hot naphtha or something similar and then let it cool and put in freezer

Would it be safe to use white spirit sold as paint thinner? It is practically naphtha, but would there by any purity concerns or something?

I've used odorless mineral spirits before

If you wanna check for purity concerns, evaporate whatever solvent you are wanting to use on a glass dish and check for residue left over...this will help you see if it evaporates away cleanly or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.