PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread - Elves are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
new solvent maing...

evaporate your old solvent and youll still have some dmt

Really? I freeze preciped my DMT and poured off the naphtha into a jar and saved it. The crystals were all stuck tot he side of the jar so I just directed a fan at the opening of the jar and saved the unfiltered solvent.

The way I see it, some DMT is still in the naphtha so the next time I do an extraction, more DMT will some out of the freeze precip because it's already saturated. Is my theory flawed? DMT degradation while it's in the solvent?

^Yeah, the DMT stays there, but I was concerned that if used multiple times the solvent would accumulate impurities.

One time I dried DMT with a fan and it was noticeably yellower afterwards. Also, I've read several people reporting the same on the Nexus.

^Yeah, the DMT stays there, but I was concerned that if used multiple times the solvent would accumulate impurities.

One time I dried DMT with a fan and it was noticeably yellower afterwards. Also, I've read several people reporting the same on the Nexus.

AFAIK that's to do with oxidation of the crytals to DMT-n-oxide on your evap dish...

i personally like the n-oxide. theres an extraction method i came up with that turns out grey dmt that tastes like cream soda and gives a super mellow trip just like the dmt oxide :D

check out my volcano tek thread... it only works with already extracted spice tho :(

AFAIK that's to do with oxidation of the crytals to DMT-n-oxide on your evap dish...

Yeah but it defeats the purpose of recrystallizing in the first place.

Bu if it happens, it can be separated by another r.c. (this time with no fan drying) and then turned to DMT using the zinc dust tek I mentioned above.

Dangers commonly associated to basic DMT extraction?

What are the most dangerous things to watch out for if someone were to attempt their first DMT extraction?

Spilling naptha on your genitals.

Only conformists extract fully clothed.

But really I'd imagine letting naptha fully evaporate and just handling the chemicals responsibly would remove most dangers.

Well, lets see.

With acids and bases you have to make damn sure they don't come into contact with your skin. Wear gloves. Concentrated NaOH or HCl will strip the flesh right off you if you don't get it washed off in time, and even if you do, it'll burn like hell and likely leave some marks.

Organic solvents. For example naphtha, xylene, miscellaneous hydrocarbons. They are volatile (easily evaporate into the atmosphere) and explosive. Many labs blow up for the simple reason that people aren't careful with fumes and sparks or sources of flame. Keep any spark producing thing (such as electric motors) or flames away from solvents. Also do the work in a ventilated area, ie. have a good draft going on or do it outside. Fume hood is ideal but, well, you know...

Acid or base burns.....

keep vinegar around to neutralize any lye spills and baking soda to neutralize any muriatic spills...

If your evaporating solvents, never use direct flame.... never use a microwave.... if you need to speed up evaporation, use a fucking hot water bath to do it....

I don't know if this is a danger, but like others have said, the solvents used (like naptha) are volatile, so if you leave it by a window, the neighbors might smell it and freak out because they think you're running a meth lab in your kitchen, and then call the cops.

Just don't go smoking while you're doing the extraction, no gas stove, etc.

Is it possible by the way, just to smoke the ground mimosa hostilis bark?

:p

And trip, of course it's possible to smoke it.

^ Nope, ya gotsta extract the DMT for it to have any effect.

It's a really easy extraction, just do some research and be careful, don't get overwhelmed.

I think the most important thing is to wear gloves and goggles when you are working with lye.

Do you guys thinks that it is dangerous to use a hair dryer to speed up the evaporation process?

I have done this a few times to get my pulls concentrated enough for freeze precipitation and had no problems but am wondering if I'm taking a risk doing this.

Delta 9: Just do it in a ventilated area and don't put the hair dryer too close to the solvent. If there isn't ventilation fumes will build up and the ignition source from the element in the dryer and spark generated from the brushes in the electric motor will spell ignition.

I once tried to dry a pan of methanol infused with cactus alkaloids in an oven. 8o

It was a convection oven, with the fan in the back.

Anyways I throw it in there on a low heat setting and sit down to eat some food at the table, 10 minutes later... BANG!!! The oven door blasts open and the pan is sitting there with nice 8 inch blue flames coming off of it. Those flames started to spread to the sealer stuff around where to door meets the oven and the wood above the oven was going to be next (it's one of those built-in to the cabinet ovens.)

I grabbed a fire extinguisher and gave it a couple shots. What a mess. :|

Fire extinguisher crap all over the inside of the oven, the floor, and in the methanol/pyrex pan. Luckily my parents were away for the weekend. It took 4 hours to clean it all up. What a pain in the ass, that fire extinguisher dust is so hard to clean up, it gets EVERYWHERE.

My extraction was toast. Wasted my cactus, and all the work that went into it. Ended up dosing some MDMA that night instead of the anticipated mescaline.

It could have been much worse. :\

Edit: if you want Aya, yeah you can just brew the mimosa and an MAOI. If you want smokable DMT you have to extract it.

8o At you extraction horror story above. Lucky all you lost was your mescaline extract. Good thing you had a fire extinguisher handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.