View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread - Elves are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't leave it to evaporate for long enough. If you leave the oil for another few days it dries into crystals. Can take as long as 7-10 days.

So the oil will evaporate?

In the future, is it a good strategy to let it evaporate 75% and then stick it in the freezer for filtration?

How sensitive is the chemical? Is it likely to noticeably degrade at room temperature over a week or two?

Nope, DMT seems to be very Stable, I have collections from Various extractions over a year old that are just as good.

I've used odorless mineral spirits before

Another thing is that it's heavy naphtha, from C7 to C12 and with alicyclic HC's, so it may lead do difficulties evaporating or recrystallizing.

@Papa:

DMT is very stable in my experience. Some DMT I had stored for a year in a non-sealed container at room temperature barely started to turn yellow. That stored in sealed containers looked brand new.

The egg-white tek for mimosa?

Don't suppose anyone is familiar with the egg-white tek for a mimosa brew? Never done it before, do you have any tips?

Thank you please.

dmt-Nexus said:
If you're brewing mimosa, you're going to want to do the egg white tek. Add a bit of egg white to the brew and heat it slowly to a boil and when it cooks remove it and it will contain tannins. tannins are really hard to drink and keep down.

hmm.. never heard of this before

Me neither, but apparantly it makes drinking mimosa a lot less nauseating.

its supposed to pull the tannins out of the brew before its consumed.

ive always wanted to adapt the tek for extraction purposes :D

from what i understand you just add egg whites to the slosh and stirr it around and pull em out.

I would check over at forums.ayahuasca.com, I know that there have been a few threads on the subject...

Would it be safe to use white spirit sold as paint thinner? It is practically naphtha, but would there by any purity concerns or something?

I tried using it once. It's practically impossible to precipitate, and even evaporation takes a really long time.

Thanks. I've checked and based on the specific gravity and distillation fraction it is indeed heavier.

I've been testing my 3-phase deemster extraction project today.

The principles go like this:

1. basify the bark with NaOH. Extract with a large amount of heavy aliphatic naphtha to get max. amount of alkaloids out.

2. Mix 1g citric acid per 100g of bark into 100ml water. Add the citric acid solution to the extracted heavy naphtha, shake and let separate a few times until the water/acid solution turns yellow. Separate the layers into 2 jars.

3. Now take the same amount of NaOH, maybe a few grams extra to be sure, as you used citric acid, and dissolve it in 100ml water. Then mix this with the jar with the water and DMT citrate to basify the spice again. Then extract again with a light naphtha and freeze precipitate.

So far it's been working fine. I'm in the middle of phase 3 now. When I added the NaOH to the yellow DMT citrate solution, the mixture turned milky. Looks like a mixture of piss and milk... Now all that's to do is to separate the light naphtha from the mixture and freeze it. I can't wait to see the results. Stay tuned for updates...

Update: now I'm at the final precipitation phase, and the method seems to be working like charm. It's precipitating really well. Crystal is kinda yellow probably due to some N-oxide content but otherwise seems nice and pure. Maybe I'll post some pics when I get it out of the freezer.

Just took it from the freezer, and the crystals are freaking awesome. Lots of yellow crystal indicating n-oxide, but that's probably because the bark/lye mixture has been lying around here for quite a long time (I had to leave it as I went for a vacation for a week)

Will post pictures soon.

psh coinspire i gotchu brah

checkit
if yu can du the math yous strait. mkay? or stick with the strait plan

ratios
fractions like the fourth grade.
makein d and you got it made.

take ten and a half cups of that good ol HtwoO
and throw it (by jently pouring) in a gallon sized jar of your glass choosing

followed (at your leasure) by adding a half a cup of granulated lye "crystals" (pure btw, nothin in them, i know u know but just gotta throw this phrase in the tek to make it legit for the other readers, lovin you btw)

mkay

2hundred and 50 grams count em 250 g's of MHRB mimosa hostillis root bark. stb. add it strait to your base solution. (this is the part like in those movies where they say the title IN THE movie)

blackness. just pure evil vile sickly crusted pink to strait up GAK of some redish black.
but it will turn into a nice liquidy mix with propor stirring/shaking

add however much naptha (xylene ftw tho) you want. i go for the first pull about an inch up the jar (how many mls this is idk and seriously dc). it all evaporates when you put it on the pan.
shake-a-shake a-little ...lot. and let settle. in a few you should have a nice defined layer separated.

turkey baste that or use whatever suction method to pull the top clearish yellowish whateverthefuck color it is layer off the top and put it in a glass or metal pan. and evaporate it. scrape around and scrape it back onto the tray then scrape it up til its like solid wax.

then. have at it.
google--a multibillion dollar company. and a drunk guy just beat any search you cuolda done. fuckeyahfuckeyah.

how much would that yeild from 250grams of mimmosa?

^ Depends really on the potency of the starting material. 1% is usually considered a decent yield (that's 2.5 grams for you math illiterates ;))

IGNVS - that STB tutorial of yours is awesome, I somehow managed to miss this before. You, sir, just have a lovely way with words! <3 Even (especially?) when drunk =D

IGNVS, that's hilarious. =D

If you DO use Xylene, though, don't use a plastic turkey baster (or plastic ANYTHING, to be safe). That shit will eat through (most) plastic like a blowtorch. 8(

simple Acacia bark extraction

100g bark shreaded as best as possible
add enough ethyl acetate to cove the bark by 200 mills- leave over night
remove and capture solvent (so you don't waste $ on more) to give DMT free base
smoke as is or crysatlize via the usual methods to HCL salt

Status
Not open for further replies.