Votes: 251 20.7%
  • once a week

Votes: 154 12.7%
  • twice a week

Votes: 56 4.6%
  • everyday until I run out

Votes: 50 4.1%

• Total voters
About once every 2 months really - sometimes once a month after I had a crazy winter-spring this year's feb - may - too much acid and 2C-B and 2C-E hehehe...was fun, but really showed me you shouldn't do them too much, or any durg, as they WILL slap you in the face too much.

i went through a sheet/100 hits in a month last summer, then another sheet and some liquid till early on this year.. sometimes i'd trip daily, go to work tripping etc..which a lot of people see as a waste since tolerance builds so fast, but i get it cheap and it's hella potent.. it works like therapy does for a lot of people. it gets rid of my anxiety and schiz for several weeks~a month after stopping. the best anti-depressant i know of for sure!

i tried salvia, but nothing happened except dissociation.. and i smoked the entire g hit after hit, held in smoke, etc... i guess it's legal for a reason or i have a naturally high tolerance to dissociatives -- i mean out of desperation i once drank 2 bottles of Robitussin (DXM only), passed out, and just felt like i had a bad flu for a few days after.

then i've tripped on shrooms a few times, which i hate, and a couple random chems like pipers, mda, mdma, and medical bud part of last year and this year

i haven't dabbled in the RCs or cacti, since i have never seen them around, tho my favorite atm is LSD and i think it will always be <3

peace

How often do YOU trip?

Simple question. Just curious about the amount the community takes in and within what frame of time!

=D

for me it varies greatly, sometimes i'll go months without, sometimes i'll do it 2 weekends in a row. Very rarely closer than 7 days apart though... largely dependent on a bunch of things besides availability. Certain holidays (halloween & new years specifically) I always like to trip on, and musical events can be good venues for psychedelic experiences as well. Occasionally I enjoy just getting some alone time and doing some introspection.

It depends whats going on. Sometimes ill trip every weekend and other times ill trip once a month. I also like to trip when special things are going on or on holidays.

Between once a week and once every few months. Now it's mushroom season so it's at least once a fortnight. ;)

lately with a new job and what not? once or twice a month.

When I had much less responsibilities? Ranging from once a month to every other day for a month. Depending on what's going on... if I feel like I could use a reminder of the things I've learned, feel like I need to change the way I'm living my life, trying new things before other people, etc.

whenever I can. avalibility sucks right now, my old dealer dissapeared.

How Often do you Trip out?

I enjoy to generally trip out 4-6 times a month. I don't know if that is too much tripping but my favorite things to do and generally mdma, 4-aco-dmt, 2c-i.

I eat my vegetables and my fruits and i drink a considerable amount of orange juice daily, i do not take any supplements or anything like that, as i do not feel they would really "do anything" I don't feel as if there is any impeding problems in my brainbox involving my personality. I know that my Cannabis Use, which is around 1gram a day, and it's been that way sense i was 14. I am now 23. May have broken my memory a bit, but after a psychedelic experience i feel as if my memory has been totally restored.

I am just wondering, what everyone else on here is like...

am i on an out of control psychedelic spiral to my "demise" or am i a traditional Psychedelic Researcher??

not only that, i don't drink alcohol...

4-6 times a month is a little on the heavy side for long-term consistent use, but aside from any potential risks specific to 2C-I and 4-aco-dmt (while two of the seemingly safest RCs they are still RCs, after all), I don't think there's any physiological reason it's bad. MDMA is another story, of course; it's actually physiologically damaging if used excessively. The general rule of thumb I've heard is to space out rolls by at least 2 weeks and probably more if you're using consistently over the long term.

Other than that, it's all very subjective and personal. If your use of psychedelics makes it hard for you to meet your obligations to work, school, friends and/or family then you probably need to cut back. As long as it's not trading off with something else that is important to you or those around you, I don't see a problem with tripping pretty often. The biggest subjective risk is losing sight of objective reality because you spend all your time zonked out, but 4-6 times a month is far for that level for most experienced trippers. The biggest risk there is with shorter term binges, where you try to keep yourself tripping for all or most of your waking hours over several days. So long as you have the sense to take a break for a while if new time-sensitive obligations come up or if you have a difficult experience that requires some time to integrate, you should be fine.

Personally, I rarely have a significant stock of psychedelics, so I use in bursts. I may go months or even a year or more with no trips at all, then I'll get a few doses and consume them in a relatively short time span. In general I try to keep trips spaced out by at least 5-7 days, but with 2C-I in particular I often find myself dosing multiple times a week during my usage bursts.
I use a similar amount of cannabis when I don't actively limit my consumption, and it's probably the least healthy thing I do with any regularity (now that I quit smoking tobacco regularly, anyway).

I used to trip every week once or twice... I realized I was almost self-medicating myself because it seemed to just give everything, every situation, such a brighter glow in day to day life, even when I wasn't actually tripping. I miss that. Now, I trip every other week or so... or whenever somebody brings psychedelics over to my house.......

i used to trip like 2 or 4 times a month 2 or 3 years ago. now i really only trip once every couple of months maybe 4 or 5 times a year.

i like it better cuz the trips are always much more intense and visual. and i dont have to dose as high

what i really need to do is lower my cannabis tolerance lol

How often do you take psychedelics? How healthy is this for you?

I probably dose around 4-5 times a year on an entheogen or empathogenic substance. I'd honestly like to dose more often but I'd like to not gain a tolerance or make the experience any less profound. Each one of my trips, whether qualitatively good or bad, has been useful to my psyche. Whether I want to acknowledge the lessons or not I learn about myself on every trip and have made positive improvements after those experiences I consider important in my psychonautic explorations thus far.. These changes have resulted in a revolution in myself, a complete 100% turnaround from a cynical sloth to an A type personality by any standards. My confidence, the way I carry myself.. Friends have noticed and commented on how they envy my character. I try to remain humble but I can't help but notice how affected I have been by my experiences. The change has not just been an improved inward reflection but a complete change in my ways and actions.

So I'm not taking dosing more often lightly, I have decided to start tripping once a month when I have the means. I have a regular Psilocyben Cubensies hook up that I will rely on when more exotic materials are not available. I have noticed with all of my previous trips that in the resulting weeks I have more motivation and handle my problems and day to day struggles with much more resolve.. I hope tripping more frequently will not lose these effects on me.

I'd like to learn from your experience, especially if you consider yourself experienced with entheogens. How did they affect you, not just during the intoxication itself but afterwards? How were you changed? Did the changes go from good to bad? What kinds did you find were the most "boosting", and the least draining? Thus far I have found mushrooms to be my favorite all around, so I think I'll start with the more exotic tryptamines rather than phenethylamines..

Last edited:
I take psychedelics about 8 times a year these days. In my teens/earlier twenties I took them about once a month.

I have always made good decisions about which psychedelics I choose to take, make sure and start out at crazy low dosages and work my up, and always keep a clear mind about expectations for what I want the trip to show me. I haven't suffered any ill effects from tripping only had positive, uplifting, spirit cleansing after effects. My only concern came from a dose of 2c-p which gave me a few days worth of lasting "HPPD" type effects but now I am back to my wonderful self.

Stay safe with dosages and make sure your product is quality and you should be ok. Of course everyone is different and this is just one opinion.

I think your choice of psych can play a role in this as well. So far, I have had very uplifting cacti, 2C, and LSD trips with a very positive afterglow for months. I also have had some dark and terrifying mushroom and weed experiences, but I felt that I grew in a positive manner after them.

However I feel that my semi-recent DOC trip actually set me back developmentally in a few ways. It had some negative emotional repercussions and my thought processes were very negative and dark for a few days afterwards. Perhaps I didn't do a great job of integrating it, but it is what it is. I'm still willing to give it another shot under better settings. This isn't to slag off the compound, but rather to just point out that if you are having great results from psilocyn, you might not be able to get as much depth and growth out of another psych, so tread cautiously and good luck.

I don't take psychedelics, they take me. I eat them and we journey forth...

I trip whenever I have occasion for tripping, which lately isn't very often but could easily be every week. Usually defined as a social or spiritual event involving someone else who trips.